A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 308,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
263 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1730790 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #7740 on: November 22, 2008 09:14:02 AM »

Hey poppeteers!

I was at Joann's last night and they had Alova 60% off. Dunno if it's a national sale (but I kinda think most of their sales are?) I already have plenty, so I only picked up half a yard of the one I've been drooling over for ages, but hey, if you've got a Joann's nearby, it might be worth a lookyloo. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7741 on: November 22, 2008 09:58:41 AM »

Jerkie your new poppet is adorable! I love her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattfae
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out!!!

Sanity maintained through crafting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7742 on: November 22, 2008 11:13:45 PM »

Love her hair
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handle every stressful situation like a dog,if you can't eat it or hump it,pee on it and walk away.

My Pinterest
My Deviantart
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #7743 on: November 23, 2008 08:53:49 AM »

Am I nuts to think I can have 3 of these done by Christmas?! One of them is my boyfriends World of Warcraft toon, plus one for my mom and one for my sister... I think the worst one is gonna be the WoW toon - so detailed! >_<

Jerkie, your poppet is adorable - love her hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
SugarySweet
« Reply #7744 on: November 23, 2008 01:06:22 PM »

I made 3 new poppets.  Grin

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=279758.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Android raptor
« Reply #7745 on: November 23, 2008 09:25:18 PM »

Hmmm, I really should get the ball rolling on my poppet photostories! I hope I can post them on Craftster, I think I have some really cute ideas that you all would enjoy!

I also need to make mine more clothes. Mikah needs cute, girly, though conservative things. Ku wants traditional, mature, masculine, and Japanese-y clothes. As for Maiya, she says "whatever shows my boobs,". Anyone got any suggestions/patterns that would be fitting for my guys? They tell me they also need some undies... Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snooky
« Reply #7746 on: November 24, 2008 04:35:06 PM »

wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo !!!

Made my first poppet, made her wig.

Now I just have to fix it to her head and to make her clothes, eye lid.... maybe a pic tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snooky
« Reply #7747 on: November 25, 2008 02:28:26 PM »

Here she is, my first poppet!

Thank you so much Ghillie for this wonderful pattern. thanks to you, I will be able to offer my daughter a special gift, something made with love, expecially for her. We went through very bad times this year, and I wanted her to have something special for christmas... As I looked on the internet to find inspiration, I discovered the poppets and became obsessed by the idea of making one... A dream came true.

I was finishing her hair at school today and my fellow teachers couldn't believe I made it myself. It will be my daughter's, so she doesn't have a name yet. She's good at giving name and telling stories about her dolls and stuffies.  I didn't do the clay nose, and she sure has a LOT of hair... Both curled and straight... So do we, my lil one and I ! I will have to put something in her neck to allow her head to be straight because of the weight of the wig.
She sure isn't perfect, but I learned a lot making her. And I can't wait to start to make her sisters. But now, I want to make her some clothes and I started to  look through all the wonderful pattern craftwoman sent me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
OmJane
-Tanya [tawn-yuh]

clickity clack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7748 on: November 25, 2008 03:02:59 PM »

snooky, the story you added to your post, actually made me choke up. seriously. youre wonderful for making something special. and it's beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: Flour and Fleece

"On the contrary, it is you who are crazy to think that you are mighty because you can wound and destroy. That is the task of children. The mighty know how to create and heal."
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #7749 on: November 25, 2008 03:13:59 PM »

snooky your daughters poppet is so cute! I'm sure she will love it. A Popsicle stick in the neck can help, just carefully rip a small bit of the back neck seam out and insert the stick, then carefully with small stitches close the hole up. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008 07:04:34 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...