A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
798 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 1316
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1324874 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7870 on: October 24, 2008 07:27:17 PM »

I agree with Sactownsue. It sheds aweful. I prefer Carron Simply Soft (acrylic and inexpensive) or Bernat Softee Chunky(same)
I'm allergic to the red heart yarn something in the chemicals they put on it to make it look nice, makes my hands break out and itch.

Red Heart makes me sneeze! But I still use it because it is so inexpensive Wink
I prefer to pay the extra 20 cent for a 6.0z skein of simply soft. lol. I am a woman of comfort. My crafting takes up enough of my time, it is what I do to relax, if I am uncomfortable while doing it it's not worth it to me. Plus I love the way simply soft feels. I have many a blanket made by my grandma that is so rough since it's made with red heart. lol
Sorry I'm not trying to sound like an infomercial! lol. I will say one downside to simply soft is the yarn is a bit splitty if you crochet or knit with it. But I'm so used to it I don't notice. For poppet hair it's not even an issue. But the Softee Chunky is soft and thick so I don't have to use as much. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SkyyAngel
« Reply #7871 on: October 25, 2008 08:14:10 AM »

Oooh, hey guys! I came across LOADS of links to free doll patterns/tutorials and down at the bottom are links for clothing, hats, drawing doll faces, eyelashes, hands, shoes, and a whole bunch more!

Check it out: http://www.clothdollconnection.com/FreePatterns.html

Figured it woul be pretty helpful to the poppet-ers. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7872 on: October 25, 2008 02:23:49 PM »

Oooh, hey guys! I came across LOADS of links to free doll patterns/tutorials and down at the bottom are links for clothing, hats, drawing doll faces, eyelashes, hands, shoes, and a whole bunch more!

Check it out: http://www.clothdollconnection.com/FreePatterns.html

Figured it woul be pretty helpful to the poppet-ers. Smiley
There is also a thread called "doll making sites" in the toys and dolls discussions board that I put together. It's been very useful when I've found a site and can't find it again. Lots of tutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7873 on: October 26, 2008 07:09:27 AM »

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i really don't understand how to do the head (including the ear attachment)
could someone PLEASE help me??

thanks,
luvelycritter

(somewhere in this thread is a picture tutorial for the head)  There are 4 pieces to the head.  2 fronts and 2 backs.  You sew the front seam on the head front and the back seam on the head back - leave a opening for turning in the head back.  You can attach the ears by hand after the head is sewn together or you can sandwich them in between the head front and back.

edit:  found it!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205341.msg2756394;topicseen#msg2756394
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008 07:14:55 AM by ghilie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
bellalupina
« Reply #7874 on: October 27, 2008 05:33:36 AM »

My new girl, Moo the rockabilly Harlequin Great Dane poppet! 

Check out her thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=275587.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

http://moonlit0wolfess.deviantart.com/

www.myspace.com/katherineelisemusic

I do personal swaps!
jolliebell
« Reply #7875 on: October 27, 2008 06:30:22 PM »

If anyone is interested, I posted the modified pattern pieces for the puppy pattern in his thread ( http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=270692.20) ... or, at least, I posted a picture of the modified pieces. I know. I'm lame.

On a much less so-last-month note, I did finish my latest Poppet, from the Elinore pattern. Her name is Zephyr, and she's quite a bit smaller than Bronwyn. I don't have any pictures of her yet, which is why I haven't given her her very own thread, but someday.... when she had  clothes... and I'm done with other projects... and maybe have given her a mouth... *sigh*... ah, yes... someday...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tvelez
« Reply #7876 on: October 27, 2008 07:32:23 PM »

OK, so i finished my first poppet, with many headaches- using beads for the eyes which would look ok if i could figure out how to do the eyelids.... soo ...
Can someone tell me where to find the eyelid tutorial? or explain it to me? Also, what size eyes do you use? I can't seem to find any eyes locally and need to order online- and since i can't see them, its hard to guess the size. Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiny T
I sew, paint unfinished wood, sketch, make jewelry, crochet a bit, loom knit, and sew. Pretty much if I can get my hands on it to learn, then I will know it. Maybe not perfectly, but enough for a hobby.

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tinyangel3d/
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7877 on: October 27, 2008 07:37:50 PM »

if it's not on the first page you can click on the images only tab and see just the pics in this thread. it's still a lot of pages to scroll through but hey, all those poppets to look at can't be bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7878 on: October 27, 2008 08:19:45 PM »

Your best bet on the eyelid is to cut out a half circle of felt or what ever fabric you'd like and glue it to the front of the eye. Wrap the excess around to the back of the eye and glue it. Easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7879 on: October 28, 2008 03:27:39 AM »

Here's my latest girl...no name yet.

Her dress as well as stole/shrug are adapted from this pattern, which also contains shoe patterns which I haven't tried yet but match up to the poppet feet It also has hair tutorials. I bought this a couple of years ago and then forgot about it.

Yes, I deliberately misspelled poppet in the link so as not to confuse with the real poppet clothes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 1316 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand Photoshop Layers
Prolines Vol 2 sports Ticket customization
How to Adjust Sports Photos Using Curves
How to Customize Your Template Design
How to Create a Quick Poster Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...