A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1342688 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jolliebell
« Reply #7710 on: September 26, 2008 05:54:29 PM »

Dessadoll - Can't wait to see pictures of your Earth Goddess! Don't forget to take the pictures before taking her to her new home.  Cheesy

Shelichan - The fabric you have sounds really interesting. I can't wait to see how she turns out!

Gwendles - Welcome to the Poppet-a-Long! Beware: they're bewitching!

First, my puppy is all done and posted in his own post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=270692.0

I have to admit, the fleece took me by surprise. It was perfectly right for his look, but because I cut it with the stretch "long," once he was stuffed his limbs were long and lanky. I also had made his feet bigger than usual on purpose, but again, with the stretch, they turned out hyoooge. He is cute though. And all his quirks do add to his overall individuality for sure. And my husband is kind of smitten. Hee.

And for a few shots not included in his thread:
A good look at his cute widdle face

And full frontal (the toddler friendly kind)

I already have Poppet #3 begging to be made, but I'm waiting for eyes to arrive. I'm going to attempt Craftewoman's Elinore pattern in order to make Yoruichi from Bleach. Heeee.

Speaking of Bleach, wasn't there rumors of an Ichigo in the works at one point? Whatever happened with that?

And Howl? The teasers had me squealing (love the painted eyes). Is he finished? Clothed?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008 09:25:48 PM by jolliebell » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7711 on: September 26, 2008 06:07:15 PM »

OMG I love his face! He's so adorable!

I have poppet #2 in the works - a friend for Autumn Fae! A winter poppet (I'm doing the 4 seasons) but I think I'm gonna make 3 poppets for Christmas presents - one for my boyfriend of his World of Warcraft lvl 70 main, a faerie or clown for my sister and something for my mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7712 on: September 26, 2008 07:59:30 PM »

ooh, he's so cute! the paws are great, the eyelids too. and the kitty collar? a scream! ha ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #7713 on: September 26, 2008 08:29:18 PM »

I love the puppy! He's so cute! the blue satin in his ears is super! Oh don't worry about him not getting attention now. He'll get it when the new toys batteries are dead. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #7714 on: September 26, 2008 09:20:25 PM »

ooh, he's so cute! the paws are great, the eyelids too. and the kitty collar? a scream! ha ha!

Yeah I thought the kitty collar was great too! Nice touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
jolliebell
« Reply #7715 on: September 26, 2008 09:33:03 PM »

Ha, thanks, everyone! I tickled myself with the kitty collar, too.  Roll Eyes  I put it around his little neck and took him into my husband and said, "I'm funny."  Cheesy  Who doesn't enjoy the irony of a Chesire-cat dog collar?

I'm not too broken up about the poppet not being the baby's favorite. It's possible a part of me was even a little worried he might be. Who knows how quickly puppy limbs would start disappearing into toy boxes or seams start popping or other issues I worry about if he were? Gentle loving is fine by me. Right at this moment, the puppy is laying on his pillow with one of the baby's security blankets covering him up. Nice.

I'm happy everyone likes him though! He's such a happy-go-lucky little fella, he deserves the attention, I think. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #7716 on: September 26, 2008 09:39:58 PM »

My son played with his for a minute, set it aside for a good while, and went back when he wasn't feeling well.  He likes to bring it on trips and things like that.   He seems to know that it was made just for him and loves it in a different way than all of the noisy distractions....I mean presents that he gets store-bought. 

I love that puppy and his feet...if he grows into them, we'll all be in trouble!  Okay I couldn't resist  that little joke.  But he is so well made, the colors are perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
teachingjonah
« Reply #7717 on: September 27, 2008 10:42:52 AM »

That puppy is really cute!  I love the satin ears.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Android raptor
« Reply #7718 on: September 28, 2008 07:54:48 AM »

I'm currently working on my 5th (3rd to keep) poppet. Her body will be my first use of the Elenore pattern, or at least my guesstimation of the pattern since I dunno if Craftewoman's been online and hence haven't received the real pattern. Unfortunately, I set her arms waaay to far back and can't fix it yet because my needle broke! And her boobies turned out a bit too big. Shocked But other than that, I think she's turning out pretty good for my skill level.

Here she is waiting for her hair to dry. She's going to be another Shinigami (Ku's superior to be specific). She's supposed to be a bit raptor-like, but I'm waiting for the glue on the pleater I doubled over to dry to give her some claws. She's also going to have small, feathered wings that will have extensions (so they can get larger, like Ryuk's wings from Death Note). I can't wait to finish her! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7719 on: September 28, 2008 07:56:35 AM »

ZOMG.  You have made Dolly Parton Poppet.  Seriously, those knockers are giant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Frog
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Queen
How to Design a Cartoon Monkey
How to Illustrate a Cartoon House
How to Sketch Snoopy
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...