A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,748
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1553937 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: July 15, 2008 09:27:05 PM »

Those boy bits comment are funny. xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimi
Domestic Apprentice

Learning the art of thrifty creativity!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7161 on: July 15, 2008 09:58:06 PM »

Give in to craft, Once you start on it's path, Forever will you be ensnared by the chains of yarn, the bars soap, the balls of batting...Your blood will flow dyes, resins, and etching acid...Your hands long for a hook or needle to aimlessly make ANYTHING.  Your everyday will feed the addiction of I make that MYSELF!
**mwhahahahaha!
Totally quoting this on my blog. *lol*

Random poppet-snippet: I took a bald Poppet to Michael's with me today to find a hair color that wasn't so glaring against the subtle brown skintone (was using bright orange/red/yellow, not quite the effect I hoped for) and got some interesting looks. I accidentally put the doll down on the register counter with the yarn I bought and the saleslady gave me this odd look and said "Uh, that's not ours..." I just had to giggle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's inspiration everywhere!
Crafting for my sons, 5 and 3, and just about anyone else I meet!
My Wists
My Ravelry
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7162 on: July 15, 2008 10:31:06 PM »

Don't forget that awful compulsion to make everyone's gifts, because they can't get it anywhere else. I spent 5 hours hand sewing a top hat for a five year old boy one time, just because I had to make it! He would probably would have been just as happy with a $10 toy. LOL! You should have seen his mother's face. She was so impressed, and she told me later that he slept in it, so I guess it was a hit after all!
Oh, there was a magician's cape too.
Doll making has grabbed me like no other craft I've ever done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #7163 on: July 15, 2008 10:38:13 PM »

*slaps forehead* How could I forget the Gifting Smiley ....Oh I know, my poor feeble mind is trying not to overwhelm itself with all the gifts I feel I MUST make, because nothing else will do. Roll Eyes  Such as the applique flame quilt I am making for my brother the firefighter....... Or make leather booties for newborns.....Or make a poppet that is personalized for every person I have ever met... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: July 15, 2008 11:01:22 PM »

Random poppet-snippet: I took a bald Poppet to Michael's with me today to find a hair color that wasn't so glaring against the subtle brown skintone (was using bright orange/red/yellow, not quite the effect I hoped for) and got some interesting looks. I accidentally put the doll down on the register counter with the yarn I bought and the saleslady gave me this odd look and said "Uh, that's not ours..." I just had to giggle.

I did the same thing yesterday! I was a Michael's and pulled out a naked Eleanore poppet and got some very strange looks. It was was even funnier because I picked up some yarn that I liked that was really expensive and then I walked a little bit more and shrieked "THAT'S QUINN'S HAIR!" It wasn't as loud as the caps imply but the lady standing next to me was giving me a look like ...that's not hair, it's yarn.

But I was really happy because I'd never seen that yarn before, I usually pick up yarn at AC Moore because they have a lot of sales and clearance.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008 11:05:43 PM by Seraphina_de_Sangre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
i3utterfly

Away With The Fairies

View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: July 16, 2008 05:40:04 AM »

I've received the pattern *yay*

but... being a complete newbie to poppet making (and in fact working with any kind of pattern!) I was wondering if there was a tutorial as to how to put it together? or is it just supposed to be common sense *embarresed*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* i3utterfly *
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7166 on: July 16, 2008 06:18:36 AM »

It should have come with instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: July 16, 2008 06:37:10 AM »

Yeah...

The instructions are pretty easy to follow. Not foolproof but easy enough.

Just read through it a couple times first.

This was the first time I have ever made any sort of doll at all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #7168 on: July 16, 2008 06:44:00 AM »

I've received the pattern *yay*

but... being a complete newbie to poppet making (and in fact working with any kind of pattern!) I was wondering if there was a tutorial as to how to put it together? or is it just supposed to be common sense *embarresed*
I do plan to make picture instructions for Ghilie when I make my next one. Which if all goes well will be this week for the Friends of Craftster Raffle Swap. But we shall have to see how that goes.  They should come with instructions. I recomend reading the directions a few times first, they won't make too much sense till you are actually making the poppet but its helpful.
Then take the process one step at a time and follow the directions. Once you've made 1 or two you will have it down and won't even need the directions anymore. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i3utterfly

Away With The Fairies

View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: July 16, 2008 06:58:06 AM »

Oh i see, yeah, one of the files didn't open for me so that must of been the instructions... it was the "pretty_po.doc" one (or something similar)

I have emailed Ghilie and told her, but it might not be something that she can fix - it's probably because i don't have Micosoft Word on my new PC...

hmm.. Sad

That picture instructions would be amazing Eliea, especially for simpletons like me Cheesy lol
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008 06:59:36 AM by i3utterfly - Reason: Spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged

* i3utterfly *
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Chibi Sakura Haruno from Naruto
How to Draw Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls
How to Draw Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls
How To Draw Yoroi From Naruto
How to Draw Kid Goku
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...