A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1409872 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5470 on: April 13, 2008 08:21:27 PM »

Guess what Ladies (and gents)Huh!!!!!!

IM PREGNANT!!!!
Sooo, wasn't there something about a studio ghibli room?
Hahahahaha. Congrats! Join the Prego club.
I guess all it took was the other half of the baby making machine to be home!
To explain to everyone else here. Those are her words not mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nevermore
« Reply #5471 on: April 13, 2008 08:28:35 PM »

Congrats MK!

*runs and hides from Craftster baby-creating water*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy Shop - http://www.nevermore.etsy.com
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #5472 on: April 13, 2008 08:29:30 PM »

craftewoman - the dalmation doggie is very sweet. Is she staying at your house or is she being adopted out? She needs her own thread so we can "Rock the Vote" for her. I think Dolly would be a good name if she needs one. Or Spot. Or Spottie

Her name is Dottie. She doesn't have a home picked out yet. I will be posting her on another site to be announced, and maybe someone there will "adopt her."
She still needs clothes. That's why I haven't posted her in the toys thread. I'm thinking she's a 50's kinda gal.
I'm also working on modifying the poppet pattern into a frog. I've looked at some patterns for frog faces, and I'm not impressed. I just have to wrap my mind around the 3-D issue. I've got the hands and feet figured out. they'll be done the same way as the fins on the sea-maid.I found the most wonderful buck suede/new suede (I'm not sure) shirts at the thrift store this weekend that I can't wait to upcycle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ekioart
Queen of Procrastination

Working on it....No Really, I am......sorta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5473 on: April 13, 2008 08:32:49 PM »

Congrats MK!!!!

Ok, so wheres that water? Because I want to sit on the other side of the room. *chuckles*

Eliea, I'd go with a thin yarn or embroidery floss for that beard/mustache combo. You wouldn't have to do embroidery with it, just stitch in one end like they do for whiskers on cat stuffies *a knot on the inside* and trim to length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm bringing sexy back, I think I dropped it somewhere between the donut shop and the Cheesecake Factory.

My etsy shop
http://Ekioart.etsy.com
My Wists!
http://www.wists.com/Ekioart
I blather on about stuff here.
http://ekioart.blogspot.com/
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5474 on: April 13, 2008 08:54:56 PM »

craftewoman - the dalmation doggie is very sweet. Is she staying at your house or is she being adopted out? She needs her own thread so we can "Rock the Vote" for her. I think Dolly would be a good name if she needs one. Or Spot. Or Spottie

MK - guess you enjoyed your vacation... Congrats!

Eliea - I think they make stuff for doll beards but I think it's usually for Santa. Maybe it can be dyed. There are some yarns that you could overcast stitch down then trim. What color? I might have some black. I look later. My computers been overheating today. It was 87 yesterday and pretty hot today as well. Guess I need to see if the AC still works. OK you just posted the pic while I was typing this. I think you could you some yarn and just stitch it down. Not embroidery and not weft. Follow?

I did my bride but I didn't get the tux yet for the groom. My leg still hurts too much. And I really need to tame the weeds before my house disappears in them...

Lol I'm fast what can I say? I think I know what you mean. Isn't that still technically a embroidery stitch? Either way I think you're right and that would be the best method to use. His hair is dark brown almost black. I Think a thin yarn like a baby or sport weight would work. Now I have to see if red heart sells a sport weight in that color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5475 on: April 13, 2008 09:04:00 PM »

Congrats MK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5476 on: April 13, 2008 09:07:54 PM »

Her name is Dottie. She doesn't have a home picked out yet. I will be posting her on another site to be announced, and maybe someone there will "adopt her."
She still needs clothes. That's why I haven't posted her in the toys thread. I'm thinking she's a 50's kinda gal.
I'm also working on modifying the poppet pattern into a frog. I've looked at some patterns for frog faces, and I'm not impressed. I just have to wrap my mind around the 3-D issue. I've got the hands and feet figured out. they'll be done the same way as the fins on the sea-maid.I found the most wonderful buck suede/new suede (I'm not sure) shirts at the thrift store this weekend that I can't wait to upcycle!
I guess you could make Dottie a poodle skirt then with a cashmere twin set and some saddle shoes. lol Don't forget the scarf.

Eliea, I have some Patons Allure that I bought at JoAnns that I'm going to use for hair that is BLACK. I pretty sure I saw it at Michaels yesterday. It has a core structure with some curly and some long straight fibers. Interesting stuff. Check it out. And yeah you're right, it's been a long time since I've thought about embroidery, but I guess it'd be called the couch stitch.

I've forgotten the ID of the person that posted the brown poppet w/o the name. I think Annie might be good. She is wide eyed like little orphan Annie, minus the red hair.  Maybe if you put her on the other side of the window there will be more light on her and I will be able to see her face better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: April 13, 2008 09:28:06 PM »

As I am only 18 and a freshman in college I do hope that the pregnancy mojo on this board is not contagious...but:

CONGRATS MK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

« Reply #5478 on: April 13, 2008 09:35:35 PM »

Man you couldn't  PAY me to drink the water here! LOL

Congratulations MK! I guess making gorgeous poppets isn't enough for you ladies, you have to make pretty babies (cause you know a Craftster's baby will be!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5479 on: April 13, 2008 10:04:42 PM »

Yeah don't drink water. Drink beer! Unless you're 18 and in college because I understand that can cause babies too. Maybe, drink milk and fruit juice that should be safe. But costlier...

On another note... I was at my favorite $tore yesterday and they had some fishnet stockings. A suede headband eyelet style it's the same color as Chantilly so I'll dress another poppet w/ it. A Vellux baby blanket. As a blanket I think that stuff is worthless but it should make an interesting poppet or two. No eyelashes. Maybe later this week.

I turned Buffy loose for his exercise and he disappeared into the abyss, came out an hour later jumped up in my lap when I wasn't looking, and again into the abyss. It's been two hours and I want to eat my dinner, take my pain pills and go to bed. Buffy where are you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn to Play Basic Card Games
How to Play I Want To Hold on a Guitar
How to Play Let It Be on a Guitar
How to Play Michelle on a Guitar
How to Play Louie Louie on a Guitar
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...