A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1342930 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Babyangel
Photographer, mommy, late night crafter

I made the BEST OF 2007 with my love letter box!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4620 on: March 17, 2008 02:14:58 PM »

craftewoman!!! I LOVE the strawberry poppet! youre so good! and I love the new avatar too  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4621 on: March 17, 2008 02:44:13 PM »

love the flux of new poppets!!
has anyone found that lolita dress pattern very difficult? I want to attempt it for Cleo, who needs a special dress to wear on easter morning  Wink my clothing pattern skills are not great, so any advice would be appreciated!

It's not difficult - it just needs a bit of modification.  It's made for a BJD, which has boobs.  So it really needs to be taken in around the chest area, and of course the bodice is a bit too long.  But it's really pretty simple, especially if you have made people clothes before.
You could do the same style dress with the one in my pattern set that has no sleeves. You just wouldn't have the line the bodice, and use the puff sleeves from the sleeves page. Then, you just add all the same trim. That's what I did for the dress that I copied off of Ghilie that Mizuki is wearing. I'll look for the pic, so that you can see.

All of this talk about Wal-mart phasing out their fabrics department has me wondering why y'all are so upset. Do you not have other fabric shops in your part of town? Wal-mart has gotten into doing so many things, oil changes, grocery items, plus all the stuff they did before. Maybe they don't think they're making enough money off of the craft departments. There is a petition to sign. You could e-mail it to all your crafty friends. When I talk to most of the people who work in that department, they hate it because when inventory time comes around, it's HELL! Maybe this another reason why the powers that be have decided to get rid of it. It's too difficult to keep track of the yard goods and they have to special train people how to cut fabric and use the telzon to make a ticket for it. I get frustraited when I'm there to buy fabric, and no one knows how to do it.
 On the other hand I'll admit that it's nice to stop by and browse the shelves for fabric to inspire me when I'm out doing the grocery shopping. Maybe there will be less impulse buys this way.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008 03:06:51 PM by craftewoman » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4622 on: March 17, 2008 03:16:49 PM »

nope, nowhere else to buy anything crafty near me and even malwart is a hike into the next town. there used to be other places but the big giant came along and forced them all out of business and now they are gone and soon there will be nothing crafty anywhere at all but fall-apart crap at the dollar store. i am sad.

i do score a lot of my craft supplies at the thrift shops, i am not above re-purposing any and everything (didja see the old boots i cut up for a key chain?) but this is granny land and there not being a craft or fabric store anywhere near here is amazing to me. wow.

so i have an idea for a poppet, the first to really inspire me in a while. i bought a couple of things i need for her but i don't know when i can get started. i have to unpack from our trip and somehow we've managed to destroy the house in the two days since we got back. how does that happen anyhow?

oh, and the baby is nearly standing on her own now too so i have got my hands FULL!
seems like she just learn to crawl, whoa...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #4623 on: March 17, 2008 03:32:13 PM »

I know what you mean about pulling the house apart in one day. That happens everyday for us. The more people you have in a house the more that happens.
I'm sorry you have nothing else near you. DH wants to retire to a nice quaint town in the boonies. I've told him that it's not gonna happen! Cheesy
Just for the reasons that you've outlined!
I love upcycling stuff from the thrift stores too. It's cheaper to buy an item of clothing for $4 and strip it of it's notions. You get a ton of fabric that way for cheap!
Well, what I've loved about this craft along is that people will send you stuff for free, and trade with you. That is awesome!!!!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SENT ME STUFF! I'm feeling the LOVE!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #4624 on: March 17, 2008 03:34:38 PM »

I do the same thing. Smiley I love to buy shirts to take apart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panda
« Reply #4625 on: March 17, 2008 03:44:08 PM »

Oh Everyone I just wanted to share this with you....I sent zombiekilla some poppet supplies and this is what she sent me. It was a wonderful surprise to come home and find the mail lady left this for me.

It is a painted
panda box and 3 panda magnets

Zombie thank you so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #4626 on: March 17, 2008 03:48:39 PM »

SEE WHAT I MEAN? AWESOME POPPETEERS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4627 on: March 17, 2008 03:58:26 PM »

oh, no kidding. i have received the most wonderful things in the mail from other poppeters, seriously, i'm feeling the LOVE man. swapping in this thread has been terrific, if i can't find something someone here has nearly always been kind enough to send me some, it's awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #4628 on: March 17, 2008 04:30:56 PM »

I would never have started poppetting if it hadn't been for Clonedbrovo sending me some alova! People are great. All I have is a walmart and one small quilting shop. They only carry quilting supplies so if I need some great cotton for clothes it is great, but the other fabric and notions I need are 2 hours away in the next town or an order on the web. It sucks! Our walmart is also slowly getting rid of it's craft supplies. A couple months ago they got rid of all the embroidery stuff  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imnotasuperhero

you know i'm not a super hero...

View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: March 17, 2008 05:26:30 PM »

I've got my whole body together, its so exciting to see it taking shape.  I'd still be working on it if my little didn't need to get to sleep(just call me the human binky!).  I can't wait to get the head together, it would be set if I hadn't put the ears in backwards, oops! And I just realized I spaced on the tail. Tongue
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008 05:27:16 PM by imnotasuperhero » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for clear safety eyes (15mm or 18mm)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Paneer Cheese
How to Cook Garam Masala
How to Cook Palak Paneer
Herman Helmers Bakery Nepal
Swordfish at TAO with Chef John Villa
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...