A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1521961 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3400 on: February 25, 2008 04:01:59 PM »

Here's Peppermint Mocha!

Her page is here... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229940.0 and soon to be in the I <3 coffee/tea/cocoa swap gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
wtpdesigns
« Reply #3401 on: February 25, 2008 04:24:33 PM »

mmmkay, so i've been off on a 4 day internet quest/mission lol to find stuff for poppets/dolls, some of my dollie/stuffie supplies are way old/borrowed/broken/in need of replacement... so i figured i could share some of the info i found/had in favs with yous guys lol... i hope none of the stuff i'm sharing is taboo, if so lemme know and i'll edit my post... ok, for pretty much anything you could ever want/need to make a poppet or any doll really (with the exception of oddly colored body fabric) it's quite literally one stop shopping EXCEPT the style eyes that most are using and wild colored yarn for hair or fiberfill... they sell other kinda eyes, stuffing and hair though... they have freezer paper, joints, body fabric, wings, face paint, needles (and a nifty needle puller thingy i think we all must get lol), thread, a hair loom (so you don't hafta use a book), jointing thread (instead of dental floss), joints or metal shank buttons, etc etc etc... you can find theme here http://sistersanddaughters.com/index1.html

also, on ebay syfabrics has alova suede and most if not all of the fabrics being used for the making of poppets, and they also have their own website with more nifty stuff, like a 10+ yard alova assortment pack! *squeal* http://www.syfabrics.com/mojocart/dispcategory.cfm?cat_id=80 they are otherwise $4.99 a yard and you can get a price break if you buy 5 or more yards (it just has to be of the same fabric and color, like you can't get one of each color) if you want another kinda fabric from them, you can shop by category here http://www.syfabrics.com/content/shopbycategory.cfm

aaaaaaaaaaaand lol that's all folks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
http://www.myspace.com/wtpdesigns
Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

« Reply #3402 on: February 25, 2008 04:27:11 PM »

OOOOH! Rockstarmom! She looks like she smells like chocolate mint!!! I LOVE her!!!

So the Poppet I WAS going to do got messed up. So instead of throwing away or abandoning it, I have decided last minute to turn it into something else!!! I should have pics of head on a stick before the night is over!

P.S. I still plan on making original idea.... just after this one Wink
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 04:28:02 PM by Malibukasey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

« Reply #3403 on: February 25, 2008 04:30:11 PM »

OOOOH! Rockstarmom! She looks like she smells like chocolate mint!!! I LOVE her!!!

Funny! I was trying to figure out how to make her smell like a peppermint mocha coffee and never figured it out, so she is scentless. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

« Reply #3404 on: February 25, 2008 04:39:56 PM »

Put her in a giant bag of peppermint candies, seal and let out all the air and leave her in there for a few days!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: February 25, 2008 04:51:13 PM »

Great shoe tutorial and fishnet tutorial! It's amazing! :0

I'm home now and saw your Poppet. She's too cute! ^^ Love 'er. And I love Peppermint Mocha!! Amazing!

I'm so EXCITED about the prizes!! What the darn is in that mystery box?! x)

I LOVE being on the Poppeteers list! The patterns and stuff make me so excited. x3 By the way, if anyone has any extra ribbon, even just super short lengths, let me know! I need some for the outfit I'm making for the contest. I still want to participate if I can get it done in time..

Thanks for the links! Those are awesome!

I am at my dad's house so no Poppet making for me now. But I had an after school activity (I was there whenever I posted last), and one of the teachers there to help run the activity, the German teacher (who's really cool!), thought the Poppets were so cool! I jsut couldn't show her the entire lot of cool Poppets because of all the blocks on the computer. =/ She saw some of the Poppets though and thought they were ADORABLE! I'm going to email her (almost forgot) and give her the link to Craftster. Then she's going to join and I'll give her the link to the Poppet-Along thread. She wants to make one real bad now! HURRAY!

That was a mouthful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #3406 on: February 25, 2008 05:00:05 PM »

I have ribbons testingtime. But I have a few specific colors. And they are the thinner kind. I think I have pink, purple, and baby blue. I can double check...

I finally know what I'm going to do for the contest!
Off to decide for sure...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: February 25, 2008 05:06:34 PM »

Thin ribbon is fine! Ribbon of all sizes are welcome to me. Well, except for thick 1-2 inch thick ribbon. I'd love to have some blue and purple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

« Reply #3408 on: February 25, 2008 05:24:06 PM »

Put her in a giant bag of peppermint candies, seal and let out all the air and leave her in there for a few days!!!
DAMNIT! I wish I would have thought of that! Oh well, she is at her new home and the gal I swapped her with is loving her. Grin Now she must learn to sew so she can make her more clothes. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3409 on: February 25, 2008 05:28:04 PM »

i have pepper mint essential oil, a drop or two of that rubbed onto her hands and then patted into poppets hair would make her smell minty forever!
you can buy scents specifically for candles and lipbalm and such too, i have almond and it smells super yummy. mocha is out there i'm sure.
we could start doing scent themed poppets like strawberry shortcake and her crew, heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sonia Kashuk Highlighter Review
Beauty Products to Borrow from the Boys
VF MODELS: "TOP 100" - Gisele Zelauy
VF MODELS: "TOP 100" - Mariacarla Boscono
VF MODELS: "TOP 100" - Hana Soukupová
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...