A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1342872 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dragon*Fly

Not the only strange one on the internet.

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: February 08, 2008 08:08:10 AM »

My first poppet is a bit bigger than all the other poppets I've made also, and it looks like the patterns will fit her perfectly.  I don't know if it was a difference in the fabric (that one was slightly more stretchy than the others), or if I stuffed her a lot tighter, or a combination.   Huh  Can't wait to make some clothes, and I think a new poppet is coming soon!  It seems I can't go long without having to make another one. 

On another note, the poppet pattern has made my 13 year old daughter want to sew.  I made her a poppet a while ago, and she wants to make one herself now!  Of course, she doesn't know how to use the sewing machine...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2451 on: February 08, 2008 08:10:03 AM »

This may be a problem. The poppet I'm using for my model is not made of Alova suede. And you do know that the seam allowances are included, right?
What was it you printed out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2452 on: February 08, 2008 09:00:07 AM »

OOOOOOOH You guys!!!! This is goign to be the hardest thing! This is going to be the hardest doll I have ever had to give up!!!! Yeah, my partner already knows she is getting a Poppet! But as far as the details and theme is a suprise!!! She is sooooooooooo........*sigh.... beautiful! She told me her name. And it is temporary until Always Inspired gives her a more suitable name. But she totally looks like the name she spoke to me! Would it be giving away tooo much to tell you guys her temporary name? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #2453 on: February 08, 2008 09:30:49 AM »

Sophia is so pretty. I love her hair and the outfit.

Craftewoman or anyone that has make some of her patterns.

When you print them out, if you "fit to page" are they the right size for do you have to adjust the pattern size?

I have the swap fabric picked out and I'm ready to make it, I'm just a bit afraid I'm going to make it and then not fit! Tongue
Yes, fit to page is the right size.
Really? I've been printing them set on "actual size from dpi" And they work great. A bit snug if I sew to far in. But thats my own fault! lol. I have issues sewing straight lines if I"m not careful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #2454 on: February 08, 2008 09:33:52 AM »

Sophia is so pretty. I love her hair and the outfit.

Craftewoman or anyone that has make some of her patterns.

When you print them out, if you "fit to page" are they the right size for do you have to adjust the pattern size?

I have the swap fabric picked out and I'm ready to make it, I'm just a bit afraid I'm going to make it and then not fit! Tongue
Yes, fit to page is the right size.
Really? I've been printing them set on "actual size from dpi" And they work great. A bit snug if I sew to far in. But thats my own fault! lol. I have issues sewing straight lines if I"m not careful.
Yes, okay. That sounds right. most of them are done on a piece of copy paper. I guess there are some that don't quite fill the space though. Maybe that's one that you would not want to do fit to page. I don't remember which ones those are, so just do like Eliea says.

MK, don't ruin the surprise! We'll see her soon enough.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008 09:34:58 AM by craftewoman » THIS ROCKS   Logged

faerieflings

What? Lame? Never...

« Reply #2455 on: February 08, 2008 09:40:55 AM »

Everybody, meet Bunny (who is not a rabbit, but is a standard poppet; she's just Bunny).

Here is her post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=226229.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait, where did those come from?  I swear I didn't go to the craft store, honest!

Let the baby crafting commence!  Cheesy
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #2456 on: February 08, 2008 09:52:23 AM »

I've got the jeans pattern figured out. They look awesome. The only problem is there's umpteen pieces, and I'm not sure if I can explain how the all go together.
I guess I'll just do my best. Do you think that if you looked at a pair of jeans, with all of the pieces in front of you, you could figure it out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

« Reply #2457 on: February 08, 2008 09:55:21 AM »

This may be a problem. The poppet I'm using for my model is not made of Alova suede. And you do know that the seam allowances are included, right?

i printed the pants i had to cut about an inch from the top and 1/2" for the sides with 1/4" seam. my model is made with i think butter suede and tightly stuffed. well i guess if it doesnt fit my partner's poppet i could always make her one.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #2458 on: February 08, 2008 10:06:25 AM »

i printed the pants i had to cut about an inch from the top and 1/2" for the sides with 1/4" seam. my model is made with i think butter suede and tightly stuffed. well i guess if it doesnt fit my partner's poppet i could always make her one.   Wink
Depending on how wide your elastic is, the casing at the top would vary. Also the sides of the pants can be altered to different kinds of pants, from skinny, to wide leg, to flare leg. they can also be used to make shorts.
When I used the pants pattern to make capris, the extra on the top was useful for allowing for a ruffle around the waist. I think your poppet is probably the same as everyone elses. The only concern I have for the clothes, is if the altered foot style will fit inside the tighter pants legs. This is why the pants are cut a little more generous on the outside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #2459 on: February 08, 2008 10:12:07 AM »

I got a ton of measure ments for my partners poppet so Icould adjsut the finished item/ pattern to make sure it fits.
I'd be happy to list the things you'd need to know:
  • Entire poppet length Head to toe
  • Tail height from center of crotch
  • Hips
(measure around)
  • Shoulders
(measure around)
  • Lenth of torso
  • Arm length
  • Leg from ankle to waist
  • waist
  • Thigh to ankle
  • Base of neck to waist

Then make one version of the clothing out of an inexpensive fabric to see how it looks. Measure the parts you are worried about. For example: hips and length for pants. Hem the bottom up to make the length correct.
check the waist and see if it's wide enough. Add seam allowance as needed to the real version.
You do the same sort of thing for any other pattern.
So far I can pretty much guarantee my partners clothing will fit. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Stripes in Tie Dye
How to Create a Rainbow in Tie Dye
How to Tie Dye a Blue Garment
How to Create Tie Dye Effects on Sweatshirts
How to Tie Dye Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...