A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 311,447
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1550576 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soxymoron
« Reply #9680 on: June 25, 2009 10:41:23 PM »

I'm making a Link poppet right now, too! He's angry because he's still naked . . .

I can't wait to see how that turns out! How are you going to do the leggings?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelcallie
Fabric Addict

It is a truth universally acknowledged . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9681 on: June 26, 2009 12:49:37 AM »

I'm making a Link poppet right now, too! He's angry because he's still naked . . .

I can't wait to see how that turns out! How are you going to do the leggings?
I have decided to kinda cheat on making the leggings. I'm making them out of jersey to give them the right look, but jersey really gums up the joints and makes them impossible to move, so I am basically making a little pair of underwear (ahahahah! can't let Link go commando) and a pair of something like thigh-highs to cover his legs. That way he still has his "leggings" and can also still move his legs.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009 08:59:44 AM by angelcallie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9682 on: June 26, 2009 07:55:30 AM »

I make a wig base for the hair like a hat that I crochet and then I sort of latch hook it to the hat wig and then my poppet has hair. I prefer this to wefting. I just cant seem to get it to do what I want it to. 

I have done that a few times too. I liked the first one but I didn't feel the "knots" at the base were tight enough. The second wig I didn't like at all but my sister is ok with it so I guess it's all right.
What part of doing the wefting doesn't co-operate? Is it the placement of the weft? Making the wefts? I"d be happy to offer advice on that as I'm sure many others would too.
I'd love to hear how your wigs came out too! Part of being in the poppet a long is sharing tips and tricks we like to learn from each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #9683 on: June 26, 2009 08:02:34 AM »

I make a wig base for the hair like a hat that I crochet and then I sort of latch hook it to the hat wig and then my poppet has hair. I prefer this to wefting. I just cant seem to get it to do what I want it to. 

I'd love to hear how your wigs came out too! Part of being in the poppet a long is sharing tips and tricks we like to learn from each other.

I am scared to death to run wefts through my cheap machine. LOL, I don't crochet but did a wig and latch hooked the hair. I have a few spots to fill in, but what poppet needs just one color of hair?  I may go back to those dollar tree ties. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9684 on: June 26, 2009 09:12:24 AM »

I am scared to death to run wefts through my cheap machine. LOL, I don't crochet but did a wig and latch hooked the hair. I have a few spots to fill in, but what poppet needs just one color of hair?  I may go back to those dollar tree ties. LOL

I did all my wefts except for the 3-4 most recent dolls on a cheapo machine. The paper protects the machine and it's not a problem for it at all. yarn is actually thinner than most fabric. Even though it feels thick.
But I know how you feel! I was scared to make poppets on my machine at first till I learned that one of the other poppeters (I think it was clonedbravo) had the same machine I do and it worked just fine.
You know if you guys are really frightened by the wefts going through your machine I bet you could get someone to weft some for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ClonedBravo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My 3 guys are gonna be joined by a baby in March!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9685 on: June 26, 2009 11:05:47 AM »

I'm sooo hard on my machine! I put the poor thing thru hell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss you Gramma! Jo Saunders, 5/20/1931- 10/11/2012

I've wisted stuff!!  http://www.wists.com/clonedbravo
Just like the Gypsy woman said!
Check out my ETSY, please! http://www.etsy.com/people/prancingdragon
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9686 on: June 26, 2009 06:41:59 PM »

I just dont think I make the wefts properly. I dont know if I used the wrong paper or the wrong amount of yarn or what but they just didnt look right to me. I am kinda wierd cause I dont like the idea of having any skin showing through the hair. I dont know I would like to try again but I am scared Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9687 on: June 26, 2009 08:00:04 PM »

I will after I test it to see if it works! Smiley If it does I plan to post a tut. Can you weft the hair? Make the strips on the machine to stitch to the Head? I've been meaning to take pictures to shoe how I do that too....
Yeah, I make the wefts and attach them-it's probably just me. I just never seem to like how my hair turns out. If I put on too few, there are bald spots, but if I put too many it just gets really bulky. I've never found a good middle ground.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9688 on: June 27, 2009 09:46:08 AM »

I just dont think I make the wefts properly. I dont know if I used the wrong paper or the wrong amount of yarn or what but they just didnt look right to me. I am kinda wierd cause I dont like the idea of having any skin showing through the hair. I dont know I would like to try again but I am scared Undecided
I will after I test it to see if it works! Smiley If it does I plan to post a tut. Can you weft the hair? Make the strips on the machine to stitch to the Head? I've been meaning to take pictures to shoe how I do that too....
Yeah, I make the wefts and attach them-it's probably just me. I just never seem to like how my hair turns out. If I put on too few, there are bald spots, but if I put too many it just gets really bulky. I've never found a good middle ground.

Ok I'm writing up a quickie picture tut now I'll re-post when I get it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9689 on: June 27, 2009 05:41:35 PM »

Ok the poppet hair tut:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310923
I hope it helps some. I do not tell you how to make wefts but I linked the way I do it at the beginning of the post. I also put up some tips and tricks and how  I position the wefts. There's about 8 pictures.
If something isn't really clear feel free to let me know I'll try to describe better or take more pics. Mr clone trooper is still temporarily bald. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Photographing Children
How to Shoot Amazing Pictures Under and Above Water
Bacon Alphabet by Henry Hargreaves
Toasted by Henry Hargreaves
How to Save on a Digital Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...