A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,334
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1494120 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9640 on: June 20, 2009 11:38:07 AM »

OK, downloaded 9.1 and the print options are the same.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
littlezo

zoe is my name and crafting is my game ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9641 on: June 20, 2009 12:11:38 PM »

no i dont have accses to one Sad hurm i guess i cant do it then

I pm'ed you as I reduced one 70% and answer that pm and I will send it to you ready to print.

thank you so much loves clutter i really appreciate it!  Smiley
Ok, I've been reading this on my phone and the software question didn't make a lick of sense to me, so I came to my computer to look at it.  Cheesy 
First off, I've had this issue myself a few times and I've fixed it a variety of ways. (Gotta love the computer, eh?)
The first thing that I would reccomend would be making sure that you have the most updated version of Adobe.  That has fixed it about 3 times for me. 
Second, often times, when the item to be printed opens, you're printer window will open, and there is usually an option there that has to do with sizing.

What kind of printer are you using?

its a fairly old printer so thats what i think it is but thank you all so much x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may be interested in a personal swap pm if you would like to discuss it

http://www.wists.com/minimaker95

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minimaker/
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9642 on: June 20, 2009 01:46:41 PM »

I was going to comment on using something other than floss to joint with. My first poppet I used upholstery thread. I didn't joint her tight enough to begin with  but her jointing and "looseness" is exactly as it was when I made her.
The others I've found nearly impossible to get tight enough. At least at the hips. I can get the arms nice and tight now.
But the hips seem to loosen up in just getting them dressed the first time and taking a few pictures. So I probably wouldn't recommend using anything any MORE stretchy than the dental floss. I wonder if embroidery floss would work or some other thin natural fiber.
Something that stretches only so much. I have some crochet cotton thread that might work. I'll have to try it and see. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9643 on: June 20, 2009 02:33:22 PM »

I was going to comment on using something other than floss to joint with. My first poppet I used upholstery thread. I didn't joint her tight enough to begin with  but her jointing and "looseness" is exactly as it was when I made her.
The others I've found nearly impossible to get tight enough. At least at the hips. I can get the arms nice and tight now.
But the hips seem to loosen up in just getting them dressed the first time and taking a few pictures. So I probably wouldn't recommend using anything any MORE stretchy than the dental floss. I wonder if embroidery floss would work or some other thin natural fiber.
Something that stretches only so much. I have some crochet cotton thread that might work. I'll have to try it and see. Smiley

Whenever I joint, I always kinda "suck in" parts of the body, I think it kinda folds in itself, for example, I pull it so tight that the shoulder sticky outty/ hippy sticky outty area are no longer all that noticeable... I found that the last poppet I made, the jointing in the legs loosened quite a bit I think because I have never moved a poppet around, measured, and all that jazz so much for an outfit, and I always use non-flavoured floss...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: June 20, 2009 04:07:43 PM »

OMG, my Joann's is CLOSING!!!  Cry

This is the second one this year. The only one left near me is in Annapolis, almost 45 min way. I don't know what I'm going to do. I was able to get some pretty good deals but everything was still pretty expensive. I guess I'm going to have to order offline now *sigh* the economy is wreaking havoc with my craft life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
angelcallie
Fabric Addict

It is a truth universally acknowledged . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9645 on: June 20, 2009 04:21:43 PM »

OMG, my Joann's is CLOSING!!!  Cry

This is the second one this year. The only one left near me is in Annapolis, almost 45 min way. I don't know what I'm going to do. I was able to get some pretty good deals but everything was still pretty expensive. I guess I'm going to have to order offline now *sigh* the economy is wreaking havoc with my craft life.

That's horrifying! I don't know what I would do if my Joann's closed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9646 on: June 20, 2009 04:24:27 PM »

Whenever I joint, I always kinda "suck in" parts of the body, I think it kinda folds in itself, for example, I pull it so tight that the shoulder sticky outty/ hippy sticky outty area are no longer all that noticeable... I found that the last poppet I made, the jointing in the legs loosened quite a bit I think because I have never moved a poppet around, measured, and all that jazz so much for an outfit, and I always use non-flavoured floss...
I do that too. Though I find I don't like the shoulders much that way. I also sometimes accidentally joint to far forward or back on the hips. The "baby" poppets I did one of them was like that. And the fabric was so thin I couldn't fix it.
Oh my gosh I am loving this poppet I'm working on right now. She's so pretty! I want to make her a headband. Anyone know of a good crochet pattern for one? I want to weave a certain piece of ribbon though it so I need something fairly open. I may have to come up with a pattern myself if I can't find one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9647 on: June 21, 2009 05:17:27 PM »

*Horror* Your Joanns is closing!
So sorry.

I've used embroidery floss for jointing. It works as well as anything else. I didn't like the dental floss, too sticky. Upholstery thread was good, but I had to go and get it on a special trip. The thing that I found that works best for me, is the gold denim thread.
I've joined the mini poppet swap. After taking a break from poppets to do more challenging dolls, I'm ready to make a sweet little poppet boy for sewhappysue. I want to keep him a secret though, so I won't be posting in my doll WIPs thread. I curious to see what Ghilie makes this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan

Flowers in full bloom do not last forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9648 on: June 22, 2009 01:47:18 AM »

I am making a poppet whoot ! My first one with Ghilies pattern (thankyou sooo much !!)
So far I have 2 legs and 2 arms. I do have to needle joint the vingers and toes.
BUT I don't have the right buttons to insert for jointing. So I am going to dive into my (mums) closet to find a blouse with those buttons !
Or if anyone else has an other idea what I can use? Can't I use little rings (the ones you use to connect e.g. a bead on a bracelet.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #9649 on: June 22, 2009 05:12:41 AM »

I use clothes buttons all the time. I've exhausted all the shank buttons in the house. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nicole Richie Perfects NYC Cool in Fringe, Fur, and Leather
See How Vanessa Hudgens Does Casual Polish at the DVF Loves Roxy Event
Dukes Of Melrose Fashion Picks For Last "Meal"
#MyModamobStyle: Featured Reader @NatyBaby
How To Wear A Blazer Like The Stars
Latest Blog Articles
I Scream, You Scream...
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...