A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,649
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 1282
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1673386 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rasita
« Reply #9550 on: July 11, 2009 03:13:10 PM »

Yay to not being mundane. It is so boring!
I have considered taking Rose, a poppet I received, to church, and to the shops with me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9551 on: July 11, 2009 04:24:17 PM »

DragonessD- looking great so far!  Also, you sound awesome.  And I can relate.  People in my church group would always think I was weird because I took my knitting everywhere, played video games, and *gasp!* read Dracula of my own free will.
Hurray for us not being mundane! My church friends don't really get it either there are a few exceptions. But then I'm weird and tend to attract weird friends. I jsut wish one of them would take up poppeting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9552 on: July 11, 2009 05:28:23 PM »

DragonessD- looking great so far!  Also, you sound awesome.  And I can relate.  People in my church group would always think I was weird because I took my knitting everywhere, played video games, and *gasp!* read Dracula of my own free will.
Hurray for us not being mundane! My church friends don't really get it either there are a few exceptions. But then I'm weird and tend to attract weird friends. I jsut wish one of them would take up poppeting!

I just wish one of my friends would just take up crafting... Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #9553 on: July 11, 2009 05:35:25 PM »

Well, I am surprised you have not assimilated them, as you have all the rest of us. I'm making a gnome poppet for a WOW fan, wish me luck. I wish I could make them as well as you. My friends all love them and want one for Christmas.

I aspire to make a good atsuko baby boy. One day. Little bits are hard. My nephew likes them too. But he isn't ready to get behind the sewing machine.

<3

Terri
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: July 11, 2009 06:36:46 PM »

Have you looked into crafty-friends who live within easy driving distance? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog
Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #9555 on: July 11, 2009 09:32:37 PM »

My church friends are a bag of mixed nuts.  Even the semi-mundane have odd crafts/habits/quirks.  They love video games and a few play Warcraft.  <3 my oddball group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9556 on: July 12, 2009 08:07:09 AM »

Well, I am surprised you have not assimilated them, as you have all the rest of us. I'm making a gnome poppet for a WOW fan, wish me luck. I wish I could make them as well as you. My friends all love them and want one for Christmas.

I aspire to make a good atsuko baby boy. One day. Little bits are hard. My nephew likes them too. But he isn't ready to get behind the sewing machine.

<3

Terri

ah, but you guys are already on craftster and interested - it's not hard to assimilate you guys.  Like shooting fish in a barrel.   Grin  But them, they don't sew or care.  My one friend likes to garden, and I gave her a sewing machine but she doesn't obsess like I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
CartoonJunkie
Rock, Rock On!

Doodily doo ding dong doodily doodily doo

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9557 on: July 12, 2009 08:42:33 AM »

Me too Sad That's why I got into the craft swaps on here. I don't know anyone that is really into any kind of crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's something you don't see every day... one hopes." - Killface

My Wist
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #9558 on: July 12, 2009 09:13:52 AM »

ah, but you guys are already on craftster and interested - it's not hard to assimilate you guys.  Like shooting fish in a barrel.   Grin  But them, they don't sew or care.  My one friend likes to garden, and I gave her a sewing machine but she doesn't obsess like I do.

Ha ha, very funny. No really you are right. If your friend would just come on craftster I think we could get her hooked. I put it on every package I send out, and write the url for every sales craft person I talk to, and yard sale people. I obsess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9559 on: July 12, 2009 10:20:16 AM »

I know exactly what you mean. The mundanes are really clueless about un-mundane things. Speaking of mundanes I'm finally going to get the last book of The Mortal Instruments trilogy tomorrow!

OMGOODNESS! So un-poppet related... but have you finished it yet? I read it is a few hours because it was sooooo good... and then I went to Wal-Mart and bought all of the series for 30% off... yay!

My church friends didn't get it at all for the longest time, but then I made some popepts for our church silent auction and they did really well, got higher bids than anyone expected, and now everyone keeps asking me where I got the pattern from and how to make the dolls and whatnot... soI keep referring them to here.
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 1282 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Swan
How to Fold an Origami Heart
How to Fold an Origami Ninja Star
How to Fold Money into an Origami Shirt
How to Make an Origami Fish
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...