A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1342535 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9520 on: June 08, 2009 07:42:05 AM »

first let me sqweeeee- BUNNNYYYYY! Love her she's super sweet! I think I agree with always inspired jsut a tuft of hair would be cute! I'm thinking like bangs though.
Or I think she'd look cute with thin longer hair too.
I love her face. Smiley

ghanne- She's lovely from this picture I will have to go check her out on the toys board. I can tell you spent a lot of time on her. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9521 on: June 08, 2009 09:28:16 AM »

rasita, that bunny is ADORABLE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
littlezo

zoe is my name and crafting is my game ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9522 on: June 08, 2009 10:38:04 AM »

bunny is adorable i want her i dont get needle sculpting it onfuses me! Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may be interested in a personal swap pm if you would like to discuss it

http://www.wists.com/minimaker95

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minimaker/
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9523 on: June 08, 2009 12:34:16 PM »

A question for you all... while I am still trying to put together the courage for my first poppet, I am looking through the thread, and it's just too much. What would you guys say if I suggested an entire board for poppets? So there could be threads with names that indicate where to find which information. Maybe this has been discussed before, I didn't find anything. If you like the idea too, we could fill a suggestion thread on the suggestion board and see what the mods make from it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #9524 on: June 08, 2009 12:50:01 PM »

Ruby, I read every post. And tried it anyway. Please join us. Like Ghilie says you will be assimilated.

I like the idea for a separate board, but I doubt they will. But if you can't find answers post the questions here, and we have tons of poppet bookmarks to show you what you need to know. At least I know I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9525 on: June 08, 2009 01:20:00 PM »

A question for you all... while I am still trying to put together the courage for my first poppet, I am looking through the thread, and it's just too much. What would you guys say if I suggested an entire board for poppets? So there could be threads with names that indicate where to find which information. Maybe this has been discussed before, I didn't find anything. If you like the idea too, we could fill a suggestion thread on the suggestion board and see what the mods make from it.

That would be super awesome, but I agree with lovesclutter, I don't know if the mods would go for it. It would be entirely wonderful and make life easier for offering links and such though.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: June 08, 2009 02:36:01 PM »

That would be super awesome, but I agree with lovesclutter, I don't know if the mods would go for it. It would be entirely wonderful and make life easier for offering links and such though.

Smiley

This would be a cool idea, but I kind of like coming to one board instead of branching out to several.

The Long Awaited Poppet-Along is so named (I think) because the mods were kind of reluctant to give Poppets their own board & it took a while to convince them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
rasita
« Reply #9527 on: June 08, 2009 06:32:11 PM »

bunny is adorable i want her i dont get needle sculpting it onfuses me! Embarrassed
Needle sculpting confused me also, until I watched some very helpful videos on it. I think there is a link to the videos a couple of pages back. It is worth watching.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. I might even make one of these for the upcoming mini poppet swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KimD
« Reply #9528 on: June 08, 2009 07:01:58 PM »

I love the bunny.  I only hope when I get mine done it's as cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9529 on: June 08, 2009 07:43:40 PM »

hi ruby- what's got you confused or that you aren't understanding? If you have a specific question we have the answers and possibly 1-5 links with tutorials to help you out. What has you intimidated specifically?

I like the idea of a poppet board but I think they'd have to make it more broad like a dolls board rather than just poppets. For the same reason they won't do an amigurumi board becasue there are many crochet projects and amigurumi though popular just doens't get posted enough to warrant it's own board without breaking up the crochet forum even more into several smaller categories.

I bet once you try it you'll love making one. If you are having trouble getting your head around something specific we can definitely help. And we're happy to help ease fears on making your first one. Remember they always look a bit strange without hair, and that your first one will be special. It may be in the wonky sense or just in general but you'll love it just the same becasue it's yours and each one after that will get better.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009 07:44:46 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sugar Moisturizer for Your Hair
How to Make Your Hair Shine
Hair Color Products Recommendations
Dealing with an Oily Scalp
Beauty Post Blowdrying Tip
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...