A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1342681 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #9450 on: June 04, 2009 09:51:43 PM »

Yeah, the WalMart nearest my house has fabric and gets new stuff too. I think I heard that the decision was made for each WalMart if they were going to keep their department or not. Mine doesn't have a huge selection, but it'll do in a pinch Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: June 04, 2009 09:55:38 PM »

Most of the ones where I live still carry it too, but some have stopped. I believe that there was a big hullabaloo by us crafty people and WalMart decided to evaluate each stores fabric dept. and decided based on the numbers whether to keep it or not. I love Joann's for the coupons!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
aquasnow

Is taking a break from swaps for a while.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9452 on: June 04, 2009 09:59:16 PM »

I think walmart is gonna loose alot of business if they get rid of their craft section.  I heard that they was going to take out all crafts and not just fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am taking a break from swaps for a while.  I am not accepting any personal swaps at this time until around Christmas time.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9453 on: June 04, 2009 10:44:32 PM »

The super Walmarts around here don't have fabric, but I have a plain old walmart near me that carries fabric and a few craft supplies.  I prefer to go to Hancock or Hobby Lobby for my fabric, and I work at Michael's so I get my crafty stuff there.

I finally finished the poppet I was working on.  Her second head turned out much better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: June 05, 2009 04:26:20 AM »

Oh, and reprodepot.com has a scrap bag offering that is cool if you're doing clothes (or anything else that takes less than 1/2 of a yard) that's sold by weight. I like interesting fabric for most everything I do, and that's what they carry, vintage, imports and the like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #9455 on: June 05, 2009 06:07:56 AM »

Our walmart stopped carrying fabirc this winter. They still have some notions, scrapbooking stuff, a bit of yarn, and a few beads, but it isn't enough! We only have 1 other locally owned fabric store in town and NO craft stores! I have to drive 2 hours to get to the nearest Hobby Lobby! I catch other people going out of town to get me stuff.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9456 on: June 05, 2009 06:13:26 AM »

I wish we had a Jo-anns in Canada (just for the alova suede)... One of my local Wal-Marts does carry fabric, but not much and not very good quality, the other Wal-Mart doesn't. I hit up Fabricland everytime I go and they are always having major, major sales... So I always feel justified to spend more money because of the money that I am saving going there  Wink I go to Hobby Lobby everytime I go to the States, which is like once a week, but I never seem to have any luck with their fabric department... Though I pretty much lovev everything else about Hobby Lobby.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9457 on: June 05, 2009 06:50:38 AM »

aquasnow, that fabric looks like a terrible pain!  I would probably throw it out the window.  Kudos to you for trying it.  I did notice, though, that the toes on your legs are still open.  You are actually supposed to sew those up before you turn the the legs so the toes have a nice, clean line on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9458 on: June 05, 2009 09:06:14 AM »

lol beth, i don't keep up with this thread much since if i did i'd never sleep lol i was just floored someone even saw it, no one ever mentioned it when i posted lol... thanks for remembering to suggest it!

eliea... walmart doesn't sell fabric anymore, according to their 800 number all fabric departments were phased out last year, which sucks because i had never even bothered to buy fabric anywhere else... now i'm spending twice as much on fabric that's less convenient Sad

Every wal*mart in my area still has it. I can travel between 5-45 minutes depending on which one I go to. There are about 4 different ones in that range and they all still have it though some have gotten smaller. My wal*mart keeps saying it's going to go away but they keep ordering fabric!  There are also still several stores around the country with them they just like to pretend there's not.  Most of them petitioned to keep the fabric departments as wal*mart ran out a lot of the local fabric places and it worked. So perhaps it's just one here and there near you too?

aquasnow you are super brave for working with that fabric. I think I'd have given up by now! it looks frustrating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silvren
« Reply #9459 on: June 05, 2009 09:41:56 AM »

Wow I love the kimonos! Every time I read this thread I'm inspired, Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating the Foundation Image for a Portrait
Posing the Model to Paint a Portrait
How to Paint a Portrait
Adding Finishing Touches to Your Chalk Drawing
Adding Shadow and Depth to Your Chalk Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...