A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1784268 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9060 on: May 25, 2009 01:22:24 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=306454.0
There is my pic tute for poppet jeans!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9061 on: May 25, 2009 02:53:53 PM »

Amigirl your could also try a tank top. Lay the dol on a piece of paper and mark just abouve both shoulders, under the arms, and about where you want the "waist" to be.

This is basically your "pattern". Mark a "u" shape between the shoulder top lines for his neckline, and a j shape from about 1/4 inch under the shoulder top lines to about 1/2-1 inch down. Then draw a box shape for the body. All you'd have to do is add seam allowances and you have a tank top.
that may be clear as mud since I'm on meds....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SugarySweet
« Reply #9062 on: May 25, 2009 02:56:42 PM »

I am working on a two headed poppet today.  Yeah, I'm weird.  We'll see how that turns out.

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see it!!

I don't think that's weird at all. I've made Siamese Twin dolls.

So, if you want to trade that away...I'm here  Wink
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009 02:57:43 PM by SugarySweet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #9063 on: May 25, 2009 03:26:38 PM »

Oh Always Inspired, you are so wonderful. That link is bookmarked and now I am actually looking forward to making some pants or variations thereof.

Ghily: have you seen your shrink this week? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
rasita
« Reply #9064 on: May 25, 2009 04:28:07 PM »

Here is my finished poppet. Pene Poppit

I had heaps of trouble with this one, she had cellulite (which I now know how to fix, thanks), I thought it wouldn't be too hard to sew on curly dolls hair, and I made her a fur suit!!! The suit is supposed to resemble a skunks coat. After finally getting it onto her (her hands and feet were a bit too big to fit nicely through the holes) I decided it wasn't going anywhere so I sewed the pants waist onto her since fur doesn't gather too well with an elastic waist, joined the centre of the jacket with a few stitches, and the hood is actually sewn to her head since I only managed to sew on her fringe with curly hair.
I don't think I had the patience for this one, but she had to be finished so that I could at least start a new one, knowing what I know now.
With all that happened to her she did turn out looking ok in the end. Though, my next one will be better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlezo

zoe is my name and crafting is my game ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9065 on: May 26, 2009 01:54:29 AM »

littlezo- I'd really like to scan the pattern and upload it, but apparently we don't have a working scanner.  Basically what I did was use craftewoman's pants pattern, but I altered it a little bit.  I took the "back" section and made the waist and crotch a little wider for the girl version (for the boy you have to make the crotch longer and the waist even wider).  Then, you cut 4 of that pattern piece in the desired length and make your pants.  If you need a photo tut, I can do that. 

a photo tute would be great if its no to much trouble and could you let me know if you do make the blythe tshirt ow much to incrase it by!!

I am working on a two headed poppet today.  Yeah, I'm weird.  We'll see how that turns out.

oooh nice i cant wait to see that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may be interested in a personal swap pm if you would like to discuss it

http://www.wists.com/minimaker95

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minimaker/
KimD
« Reply #9066 on: May 26, 2009 05:49:01 AM »

The boxers are the coolest according to my son.  I really like them also.

Can someone tell me how to make bunny ears for this poppet I am working on now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #9067 on: May 26, 2009 06:53:10 AM »

Here is my finished poppet. Pene Poppit
deleted pics here

I had heaps of trouble with this one, she had cellulite (which I now know how to fix, thanks), I thought it wouldn't be too hard to sew on curly dolls hair, and I made her a fur suit!!! The suit is supposed to resemble a skunks coat. After finally getting it onto her (her hands and feet were a bit too big to fit nicely through the holes) I decided it wasn't going anywhere so I sewed the pants waist onto her since fur doesn't gather too well with an elastic waist, joined the centre of the jacket with a few stitches, and the hood is actually sewn to her head since I only managed to sew on her fringe with curly hair.
I don't think I had the patience for this one, but she had to be finished so that I could at least start a new one, knowing what I know now.
With all that happened to her she did turn out looking ok in the end. Though, my next one will be better!

So why patience was named patience, but this is AWESOME, and i LOVE the fur. I love everything about this poppet, Pene is so wisted. Rastia, I think she is what I was hoping I could do one day, and I would have sewn the clothes on her as well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

live aloha

« Reply #9068 on: May 26, 2009 08:10:08 AM »

Ghilie, your poppets are magic.  Here I was feeling like I couldn't make another and then you make one so lovely that I have to try again. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9069 on: May 26, 2009 08:48:51 AM »

KimD I found a bunny my daughter had and traced the ears.  I wanted mine to stand up so I but some quilting batting that I had laying around with each ear. I also used it for my last poppet ears as well. I like having ears that stand up so I put the batting underneath before I sew the ears and then trim the batting close to the seam then when I turn the fabric it is already slightly stuffed. I also put folded pipe cleaners on the edge of the inside of the ears to help them stand up. Hope that might help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...