A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 306,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1699759 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9040 on: May 24, 2009 10:26:19 AM »

Glad you like her, lovesclutter.

I am having the most difficult time dressing this darn boy poppet!!  Does anyone have any boy patterns they'd care to share?  I (successfully) made craftewoman's oxford shirt, but his hands don't fit through the arm holes and I'm not real sure how to go about altering the pattern (I had a hard enough time making the darn thing!)  So if anyone has shirt patterns or pants patterns suited for a boy poppet I would be much obliged.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9041 on: May 24, 2009 01:16:45 PM »

Glad you like her, lovesclutter.

I am having the most difficult time dressing this darn boy poppet!!  Does anyone have any boy patterns they'd care to share?  I (successfully) made craftewoman's oxford shirt, but his hands don't fit through the arm holes and I'm not real sure how to go about altering the pattern (I had a hard enough time making the darn thing!)  So if anyone has shirt patterns or pants patterns suited for a boy poppet I would be much obliged.  Thanks!

Cronky left out of here without a shirt, I just couldn't figure out which pieces to put together first, and I had a heck of a time with the pants I did manage. Shoot.  I did manage the oxford shirt before she left, but it was sewn poorly and I didn't get the collar on.  The shirt did go over his paws though. I would try the patterns again. They fit my dolls. Thanks craftewoman.

I just suck at reading patterns without instructions. LOL, btw, Libby is put together so nicely. I'm in awe.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #9042 on: May 24, 2009 05:16:44 PM »

I have a really simple way to do the pants like I made for my latest little boy.

Take a pair of old jeans and cut off the bottom of one leg, trim the side seams off, but leave the bottom hem. Now you have 2 pieces of denim. Lay your poppet on the denim and decide how long you want the pants and then add another 2 inches for your elastic casing. Wrap the denim around your poppet's waist, leave an inch or so for seam allowance and trim to that size. Lay both pieces right sides together and fold in half length wise. Cut a J shape about 3 inches wide by 2 or 2 and a half inches long on top of the fold. Open the 2 pieces up. You should have 2 pieces with a U sort of shape. Sew around the U. Now you have something that looks like pants with no side seams. Iron in a crease at the top of the front and back, big enough for your elastic to go through. Sew it along the bottom. With the pants right sides together sew up each side seam stopping at the bottom of the elastic casing so you don't sew it shut. Thread your elastic through gathering it as you go. Cut so side and sew elastic together. Turn your pants right side out and ta da! I hope that makes sense! If I had a way to make drawings I would. If I get a chance I could whip up a pair and make a photo tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #9043 on: May 24, 2009 06:28:25 PM »

snip    I hope that makes sense! If I had a way to make drawings I would. If I get a chance I could whip up a pair and make a photo tute!

That would be wonderful and I will re-read this after I have had coffee in the morning. You rock, so thank you very much.

lovesclutter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
McBec27
« Reply #9044 on: May 24, 2009 08:01:05 PM »

So here is my WIP second poppet.

See how the jointing came out all wonky? Sad  I'm going to have to redo it. Her feet are a little pigeon toad. And one of her shoulders just isn't right. If anyone has pointers for what they think could help me do this better, I'd love some advice here? I just do not like the jointing part so much so far. I'm sure given enough poppets, I'll become a pro, but for now, so not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy!
Check out my wist!
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #9045 on: May 24, 2009 08:38:41 PM »

I luckily have tomorrow off so I'll whip up a photo tute of the jeans!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelcallie
Fabric Addict

It is a truth universally acknowledged . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9046 on: May 24, 2009 09:31:04 PM »

Cute poppet, Mcbec! I love the giant ears.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9047 on: May 24, 2009 09:54:01 PM »

I just love all the recent poppets I left the computer for several weeks and had to spend almost a whole one catching back up. I love that this is like the 2nd popular thread on craftster. Okay I will say it WE ROCK!  I am trying to complete my trapeze artist for the circus post, but she told me she needed a friend so I am making a ring master brother to go with her. He is the first boy poppet I have ever made. 

McBec27 I love your poppet and her coloring is great. I usually put the shoulders back a little so they and try to make them blend with the line of the neck so they look like a silhouette. She looks great though Keep up the good work. 

Oh and by the way it is great to be back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9048 on: May 25, 2009 12:09:38 AM »

McBec- she's cute!

Here's my darned boy poppet.  I tried the oxford shirt again, this time adding seam allowances and widening the sleeves.  His hand fits through the arm hole, but the sleeves are still too narrow.  I'm sick of wasting time and fabric on this stupid thing, so I made him a pair of retarded boxers and he's living in the closet.

Last boy poppet I'll ever make due to lack of boyish clothing that fits.  I'm not good enough to draft my own patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
wtpdesigns
« Reply #9049 on: May 25, 2009 12:34:56 AM »

Last boy poppet I'll ever make due to lack of boyish clothing that fits.  I'm not good enough to draft my own patterns.

lmao me thinks this will now be a challenge to all... but then, you wont hafta worry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
http://www.myspace.com/wtpdesigns
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures
Meatless Monday: Spicy White Bean Dip

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...