A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1352121 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brokenporcelaindoll
« Reply #8750 on: April 05, 2009 09:18:12 AM »

So it is!  Do you know, I looked at that page AND searched Crafster and didn't see it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally have a wist!

http://www.wists.com/BunnyMaz
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8751 on: April 05, 2009 10:33:12 AM »

Thanks, everyone.  The lashes are an "eyelash" yarn.  They're glued on pretty well.
I would personally add a bit more glue to the corners as they look are sticking out there. use a toothpick to get right in that area and to apply pressure.
Typically I put my lashes on the lids with glue and then put that on the eyeball. It secures it between the fabric and plastic and keeps them from coming out or peeling off.
Other than that she looks just great! What aren't you happy with? Her dress is cute! and the jewelry is a really nice touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8752 on: April 05, 2009 01:14:44 PM »

Eliea- thanks for the eyelash tip!  I'm planning on making some poppets for my little cousins, and that would make sure the eyelashes don't fall off during play time.  The fire poppet's face just looks weird to me.  Maybe I'm just too critical of my own work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8753 on: April 05, 2009 01:29:16 PM »

The fire poppet's face just looks weird to me.  Maybe I'm just too critical of my own work.

I think she's cute. You did a great job on her head! You definitely avoided a few first-timer mistakes - she's symmetrical, properly stuffed, with an adorable little nose...and a beautiful color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #8754 on: April 06, 2009 10:29:12 AM »

The fire poppet's face just looks weird to me.  Maybe I'm just too critical of my own work.

I think she's cute. You did a great job on her head! You definitely avoided a few first-timer mistakes - she's symmetrical, properly stuffed, with an adorable little nose...and a beautiful color!
I agree with inez on all points. Smiley I find the poppets that are red just seem to look more "off" than the others. I will probably only use red once for this reason. I'm not sure why they look this way though.
Perhaps eye color or ear placement? I'm not really sure. *shrugs* Maybe you'll like her better when you get her some wings? Weren't you trying to make some? *trys to remember*

edited to add: Hey when you make them for your cousins make sure the back is on the eyeball really tight. I was looking over the pictures on your red  poppet and there is a gap between the fabric and the back of the eyeball. You might be able to squeeze it tighter from the outside since she's assembled but with future ones make sure it's REALLY tight against the fabric. Wouldn't want the eyes to come off in the wash!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009 10:31:50 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8755 on: April 06, 2009 11:32:38 AM »

I'm not too happy with those eyes.  The backings that came with them didn't even fit over the post so I had to use some other ones from different eyes.  I'll make sure to use the tried-and-true eyes I've been using for my other poppets when I make my cousins' dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
littlezo

zoe is my name and crafting is my game ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8756 on: April 06, 2009 12:31:40 PM »

i love her little neckless  Grin its so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may be interested in a personal swap pm if you would like to discuss it

http://www.wists.com/minimaker95

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minimaker/
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #8757 on: April 06, 2009 12:35:14 PM »

The backs on some safty eyes are really tight. I like to take a lighter and slightly melt the hole area before I snap it on. Helps to soften the plastic and helps it fit better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8758 on: April 06, 2009 01:47:11 PM »

The backs on some safty eyes are really tight. I like to take a lighter and slightly melt the hole area before I snap it on. Helps to soften the plastic and helps it fit better.

Oh yes, I have started doing this since some ingenious crafter (I think it was malibukasey) suggested it...it works so well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #8759 on: April 06, 2009 02:14:04 PM »

Oh yes, I have started doing this since some ingenious crafter (I think it was malibukasey) suggested it...it works so well!
I've had to do it occasionally too. I don't know why they are so next to impossible to get on sometimes. Makes no sense. I mean snug makes sense but nearly impossible does not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Great Flashlights
Making Coroplast V-Flats for Backdrop
Using Light and the Setting in Your Photograph
Awareness of Shadow in Photography
Understanding Light Exposure in Pictures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...