A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,332
Currently Running With Scissors:
323 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1494052 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8400 on: March 02, 2009 01:33:58 PM »

The carrot hoodie is great!  What a great idea, a carrot hoodie.  mhkitty, flora's hair looks fantastic, and it's great that she fit that cute little outfit!  Is it friends 2B made outfit from build a bear?

Also, I like potatoes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
mhkitty8880

Interrupting Cow...MOOOOOO!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: March 02, 2009 03:59:39 PM »

The carrot hoodie is great!  What a great idea, a carrot hoodie.  mhkitty, flora's hair looks fantastic, and it's great that she fit that cute little outfit!  Is it friends 2B made outfit from build a bear?

Also, I like potatoes.

Thanks! I have no idea. They have these cute little fairy dolls there that are kinda like poppets... Kinda. Anyway, this fairy has awesome pink hair and my girls wanted her to be a fairy. Of course! It fits perfectly around poppets and doesn't mess with the tail. Woohoo! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8402 on: March 02, 2009 04:06:34 PM »

I got my supplies for my next poppet...she'll be mischievous and naughty(well in a good kind of way Wink)  I purchased some flesh colored muslin type...will that work?  Also, I picked up the metal shanks instead of moveable joints...think they'll be better.  I should post my first poppet here...I did then I moved her to her own thread then put the link to here.....by golly I'll put a link here...I's pwoud!   here she is http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=291231.msg3308008#msg3308008
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8403 on: March 02, 2009 05:29:59 PM »

I got my supplies for my next poppet...she'll be mischievous and naughty(well in a good kind of way Wink)  I purchased some flesh colored muslin type...will that work?  Also, I picked up the metal shanks instead of moveable joints...think they'll be better.  I should post my first poppet here...I did then I moved her to her own thread then put the link to here.....by golly I'll put a link here...I's pwoud!   here she is http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=291231.msg3308008#msg3308008
I would use iron on interfacing if you use a muslin type fabric. Most of them are thinner and do fray really badly. The interfacing will give it the strength it will need for stuffing.

I would love to know how the joints work out for you. I' strongly debating purchasing some nylon ones for my next poppet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8404 on: March 03, 2009 08:56:04 AM »

I used movable joints on my first poppet and I hated them.  not good, not good at all.  But that's just me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
copmil
« Reply #8405 on: March 03, 2009 12:06:00 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I'll be joining you, thank you Ghilie for sending me the pattern.

I think I have everything for it now, our craft supplies here in New Zealand are, well let's just say there isn't many.  In the past for other projects I've ordered from the US (you ladies are so so lucky), but our dollar is under 1/2 yours at the moment so makes getting supplies really really expensive.

I am so so excited to make this.  I had been searching for weeks trying to find the perfect pattern, I had a picture in my head of what I wanted.  I love The Dark Crystal and wanted a doll that was reminded me of Jenn, and you can only imagine my excitement when someone put me onto this site.  My search came across Ghilie's lovely first poppet, then onto the numerous other threads with your fabulous creations.  You are all so very talented, I just hope my poppet comes close to your fabulous poppets.

Has anyone embriodered a face on their poppet's.  I'm going to make this one for my daughter, she's turning 1 in four weeks so I had better hurry up  Grin, and I don't want to use anything that is a choking hazard.

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8406 on: March 03, 2009 12:45:39 PM »

Has anyone embriodered a face on their poppet's.  I'm going to make this one for my daughter, she's turning 1 in four weeks so I had better hurry up  Grin, and I don't want to use anything that is a choking hazard.

I don't know if they are available where you live but can you buy blank iron on transfers or iron on faces? That would be the fastest most baby safe face I can think of. I know over here "Avery" is one of the brands that makes them and the office supply stores typically have their own store brand for a little less money.
There is also a set of iron on faces like ghilie used for her first one that you can get at the craft stores and at: www.sushinecrafts.com I'm not sure if they ship overseas or not but I KNOW they have it so it would at least give you the picture to try to find it somewhere else if they don't.

If not then yes embriodery has been done before. Click on the button to view just pictures and start from the last ones and move backwards. there is one that has embriodered eyes that are fab!

I always try to offer another option being that I am horrible at embriodery. I just tend to assume everyone else is too. So if you are an embriodery wiz then go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlezo

zoe is my name and crafting is my game ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8407 on: March 03, 2009 12:59:40 PM »

Also, I like potatoes.

thank you ghillie i had a go =]

thanks for all the feed back guys

i like chocolate.. mmm........ i want some now Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may be interested in a personal swap pm if you would like to discuss it

http://www.wists.com/minimaker95

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minimaker/
copmil
« Reply #8408 on: March 03, 2009 01:27:12 PM »

Thanks Eliea, will have a look once bubs is back down to sleep this afternoon  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8409 on: March 03, 2009 01:33:05 PM »

what about fabric paint?  I know I used that on another doll I made...although not the easiest it is possible and child proof....except if you get a picker Cheesy Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Chinese Food
Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
How to Cook Pork Ribs
How to Make Orange Chicken
How to Make a Tempeh and Shiitake Mushroom Stir-Fry
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...