A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,356
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1533952 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teachingjonah
« Reply #5790 on: April 23, 2008 07:38:50 PM »

Goldfishpollywog, I love the sock dress Smiley  I still have a long way to go at mastering poppet clothes.  Your poppets look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #5791 on: April 23, 2008 08:25:00 PM »

wow ... all the sexy poppets.  I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed following the poppets and their personality and style.  From plain to exotic, the imagination is amazing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5792 on: April 23, 2008 09:00:40 PM »

Heya Craftewoman I just opened up the new elanore pattern and I was wondering if you have some instructions for it yet? I saw a new pattern piece and I'm not to sure what I'm supposed to do with it. I want to make a new poppet this weekend  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #5793 on: April 23, 2008 09:03:25 PM »

Thanks for all the encouragment! The blonde was a bit of a trial.  A few pages back I mentioned having a hard time with some fabric...Well that was here.  I think that her skin looks so creamy because of the fact that it is stretched very thin and the polyfil adds a slight luminescent quality to it.  I'm so glad that y'all like her!  I wasn't sure I would at first, but the blonde hair made all the difference *Thanks Ripples if you read this*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5794 on: April 23, 2008 09:35:44 PM »

Heya Craftewoman I just opened up the new elanore pattern and I was wondering if you have some instructions for it yet? I saw a new pattern piece and I'm not to sure what I'm supposed to do with it. I want to make a new poppet this weekend  Grin
I do have instructions now. I think you got the mailing of the hand drawn mods I made before CC put it through her magnificent modifying machine. pm me, and I;ll send you the new one with the instructions.
The mouths make me nervous too. Thats why my poppet doesn't have one Sad My niece really wants a mouth on the one I'm making for her though.. so I may have to suck it up and try. Maybe it would be easier to paint the mouth before sewing? That way if you mess up you can just cut a new piece of fabric and try again Smiley

Craftewoman's avatar is awesome! I wish I was that photogenic Smiley
I'm not really. My sister is just a really good photographer!
Thanks for all the compliments everyone! I'm eating them up. I love all the love I get from this forum!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008 09:38:18 PM by craftewoman » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nezbutt
« Reply #5795 on: April 23, 2008 10:39:13 PM »

My fellow poppeteers, I need clothing help. Any ideas for colors or styles would be great. I'm lacking in the creativity department right now so any help at all is appreciated
This is the poppet I need to dress

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violette28
« Reply #5796 on: April 23, 2008 11:21:51 PM »

Nezbutt, I think a black infinity dress would look good on that poppet. It looked good on the one you made me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #5797 on: April 23, 2008 11:27:31 PM »

Nezbutt, I think a black infinity dress would look good on that poppet. It looked good on the one you made me!

I agree... if you could add some beads or dangles to the end of the dresses straps that would look absolutely awesome!

I love the hair Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
dessadoll

« Reply #5798 on: April 23, 2008 11:45:46 PM »

I agree... if you could add some beads or dangles to the end of the dresses straps that would look absolutely awesome!

I love the hair Smiley

I agree as well....and for some reason I'm seeing polka dots....lol   Not sure if that helps at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FaeryFae
« Reply #5799 on: April 24, 2008 04:33:26 AM »

lol this is awesome inspiration for my recent decision to become an LNA...since I've been unemployed and now am underemployed, it's a good time to get into the most rapidly growing field I guess. I am also planning on training my twin pugs to become therapy dogs so I can bring them in with me to whatever home I get a job in, and it'd be good to know I could potentially have an 'alternative' look as well! Now, I also know I'll have a great place to find future poppets loving homes!!!

BTW, great poppets everyone and Happy Earth Day!!!! Cheesy

Actually the alt girl look started when I was a nursing assistant. It seems you can get away with murder some places with your hair styles... Fingernails are not a compromise as an Aide. Clip em short, keep em short. Each place has its own Dress Code, some require even my position to wear uniforms. Dress code got looser as an activity person since my Activity Department has a casual dress code. I have a great Admin who sees why I do what I do. That my appearance is for my Residents. If they all honestly hated the colored hair it would stop. They were uneasy because of my tattoos (roses, moon) because "Good girls don't have..." I keep them covered mostly.

I do recommend long term care. It's been a hell of a good career for me. Become a CNA, but don't stay one. Honestly. It can suck big time. It's hard, often back breaking and sometimes emotionally deadening... It can be rewarding too. Just I found it mostly the other. Use it as a springboard. Build your rep as a good, caring worker. Observe other departments. See if you like the looks of another position. Then get into that position.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Family’s Journey With Autism
Malla Nunn on Present Darkness
Elizabeth Fremantle Introduces Us to Katherine Parr
Sarah Ban Breathnach: The New York Times Bestselling Author Who Lost It All
Motherboard: Author William Gibson on Real Life Technology
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...