A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 307,971
Currently Running With Scissors:
238 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1713866 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5460 on: April 21, 2008 02:06:09 PM »

I share your enthusiasm, mhkitty.  Cheesy

I had to get my poor poppet out of sight so that I can tend to the stinky kitchen.  Her hair is so soft I just want to hang out with her and pet her head.  I didn't do hair wefts because I like to do things the hard way, I painstakingly sewed each piece on by hand.  It took a few hours.  I have custom orders to do for Etsy and I just wanna make poppet clothes. 

What a great way to boost creativity, my fabric box has never looked so inviting.
lol. It's easy to be captured by their sweet little naked selves. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5461 on: April 21, 2008 02:41:29 PM »

Hee hee Hoo hoo! I just sewed up the newest Elenore pattern, and she's so curvy and pretty! You're gonna have to wait until I get her fully done until she can come out and be seen. It looks like I need to write the instructions for assembly for this pattern and make some markings for the new one. Oh, well, I guess I can't have all the fun, right? Gotta share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nezbutt
« Reply #5462 on: April 21, 2008 03:05:54 PM »

Hee hee Hoo hoo! I just sewed up the newest Elenore pattern, and she's so curvy and pretty! You're gonna have to wait until I get her fully done until she can come out and be seen. It looks like I need to write the instructions for assembly for this pattern and make some markings for the new one. Oh, well, I guess I can't have all the fun, right? Gotta share!

should I PM you for the new pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FaeryFae
« Reply #5463 on: April 21, 2008 03:19:58 PM »

Yay! Bubblegum! I'm an Activity Planner in a Nursing Home and we love having visitors for our Residents and they love gifts. Visitors more than gifts tho Smiley

I took my girls JuneBug and Maeve to work after making them and everyone loved holding them and petting their hair.

Consider your cognitive levels if you plan to gift/ donate dolls... One that are delicate or have a lot of small pieces are probably not best if your gifting them to someone/ someplace with a high level of dementia... Gods know how many times I've had to rescue crayons/bingo chips/ other small items from a snacky resident Cheesy Think like small children for that level...

Bright/soft/high contrast/different textures are uber nice for later dementia... Thats why I have bright pink hair, wear velvet and colored striped socks/ tights. Stimulation, things outside of their normal environment... I love my ladies and gentlemen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #5464 on: April 21, 2008 03:46:22 PM »

My MIL is a med passer at one of our nursing homes. She loves dealing with the people even though she only works every other weekend. It suits her though, she works at a elementary school during the week with 2nd graders and old folks on the weekend. She swears they are all at the same level  Cheesy She also agreed that they would probably just love to see my dolls. She is begging me to bring a couple and come to work with her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5465 on: April 21, 2008 03:46:49 PM »

should I PM you for the new pattern?
Sure! It's all ready!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5466 on: April 21, 2008 04:32:03 PM »

Is that the one you sent to me yesterday?  I made it yesterday.  She is limbless, but she has big boobies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Artisan82

formerly Crafty.Canadian

« Reply #5467 on: April 21, 2008 04:48:37 PM »

Craftewoman, how were the shoulders on the new curvy lady?  I thought they might be too wide - but do they look good?  i'm excited to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post all my crafty stuff on Facebook.  I'd LOVE if you'd like my page!
Artisan 82 on Facebook
My baby, my Etsy shop: Artisan 82 on Etsy
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5468 on: April 21, 2008 05:00:21 PM »

Here's Momo, the anime inspired poppet - the one that will have orange and yellow hair.  You can see that the side seam is curvy - the shoulders are set back.  However, if you stuff it right, it will come out well. 

It's especially important to set the arms correctly when making a boobie poppet.  Set the arms too low, and you will have trouble dressing her.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008 05:05:14 PM by ghilie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
CrafterSandK

Poppets are an addiction. :D

View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: April 21, 2008 05:02:58 PM »

Here's Momo, the anime inspired poppet - the one that will have orange and yellow hair.  You can see that the side seam is curvy - the shoulders are set back.  However, if you stuff it right, it will come out well.

She's too pretty! I can't wait to make one with the new pattern! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...