A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 315,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 1282
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1684084 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sammywoo88
« Reply #4710 on: March 26, 2008 04:23:41 AM »

I think I've just had my proudest poppet moment!
A while ago, my friend Stacey asked me to make a poppet version of her boyfriend. So, after much swearing and sobbing, Mini-Adam was born.
Now, Stacey really likes him, but he might be causing a bit of a problem in their relationship. Big-Adam likes to have Mini-Adam with him so they can watch tv and things, Stacey likes to have Mini-Adam with her because he's better behaved and listens to her more than Big-Adam. Big-Adam's best friend likes to have Mini-Adam with him because he's the cool one. Phew!
I think I've started the first poppet custody battle!
I'm so proud, and concerned about the people I'm friends with...

Just thought I'd share =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4711 on: March 26, 2008 04:54:15 AM »

i went away for a week, and got soooo behind that i refused to look at the thread until i had time to catch - about a month later i realized i'd NEVER catch up, and i ended up skipping almost 200 pages!

We're a talky bunch!  Grin

I think I've just had my proudest poppet moment!
A while ago, my friend Stacey asked me to make a poppet version of her boyfriend. So, after much swearing and sobbing, Mini-Adam was born.
Now, Stacey really likes him, but he might be causing a bit of a problem in their relationship. Big-Adam likes to have Mini-Adam with him so they can watch tv and things, Stacey likes to have Mini-Adam with her because he's better behaved and listens to her more than Big-Adam. Big-Adam's best friend likes to have Mini-Adam with him because he's the cool one. Phew!
I think I've started the first poppet custody battle!
I'm so proud, and concerned about the people I'm friends with...

Just thought I'd share =]

I, too, am proud!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4712 on: March 26, 2008 05:39:16 AM »

I gave Grama Voodoo Queen and man was she pleased  Grin
I have also started a Poppet photo album so I can show people who are always bugging me what exactly it is I'm making. I found a nice photo album and have started adding pictures of all the poppets I've made  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #4713 on: March 26, 2008 06:56:18 AM »

I gave Grama Voodoo Queen and man was she pleased  Grin
I have also started a Poppet photo album so I can show people who are always bugging me what exactly it is I'm making. I found a nice photo album and have started adding pictures of all the poppets I've made  Grin
What a great idea! I'm going to start one too! I have a few small albums that I haven't filled. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #4714 on: March 26, 2008 08:14:04 AM »

I just printed a few pics of my current poppets! when I get home they are going in my little Legolas album that I have been saving.

I have a bit of orange fleece left over from a personal swap and I'd like to make a fox. However I'd like this one to be a bit larger. How much fleece do you guys think I'd need for a double sized poppet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

« Reply #4715 on: March 26, 2008 08:35:07 AM »

I feel like SOBBING ladies!!! I feel like I haven't been a responsible Poppeteer!! I have hardly been keeping up with the thread and I have NOT seen all the new wonderful Poppets!! I plan on going back and checking but, I hate the weight I feel on my shoulders when I know I have not been getting my fix on Craftster AND the Poppet forum!! It has been KILLING me!! My husband came back a couple days ago and so we have been doing a lot of.... *cough* "catching up"....... Seriously, It has been so nice being a family again! It seems like we have been so extremely busy since he has been home. I hope the chaos slows here soon... Because NOW I have a babysitter so that I can get to Poppeting!!!!! LOL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

« Reply #4716 on: March 26, 2008 08:44:06 AM »

In case any one is interested in them, I will be adopting out both Crimson and Carl, I am running out of space to keep them and the boy says I have to get rid of some of my stuffs.  Cry Not sure anyone would want them but I thought Id give it a shot.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 11:42:44 AM by zombiekilla » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

« Reply #4717 on: March 26, 2008 08:46:33 AM »

*SQUEEEE*!!! ME ME ME ME!!! Miss Clifton, Miss Clifton... Oh, Miss Clifton!!! *Raises hand violently*...... PM'ig you now!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4718 on: March 26, 2008 08:51:30 AM »

Sorry it took me so long to reply I totally missed this the first time around.

Ok guys here's the 4 mistakes:

If you click it you will see it bigger for better closeups.
Starting on the right and moving to the left, you see:
Fun foam upper or version 1.
First felt version. Problems here are: The felt streched around the cut out, the cut out is too low, and the seam of the sole shows through the cut out.
Second felt version, Cut the front part to low so they are more like slippers than shoes.
3rd felt version I think this was still too low after adjsuting from the last pattern.

Q1 - The goal is to make a garden clog with a flower cut out?
Q2 - Which pattern did you start with? One of your own or the free shoe pattern?

It looks like you got really really close. Your comment about it not taking a lot of fabric to make poppretty clothes is true. It also doesn't take much to make it fit or misfit. As you pic shows. I think you just need to tweek the two middle ones a bit to get what you want. Slightly higher vamp, I think that's what they call the part over the instep near the ankle. And move the cutout up. Also the mention of iron on interfacing is a good one to help stablize the felt. Apply the interfacing then cut out the piece. The felt squares as sold at malWart or Michaels is flimsy. Good quality wool felt will hold up better. It's thicker and more expensive. The Kunin felt that malWart sells is made from recycled plastic so it won't take much heat. Inexpensive felt is usually acrylic. Wool can take a lot more heat but probably won't stretch and tear as easily either so probably won't need reinforcement. Craft foam tears easily also.

A1- yes that was the goal
A2-  I started with the free 18 inch doll shoe pattern that is linked somewhere on this thread.
I wish I could find wool felt. but they just don't seem to sell it around here in any color other than black and brown. Sad and I've only managed to find it at hobby lobby on the bolt. If I was going to buy some it would have to be in more colors.
I do realizes it's better quality but  I was trying to match the look of those specific shoes so black or brown wouldn't have worked. Though I probably could use that to line the inside of the shoe....
Yep I bought the cheep felt squares but I had to buy what I could find. I was out of town and jo-anns was all I had. And my walmart stopped selling all the colors. Sad
I'll try interfacing on a low setting. I think I can salvage either shoes 4 or 5. I have to check and see what was wrong with version 4 becasue I really can't remember! lol.

I think I might try gluing the craft foam to a craft foam insole just to see what happens. I experienced the tearing after sewing it. So perhaps more experimentation is needed with it. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 08:54:52 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4719 on: March 26, 2008 08:53:06 AM »

In case any one is interested in them, I will be adopting out both Crimson and Carl, I am running out of space to keep them and the boy says I have to get rid of some of my stuffs.  Cry Not sure anyone would want them but I thought Id give it a shot.
Is the boy getting rid of some of his stuffs too? Otherwise I'd be like No way! My hubby knows better than to ask me to get rid of something like that. I'd probably hurt him. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 1282 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Record Sound Properly with Microphones
How to Record Proper Sound Levels
How to Use a Dolly Zoom
How to Master Focal Length
How to Interview for a Documentary
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...