A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1784168 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1990 on: January 30, 2008 07:26:45 PM »

Yeah, I think most of my cussing is caused by the machine too.  I want a sewing machine that never runs out of thread and plugs into my brain so that it always does what I want it to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
dammitall
« Reply #1991 on: January 30, 2008 07:36:38 PM »

Yeah, I think most of my cussing is caused by the machine too.  I want a sewing machine that never runs out of thread and plugs into my brain so that it always does what I want it to do.

*sigh*
That would be so great.

I guess some of the modern (and expensive) machines are pretty sweet, but I'm plodding along on my mother's old Singer Merritt, and desperately trying to remember what I learned in Home Ec aeons ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1992 on: January 30, 2008 07:41:31 PM »

Computerized machines aren't all they are cracked up to be.  You get the ghost error sometimes, which annoys me to the point of having Tourette's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1993 on: January 30, 2008 07:54:34 PM »

Computerized machines aren't all they are cracked up to be.  You get the ghost error sometimes, which annoys me to the point of having Tourette's.

Quite funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1994 on: January 30, 2008 07:56:16 PM »

lol yeah...I must say, after months of me putting this off, I am pleased overall but I wished I'd used a different color fabric. It's kind of a tan/gold, and it just doesn't scream 'cute girly poppet!' and it's for my daughter's birthday. Hmmmm.

I'd like to make one out of white alova suede but alas, there is none to be found anywhere near me. I do have black, maybe enough pink, light brown, dark brown, and some green robe velour. I guess I need to make lots in order to figure out just what specs I like! (eye size/placement, tail placement, ears etc).

Gold! Ooooh! A sexy lioness is very girly!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008 07:56:48 PM by craftewoman » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1995 on: January 30, 2008 08:57:05 PM »

Amen and when you take them in for servicing they critizice my poor machine to death. It can quilt for petes sakes! And it had like every foot known to man with it! lol
I jsut can't use super thick materials on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panda
« Reply #1996 on: January 31, 2008 03:19:47 AM »

I don't know if this will help....a leather needle.  I found out it has a sharper point.  I love my guy at the repair shop they are great with machines and i have 6 ( hard to part with any most came from friend and family who don't sew and a serger hubby bought me).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1997 on: January 31, 2008 05:54:05 AM »

XD I thought I was going to scream some bad words there at the end trying to get my needle thru the body (I used upholstery thread). But in the end, I think the poppet came out pretty darned good. And she'll know some choice naughty words!!!

I used the DH for that part and he still had to use a pair of pliers. He said: "how many times do I have to do this" as he rolled his eyes and said "doll" was creepy....He just doesn't understand...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #1998 on: January 31, 2008 06:47:57 AM »

that is why i love the doll limb joints. there is no stabbing through the body, just "click" and you're attached.

scroll down to bottom of page for image.
http://www.discojoints.on.ca/jointsystems.asp
Those things do not work for me. I've tried them now twice. I love the button jointing though! It's so easy to complete a jointed doll and it looks professional!
No matter what I did how much I stuffed, my poor dragon had the floppiest limbs in the universe. And it's hard to be terrifying if you have floppy limbs you know?
I stuffed the poor thing till it was about to burst, I padded and repadded the joints with felt, still floppy. He got sent to my partner floppy too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

« Reply #1999 on: January 31, 2008 06:48:54 AM »

lol yeah...I must say, after months of me putting this off, I am pleased overall but I wished I'd used a different color fabric. It's kind of a tan/gold, and it just doesn't scream 'cute girly poppet!' and it's for my daughter's birthday. Hmmmm.

I'd like to make one out of white alova suede but alas, there is none to be found anywhere near me. I do have black, maybe enough pink, light brown, dark brown, and some green robe velour. I guess I need to make lots in order to figure out just what specs I like! (eye size/placement, tail placement, ears etc).

Gold! Ooooh! A sexy lioness is very girly!

Yah, at one point I was definitely playing with a lion mop at one point, cause her hair is reddish orange chenille yarn...but I used blue eyes to match my daughter's. I guess I should have used the yellow ones and just ran with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...