A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1784149 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ekioart
Queen of Procrastination

Working on it....No Really, I am......sorta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1960 on: January 29, 2008 05:28:32 PM »

Whoot! Great new poppets.

I can't wait to get time to start a new one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm bringing sexy back, I think I dropped it somewhere between the donut shop and the Cheesecake Factory.

My etsy shop
http://Ekioart.etsy.com
My Wists!
http://www.wists.com/Ekioart
I blather on about stuff here.
http://ekioart.blogspot.com/
panda
« Reply #1961 on: January 29, 2008 06:29:52 PM »

I've been working on my poppet and forgot time.  I will try next time for swap good luck everyone.

I don't know if you all have thought about it but i have found some cool things at yard sale and thrift store.....old suede jacket, fabric scrap, and yarn.

ALL the poppet are AWESOME, I hope mine turns out as well.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrazyOnU
« Reply #1962 on: January 29, 2008 07:30:15 PM »

Oh My Gosh!  I just found this thread. These guys are awesome!!!!!!  I so want to make one.
I have a couple of questions for you pro-poppeteers.
What level of sewing skills do you need to be able to make a poppet?  I have made little animals out of felt.
Is there anywhere that tells how to go about making one?  I don't have alot of computer time and you guys have lots and lots of pages on this thread. LOL
Thanks ahead of time to anyone who is willing to get me on track.
                                  Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1963 on: January 29, 2008 07:33:16 PM »

Oh My Gosh!  I just found this thread. These guys are awesome!!!!!!  I so want to make one.
I have a couple of questions for you pro-poppeteers.
What level of sewing skills do you need to be able to make a poppet?  I have made little animals out of felt.
Is there anywhere that tells how to go about making one?  I don't have alot of computer time and you guys have lots and lots of pages on this thread. LOL
Thanks ahead of time to anyone who is willing to get me on track.
                                  Beth

Go to the first page. There are helpful links. Also, to start, you have to pm Ghilie for the pattern and instructions, then you will be on your way! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1964 on: January 29, 2008 07:39:12 PM »

Wow three new poppets since I last read this thead last night! They are all so cute!! I need to get mine done! I want to do 2 more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1965 on: January 29, 2008 07:42:50 PM »

Just as a side note. I was thinking recently how much I've learned since making my first poppet. I can't believe the journey this has been. Before this, I'd never drafted my own patterns for clothes. It's amazing what happens with one thing snowballing into another. Thank you so much Ghilie!
I can't wait for the swap!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragon*Fly

Not the only strange one on the internet.

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: January 29, 2008 07:51:43 PM »

craftewoman, I agree completely!  The poppet pattern has taught me how to think more in 3D with how the patterns go together, as well as the clothes making!  Isn't it great?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1967 on: January 29, 2008 08:09:23 PM »

I had basically never sewn anything with a sewing machine before until I got the poppet pattern. Now I've made 3 poppets, I have 2 mini's started and I'm drafting my own clothing patterns!!! It has been a great learning experience for me! A newbie can handle this pattern with no problems as long as you read it through and take your time the first go around. A HUGE thanks to Ghilie for helping me find out that I truly enjoy sewing!
My great grandmother was a doll maker and now that I've made poppets my grandma has offered to let me have some of my great grandmother's patterns that she drafted  Grin I have confidence that I will make many more dolls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1968 on: January 30, 2008 06:17:07 AM »

okay, so...I have a question.

I got my first poppet's legs done last night, yay! Only, I don't feel like I placed the toe guide correctly...I put it with just enough fabric at the top of the middle toe for a seam allowance, lined up the seams, and ironed it on. I sewed exactly on the guide, but it  looks like not enough of the curve was sewn on to make rounded toes, almost like the toe guide is too big. I ended up going back and 'rounding' off the toes on either side so that they were more round. However, I know Ghilie's feet come out perfect and obviously as she designed the pattern, so it's something I"M doing wrong. Anyone else have this happen???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1969 on: January 30, 2008 06:20:13 AM »

okay, so...I have a question.

I got my first poppet's legs done last night, yay! Only, I don't feel like I placed the toe guide correctly...I put it with just enough fabric at the top of the middle toe for a seam allowance, lined up the seams, and ironed it on. I sewed exactly on the guide, but it  looks like not enough of the curve was sewn on to make rounded toes, almost like the toe guide is too big. I ended up going back and 'rounding' off the toes on either side so that they were more round. However, I know Ghilie's feet come out perfect and obviously as she designed the pattern, so it's something I"M doing wrong. Anyone else have this happen???

I had the same thing happen. Instead of rounding off with the sewing machine, I rounded while sculpting the toes. I'm sure that's not necessarily the right way, but it worked for me.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...