A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,220
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1334794 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13120 on: July 01, 2013 11:17:48 AM »

I couldnt embroider a straight line even if it was to save my life XD markers are definitely the way to go for me =D
Glad you like him sharalee! Cant wait for him to be done so Smeddley can show him off ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
bethymay123
« Reply #13121 on: July 05, 2013 05:49:02 PM »

So how long does it take to skim through 1313 pages of the most awe inspiring post ever?

72 hours give or take a few.

I have never made a doll before but after seeing all the absolutely incredible poppets and punkins and cupcake dolls I have been convinced that I too can make one of these beauties.

I have the pattern, the freezer paper, the fabric, and the stuffing. So here goes. I will let ya'll know who it turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13122 on: July 05, 2013 10:25:34 PM »

So how long does it take to skim through 1313 pages of the most awe inspiring post ever?

72 hours give or take a few.

I have never made a doll before but after seeing all the absolutely incredible poppets and punkins and cupcake dolls I have been convinced that I too can make one of these beauties.

I have the pattern, the freezer paper, the fabric, and the stuffing. So here goes. I will let ya'll know who it turns out.

=D buwahaha about to create another poppet addict yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
bethymay123
« Reply #13123 on: July 06, 2013 10:38:57 AM »

I made a Poppet !!!!

it is for my DD who is three. she is away at her dad's for summer visit. this is the first time she has been away so long on a visit. I needed to fill my now overflowing free time but the quilt I am working on is just not happening. so I was cruising Crafters for inspiration and found the poppet along.

four days later I finished skimming the 1313 pages and started on my poppet. I had the material and the freezer paper, what I didn't have was everything else...

Her eyes are from a teddy bear that by DSs had took apart. Her stuffing is also from that bear and a throw pillow that had a hole in it.

I didnt have anything to joint the limbs so I just sewed them on just at the top of the limbs. Her left ear is a little wonky and her head is a little tilted.

She still needs hair and cloths but over all this is the most fun thing I have made in a long time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13124 on: July 06, 2013 02:38:33 PM »

Omg how cute! I cant wait to see him when he's finished ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13125 on: July 06, 2013 05:38:52 PM »

She is so cute!!!

Sometimes you can balance out the wonkiness of the head when you put hair on Smiley I think it adds character.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13126 on: July 06, 2013 07:12:43 PM »

I make my joints by looping a long stitch through buttons located on the outside of the leg or arm, through the body and through the opposite limb, another button, and back around a couple times. It requires a long needle and some patience, but it works well with these and many other dolls. When I'm sure it's secure, I make circles of the body fabric, slip stitch around the edge, and patiently pull it tight over each button to cover it. I love this method because no special materials are required, and it works great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13127 on: July 06, 2013 07:28:02 PM »

If you want the head to stay in a specific position adn not shift when your stitching it on, get a doll jointing needle and shove it through the top of the head and into the neck (make sure to leave enough space on the top of the head to remove the needle afterwards ha ha) and then stitch the head on =D i cheat i know haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

Lhiannan
« Reply #13128 on: July 13, 2013 05:00:19 PM »

Oh, goodness, it's been too long since I last posted!

Working on a new poppet; she'll be Red Riding Hood and I'm planning a larger Big Bad Wolf to go with her.

I need to work on her entire outfit.  The dress is stolen from my elf and the corset is made of some horrible ex-drapery that is fraying to death even as we speak.

I hate tiny fingers!  She had to have a second set of arms made because I could not ever get two of the fingers to turn in the first arm I made and the second one somehow got magically stained with a big splot of blue, and I ripped through one of the fingers, too.  These fingers are gently wired with 15mm pipe cleaners (the extra fluff makes great stuffing).  I haven't decided if she's going to get 5 fingers or not.  Probably not, even though she has five cute little toesies...

Her hair is exactly the color of Kraft macaroni & cheese and I really like it Cheesy  I crocheted a little wig cap/hat thing and spent more time looping the hair onto it than I did hand-sewing the actual doll.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13129 on: July 13, 2013 05:48:59 PM »

She looks so dainty.

I can not wait to see her in her full outfit and with her wolf.

I struggle with fingers as well Smiley
I generally swear alot whilst making them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Douglas Kennedy Talks About Leaving the World
Rachel Kushner Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Grabbing at Water Book Trailer
Clockwork Angel Book Trailer
Meet Noveslit Ivo Stourton
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...