A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1414004 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12890 on: June 21, 2012 06:10:25 AM »

I thought I would, but I didn't at all! It may have been partly because I used the longest fur they had. I also overlapped the edges just a tiny bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12891 on: June 21, 2012 07:37:30 AM »

Love the boy cupcake doll.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
lanikins
you can't take life too seriously...you'll never make it out alive

View Profile
« Reply #12892 on: June 21, 2012 08:19:14 AM »

I did my hair by cutting the fur into strips and hand sewing them down. It seemed a good way to keep it from getting a weird shape Smiley

I'd love to try fur on a poppet!  when you use strips, do you have any problem with the seams blending? I haven't had very much experience with fur.

sometimes the edges get a little wonky with fur, but i use the HECK out of some fray check on the edges when i make toys with fur mohawks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12893 on: June 21, 2012 09:12:19 AM »

I thought I would, but I didn't at all! It may have been partly because I used the longest fur they had. I also overlapped the edges just a tiny bit.

I need to find some long fur..I only have the standard stuff you find at the local fabric store..not the fun good stuff.  I need to try this..such possibilities!!

I did my hair by cutting the fur into strips and hand sewing them down. It seemed a good way to keep it from getting a weird shape Smiley

I'd love to try fur on a poppet!  when you use strips, do you have any problem with the seams blending? I haven't had very much experience with fur.

sometimes the edges get a little wonky with fur, but i use the HECK out of some fray check on the edges when i make toys with fur mohawks.

fray check!!!!   I have NEVER thought of that!   I have a ton of it around too! I have never thought of using it on fur edges.  shheeeesh...you'd think I was born in a barn. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
bastetblue
« Reply #12894 on: June 21, 2012 08:35:33 PM »

Haven't been here for a while but made another puppet.. and I just love him.. so I wanted to share.. Wink

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/249738_19Jun12_LS.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/249738_19Jun12_Ls1.jpg

Hope you'll like him too.

Oh my goodness! Loki looks amazing! You need to post more, because I think he deserves his own topic. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a fairy in possession of a good appetite must be in want of pie.''

My wist: http://wists.com/bastetblue
sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12895 on: June 22, 2012 02:15:12 AM »

I need to find some long fur..I only have the standard stuff you find at the local fabric store..not the fun good stuff.  I need to try this..such possibilities!!

fray check!!!!   I have NEVER thought of that!   I have a ton of it around too! I have never thought of using it on fur edges.  shheeeesh...you'd think I was born in a barn. Undecided
There are some fake/fun fur sellers on etsy that will sell sample swatches of the super long hair. I ordered some when a bought a pattern called Lil Bedheads so I could check the colors and length of the fur. Most of the pieces are big enough for a poppet or that adorable new one..Cupcake. I think the swatches were $1 each after the first 3 were free
http://www.etsy.com/shop/LuxuryFauxFur

http://www.etsy.com/shop/phunkyphashions?section_id=7746464

The first one I have bought from, the second looks interesting. Love the fray check idea, guess I was born outside the barn!! HEHE
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lanikins
you can't take life too seriously...you'll never make it out alive

View Profile
« Reply #12896 on: June 22, 2012 09:18:56 AM »

Love the fray check idea, guess I was born outside the barn!! HEHE

i always go with the idea that, if i mess something up, i can always start over...trial and error all over the place with this chick!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12897 on: June 22, 2012 09:21:47 AM »

sewhappysew!  thank you!  I was born even FURTHER out since I have never checked Etsy for fur!!!   sheesh....what is wrong with me!!!  We should start a way outside the barn club!!!

bastetblue...I agree Loki needs his own thread.  Phina?  *eyebrow wiggle*   Grin Grin Grin  (nothing like poppet peer pressure to start the morning with a bang!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Phina
« Reply #12898 on: June 22, 2012 11:58:24 AM »

Thank you so much Wink I'm really glad you like him.. just as much as I do Wink

I'll do my best to post some other things I've made next week. Then Loki should get his own thread to go for world domination Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12899 on: June 22, 2012 12:16:52 PM »

Great links sewhappysew. I may have to get me some swatches so I can make me some boy cupcakes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Half Up Hairstyle
How to Use Egg as Hair Conditioner
How to Treat Dry Hair
How to Curl Your Hair Extensions
How to Get a Stylish Olympic Gymnast Updo
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...