A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1332119 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kinoni
« Reply #10810 on: January 25, 2010 02:10:11 PM »

no progress on poppet, i lost some of my fabric, but i found this weird fleece (it IS fleece)
that has no stretch AT ALL one way and a bit the other way. So very un-fleece-like

lol, that's a good poppet fleece then.  Wink
i bought some for my totoro hat and giant plush, and have a bunch left over, but  may use it for the challenge, we'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10811 on: January 25, 2010 09:37:30 PM »

moriko_kitsune it does stink when you put hard work into something just to have it not appreciated. I find myself being selective about who gets the things that I made. I wish I was not like that but I hate to see something I worked hard on taken for granted or even worse not taken care of at all. I crocheted a doll for my niece and a matching one for my daughter a while ago and my daughter ignored if (she was only 2 at the time) but now she plays with it quite frequently. so maybe your niece will appreciate it later when she looks back and realizes the hard work you put into it. Also love your poppet he is adorable great work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10812 on: January 26, 2010 08:40:35 AM »

I'm going to loose my mind if I don't find skin toned poppet skin Angry I'm opening up sign ups for the poppet swap, and I have been looking for poppet skin ever since I started the idea for this swap (back in fall of last year). I found a black velour that I will be using for my panther family, but for other people I need skin tones Undecided Can you believe the Joanns nearby doesn't have *any* seude??? I mean, really Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinoni
« Reply #10813 on: January 26, 2010 03:32:12 PM »

you COULD bleach the dye out of the black and then dye it with Rit dye, but it might not bleach evenly, or take the dye to well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10814 on: January 26, 2010 09:39:57 PM »

If anyone is interested, I just opened sign ups for a poppet swap http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=335708.0

you COULD bleach the dye out of the black and then dye it with Rit dye, but it might not bleach evenly, or take the dye to well.
I think that with the fabric I have, the bleach would take off the velour.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmichele_craftyfae

the faery of creative chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10815 on: January 27, 2010 05:55:02 AM »

I'm going to loose my mind if I don't find skin toned poppet skin Angry I'm opening up sign ups for the poppet swap, and I have been looking for poppet skin ever since I started the idea for this swap (back in fall of last year). I found a black velour that I will be using for my panther family, but for other people I need skin tones Undecided Can you believe the Joanns nearby doesn't have *any* seude??? I mean, really Tongue

i've used sweatshirt material for poppets and have had pretty good success. you might be able to find the skin tones you are looking for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anne11
« Reply #10816 on: January 27, 2010 07:17:35 AM »

hi  Smiley  i 'm working on my first poppet(made a few mistakes like sewing the tail on backwards so when i turned the body the tail was on the inside~ Tongue ) and i'm at the point where i need to sculpt the toes and fingers. just wondering what is the best thread to use? the thread that i sewed the poppet with or embroidery thread? also do i add the eyelashes and lids on before i attach them to the head? i can't wait to finish her even though jointing sounds like it'll be hard and the head and hair scares me Embarrassed making this poppet is so fun even when mistakes happen. i would love to join a poppet swap later on when i make a few more then i'll know that i'll be able to make a good poppet to swap. thanks for any info.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010 07:21:12 AM by Anne11 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10817 on: January 27, 2010 07:28:04 AM »

I like to use embroider floss in the fabric color for sculpting the fingers and toes. It seems stronger and blends in well.
As for eyes I like to stick the lids on before I put them into the head and then add the lashes when I'm done fiddling with the poppet so they don't get ruined. They are easy to add with a pin and some glue.
Use the pic tute that the link is for on the first page. I found it so super helpful when I first started jointing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anne11
« Reply #10818 on: January 27, 2010 07:34:43 AM »

AlwaysInspired~ thanks for all the help. this has been so fun, now my 13 year old daughter wants to sew one too. it's great to be able to do something with her that she likes, it's so hard to get teens to do anything with there parents it seems.a great mother and daughter project!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10819 on: January 27, 2010 07:37:32 AM »

I have a teenage cousin that I helped make on. It is super fun to make them together! Can't wait to see the finished project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stamp Basics
How to Press Flowers
Designing a Pressed Flower Bookmark
Storing Pressed Flowers
Creating a Laminated Pressed Flower Bookmark
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...