A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1316
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1315326 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10780 on: January 19, 2010 08:24:57 PM »

APPLAUSE Eliea. And Lolita is wonderful. I like the face the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10781 on: January 19, 2010 10:06:06 PM »

That is AMAZING! How did you get those perfect human ears? Mine came out looking like elf ears, which I why i didn't use them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anne11
« Reply #10782 on: January 20, 2010 05:09:34 AM »

wow~ awesome storm trooper! what alot of work.can't wait to see more pictures. DizzerSpinninRound--love the lolita look, i think she would look fantastic in black. i have a question. a friend gave me four dress jackets that are made with 70% wool,20% nylon and 10% cashmere. have anybody used this type of fabric. just wondering if it would be okay for poppets before i start cutting up the jackets. they're very pretty colors including light blue and rose pink. thanks for any info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #10783 on: January 20, 2010 07:55:36 AM »

That is AMAZING! How did you get those perfect human ears? Mine came out looking like elf ears, which I why i didn't use them.

I traced a quarter and cut that in half, then added about 1/8th of an inch around for seam allowance. And did some angling on the bottom I think. I have quarters stashed all over my craft room becasue 90% of the time when I need a shape it's a circle that size.

I have the pattern I can scan it for you if you like.

Still a long way to go. I have to get grocieries today so that will put him on hole till after lunch. I plan to go get them after eating breakfast (which I'm doing now)

In hindsight I wish I'd used foam sheets for armor instead of felt. That would have created the stiffer shiny look I was going for and could have just been drawn on for the details.... But perhaps if I ever do another one I'll do that for it.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I really appreciate it! and totally needed it. Hubby's been very supportive but he's not really giving me the boost I need!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010 07:56:22 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10784 on: January 20, 2010 11:02:33 AM »

I traced a quarter and cut that in half, then added about 1/8th of an inch around for seam allowance. And did some angling on the bottom I think. I have quarters stashed all over my craft room becasue 90% of the time when I need a shape it's a circle that size.

I would like a pattern because my attempts were such failures and I'm going to be hosting a poppet swap starting next week and if my partner wants a human poppet, I want her to have proper ears!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10785 on: January 20, 2010 11:13:21 AM »

Okay, the lolita poppet has her own thread now:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334885.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #10786 on: January 20, 2010 01:31:04 PM »

I would like a pattern because my attempts were such failures and I'm going to be hosting a poppet swap starting next week and if my partner wants a human poppet, I want her to have proper ears!

I'll scan it for you after hubby gets home then! Shouldn't take to long I just don't want to go into his mess of an office. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #10787 on: January 22, 2010 02:30:10 PM »

I didn't forget your ear pattern dizzy! I have been madly scrambling to get mr trooper finished. And I made it! I took tons of pictures and will be giving him his own post later. Probably tomorrow.

I was educated that he is An Arc/k(sp?) Trooper leader/commander. Not a clone or storm trooper like I'd thought. His "man skirt" is actually a Kama, or belt spat. And I can't remember what the tops thingie Is called.

I did get the helmet to work after the third try. It was the only thing that really gave me fits. Anywho more later! We're about to leave for the party that I made him in time for! *happy dance*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scribble Dolls
« Reply #10788 on: January 22, 2010 02:37:33 PM »

Oo, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of him completed, Eliah!

I've been working on my poppet off and on over the past few weeks and am amazed at how easily it's coming together! I just have to finish needlesculpting her paws and then finally to the dreaded jointing and adding hair (*scared*).

But she has a face! Wooo!

I'm pretty proud of how she's turning out...considering I'm such a noobie sewer and all  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10789 on: January 22, 2010 04:00:04 PM »

Flying ferret, that's really good!  And is that a papillion I spy as your avatar?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1316 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Mind-Blowing Skeleton Face with Just 3 Products
Vodka Skin Toner
How to Keep Skin Looking Healthy During Winter
Lady Gaga Applause Makeup Tutorial for Halloween
Style in the Wild: Interview with Entrepreneur Brenda Braxton
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...