A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Whimsies 6 GALLERY  (Read 23160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SlyFox
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2009 06:32:56 PM »

Hello all - One more last package (aside from the glass head Tero is sending the Whimsy winner).

This is what I got from Maid Mirawyn for the JOW 6 swap I got it on Saturday but have been waiting to see what I was supposed to do before posting pics, as originally Freestyle had to find an Angel for me (Ps. Thanks Frogangel for offering and I am glad you weren't put out when something did finally arrive).

So here it is without further ado Smiley

The whole thing

Close up of the container which was very pretty:

Again my thanks to Frogangel, and to Freestyle for clearing everything up and making sure I got a package too and to Maid Mirawyn for sending her package.

SlyFox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist http://wists.com/Sly-Fox

Like my crafts? I Would LOVE to do a personal swap! PM me if you're interested!

My Craft Blog: http://slyfoxcrafts.wordpress.com/

Swap Stalk Me:
http://slyfoxcrafts.wordpress.com/crafty-preferencesgifty-ideas-for-swaps-etc/
frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #271 on: October 24, 2009 06:39:49 PM »

Awesome last "jar" to this swap!

You are very welcome Slyfox! Grin I'm just glad that you were able to receive a package. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2009 10:47:12 AM »

Glass head photos! Wheeee! Sorry it took me so long-- I had a very big to-do around Halloween, and got sick on top of it. Tongue

First off, Tero packaged this VERY well. The entire thing was wrapped in layers of paper and those poofy plastic bubble pads. It arrived in perfect shape!

You can sorta see in this photo-- Tero made a face with foam stickers placed behind the eyes, emboidery floss behind the mouth, a large flower for "hair," etc. It was really well done! Didn't last long, though, 'cos we had to dump it. Cheesy

The initial dump, wherein our heroes learn that tile floors and beads don't mix.  Undecided Oops!

My "helpers" paw though things really quickly.

My son was super excited that many Halloween-type items were inside.

A more detailed dump photo-- in there you can see: a rubbery hand, a likewise rubbery ear, beads galore, foam stickers, stamps, buttons, foot-shaped paperclips (which my son was boggled by, for some reason), a tiny trophey, a hemp neckace, and tons of other fun bits and bobs

Some favorites-- a tiny cardinal and an owl thimble (I collect birds!), and a tiny frying pan with eggs in it. Cheesy

More favorites: a wee birdhouse, a strange clown statue, buddha chopsticks, bag of resistors and such, a plastic lamb, moose button and necklace that reminds me, somehow, of Bjork's compass tattoo.

Yet more faves-- a teeny sewing machine, a rubik's cube, a chinese pincushion, a day of the dead guitar pick, a strange hedgehog sort of critter (I love this dude-- he's going in the little diorama I'm building on my nightstand), deer and toothpaste charms, foreign coins (Euros), handmade beads (with a Klimt pic on one! I think), a whistles with a bear's head, and one of the oddest things-- a sort of coin charm that seems really familiar. Actually it looks a lot like the Kuchi coins I use in my costuming (I'm an ATS bellydancer), but not quite. I like, regardless!

Tero, you are so amazing. This is the coolest prize evah! I'm going to be swimming in little treats for years. And the glass head is so neat.. I'm still trying to figure out what to fill it with when I display it. Oh, and from the kids:

"Thanks for sending us the cool head! I really liked the sticky ear and hand. I like the big blue marble. " (Sebastian, age Cool

"Tank you Terrrooooooo!" (Abby, age 2)

Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #273 on: November 04, 2009 11:14:56 AM »

So cool atlascoughed! That head jar is so awesome and you got lots of neat looking whimsies! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun digging through everything! Cheesy

Tero, you and freestyle made this round of whimsies a great one! I can't wait till the next round! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #274 on: November 04, 2009 11:29:26 AM »

I was so happy to hear that it got there in one piece. Pretty scary sending off a glass head !! Smiley I have seen them with lights inside of them for lamps and that looks pretty cool.

I had some pictures that I took as well. More spread out. I was not as overwhelmed hee hee as you probably were and didn't have two sets of tiny hands helping me spread it out. LOL I am sure that was quite a job. Smiley

Just for everyone else, there was foreign postage stamps in there, wine corks from Europe, the pill box was full of Sterling silver bits and bobs, there were book mark blanks a ton of game pieces, random playing cards and other paper goodies, vintage sewing notions, junk jewelry...

A ton of vintage buttons from Germany, a small barrel full of monkey and a tiny etch a sketch. Smiley You can see just some of the beads...if you dumped that puppy out on your floor, bless your heart you will be finding beads for years to come. LOL

The beads did include one that I had put a Klimt image on. There were also art nuevo brass stampings, small lockets, ribbons, pens, charms, bottle caps.....I cant remember any more.
I did put more pictures on my photo hosting page if you want to look further.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?ppuser=124569&cat=500

This swap was so much fun !! Really glad your kiddo's had as much fun as you playing with it all.

Much peace to everyone
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #275 on: November 04, 2009 04:16:29 PM »

Wonderful prize! Looks like lots of fun going through them with the kiddos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

santacruzsugar
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2010 05:20:52 PM »

What a cool swap!!! Somehow I've missed all the past rounds! I'll have to keep my eye out for the next one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rough and Ready Sportswear for Kids
Plaited Bridesmaid Hairstyle Tutorial
Rock a Gorgeous Updo for Short Hair
3 Super Easy Braid Styles
How to Get Long-Lasting Hair Volume
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...