A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,971
Currently Running With Scissors:
253 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 28  (Read 37244 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2007 08:39:25 PM »

I claim Bigmouth for pins.

A hoodie.

Hand made glad rag pads. (Cloth Menstrual Pads )

This is a stretch but a lap quilt.

Jewelry-rings, bracelets

candles or a learn to make candle kit

A shrine (day of the dead, halloween, 1950's pin up)

A new purse. I love purses!

crochet or knitted fingerless gloves

plain pillowcases and tea towels to embroider

Messenger bag

A roll up holder thingy for my embroidery thread (like the kind for crochet and knitting needles)

A 1920's style hat

Vintage Halloween stuff

A tote bag with pockets

A new wallet

Wristlet

Sweaters for my puppies

A new dog bed

Vanilla perfume

Japanese craft books or magazines.

Anything from my wist-there's ton of stuff on there.

Tourist souvenir plates

About me...
I have been married for about a year, I have 3 jack russell babies. I love pin up and 1950's stuff. I love bad  "B" horror movies. I also love Day of the Dead stuff. Some of my favorite artist are Mitch O' Connell and Lisa Petrucci. I love Rockabilly and old traditional country music but love punk just as much. I live in the Pacific Northwest where the rain is beginning for the next 9 months. I love the color pink, black,reds and certain shades of blue (not neon or navy) or yeah, and greens.

Thanks in advance for picking me. If you have any other questions, please feel free to pm me~
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007 08:46:35 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmuffcake

creepy + cute

« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2007 09:38:27 PM »

I claim kittykill for some cool handmade jewlery! We have some of the same likes so I can pull something cool out!

2 claim, 1 sent, 0 rec.

Hey I am Kendy, I live in Modesto, CA, and I get two wishes. This is my first wish this round. 1 claimed; 0 sent, 0 received. A little about me: I am 28, own a small company called Lost and Found in which I create one of a kind items, I am really into music (rockabilly, indie, 80s, gabber) , I am vegan, I love my boyfriend and cat, I have odd tastes and love hand made stuff.

handmade goods
-plush dolls/toys that are sorta odd for my collection
-someone to crochet/knit me this (HUGE WISH):http://www.flickr.com/photos/9802231@N02/1877078879/
-anything with skulls, anatomical hearts, robots I can wear
-anything Morrissey
-black ear flap hat
-straberry shaped hat -knitted/crochet
-large bag in cool fabric
-stenciled tee shirts
-new wallet
-vinyl insert record bag/purse

supplies
<s>-loteria cards </s>
-heat tool (for embossing)
-robot rubber stamp
-skull printed fleece
-better knitting skills
-ouija board
-embroidery kit for newbie
-business cards for my business
-empty altoid cans
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
octipii
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2007 05:21:11 AM »

I claim missmuffcake for a stenciled t-shirt. This is my first claim. 0 sent 0 received.

My name is Lucy and I live in the Midwestern USA. I love Victorian things and Jane Austin. I also like modern, nature-y patterns. I dont like neon colors. I would like to receive something I can wear.

Anything like what is on my wist

I love t-shirts! (Anything with birds or trees would be amazing)(I'm typiclly us size small)

This knitted hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=152082.0;all

This bag http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=187963.0;topicseen
Thanks!

Handmade Mittens or gloves

Something with the constellations

A hoodie would be great

Any sort of old-fashioned classic-looking jewelry

A large, cute bag (any design)

Anything to do with Broadway or Musicals or singing.

Anything you would like to knit or crochet me

A pencil/secretary skirt (pm me for measurements)

An informal dress (pm me)

Colored leather-ish wallet (like something from this website: http://www.buyolympia.com/q/?Artist=QueenBee+Creations)

Thanks for anyone who picks me!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007 07:54:24 PM by octipii » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The aurors are part of the Rotfang conspiracy... they're working to bring down the ministry with a combination of dark magic and gum disease..." -Luna

small wist: http://www.wists.com/octipii
sunspotted
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2007 11:19:23 AM »

I claim octipii for...  This bag http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=187963.0;topicseen

I'm in Canada and this is my third claim, 1 sent, 1 going out today, 0 received.  List in a mo....

Crafted Goodness

* Wind chimes - something silvery or blue or both and tinkly (as opposed to loud and clanky).
* 14 inch pillow covers - black and white fabrics please, two (they don't have to match) if you're feeling ambitious.
* Chequebook cover - something brightly coloured I can easily find in the bottom of my bag.
* Hook roll or zippered pouch for all my tiny thread hooks. -- thanks heini
* Needlebook.  I can't believe I don't have one. -- thanks !b
* Sewing machine cover - something funky.  PM me for dimensions.
* Project journal - like a swap journal but for stuff I keep and/or give away to people in person and not just on the internets. 

Stuff To Craft With

* Embroidery floss, hooks, things to embroider on.  I have a billion patterns.  What to do with them, I do not yet know.
* Soy wax.
* Knitting needles, secondhand is fine, I have only a few. -- it's amazing what you can find when you move. 
* BIG WISH!  White cotton yarn (ala Sugar n Cream or Peaches n Cream or whathaveyou).  I need about 4 balls please.
* Fabric markers - any colours.
* Wrecked or unwanted CDs or DVDs for the imaginary light sculpture in my head.
* Piano sheet music.  Any style, any level.
* Crochet afghan patterns.  I have an addiction.

Random Stuff

* Recipes for your favourite sweet things.  No cake mix or processed crap please, I'm a baking snob.   
* Polymer clay and directions how to use it, particularly for crochet hook handles. 
* A 2008 calendar - crafted, bought, whatever.  I haven't known the date in two years, it's time to rejoin reality. 

* My very new wist www.wists.com/sunspotted

About Me

I don't have many posts, so this will be on the longish side for better swap stalking possibilities.

Hi, Im Allison, a 30-whatever year this is (7??) year old hermit from the wilds of Ontario.  Seriously, I have more deer and bears visit than people, and Im okay with that.  I have two large dogs and three cats that think they are dogs.  These days my primary craft is crochet, though in winter I get the kiln going (sometimes just for extra heat) and play with ceramics.  Ive been known to make a quilt.  I dabble in stained glass and mosaic.  Knit badly, sew badly, embroider in theory.  My woodworking shop is bigger than my house, but Ive gotten away from that lately.  Speaking of that house, Im building a new one and its driving me crazy.    I have trouble remember to take pictures of FOs, but  I finally have a digital camera, its around here somewhere.  I have the attention span of a gnat. 

I love nature and animals (except when theyre eating my garden or ripping open the garbage bin), music and books.  I love the idea of babies (which is why Im a fantastic baby shower guest) but would sooner chew off my own arm than have one.  I dont have a favourite colour, though I do believe that yellow is best used sparingly and bright turquoise is a tool of the devil.  I refuse to acknowledge the existence of neons.  I hate to wear socks but would like to learn to knit them.  Im allergic to most metal and dont wear jewelry.  I don't have a sweet tooth but I'm addicted to coffee and potato chips.  I never use a sentence when I can use an entire paragraph.  Also, Im only marginally computer literate but Im working on it. 

Thanks in advance to whoever claims me.  Give a holler if I stall things. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007 11:39:13 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2007 11:54:12 AM »

I claim sunspotted for unwanted CDs!!

This is my second claim this round, 1 sent, 1 received

I live in Seattle, WA USA, I'm 22, live with my boyfriend and our non-traditional family.  I'm vegan but not anal about it, and I'm in love with sealife. I have two cats, three bunnies, and I had to put down my rat on Thanksgiving Sad  I love ugly and obnoxious colors, along with deep shades of blue, red, green, and purple, but I hate white and most pastels, ESPECIALLY pastel yellow.  Hot pink and olive green are my two big colors, and I also like 70's colors and vintagey looking things.  Tea gives me migraines and I'm allergic to latex.

I have been crafting my whole life, sewing for 15 years now, and knitting seriously for about 4.  I've recently started making things without patterns, and have also started writing my own.  I'm
always interested in learning new crafts, and there's very few things I haven't tried at least once.

Winning themes for me are anything relating to realistic sealife (fish, jellies, anemonies, kelp, octopi, etc), bugs (like slugs/snails, bees, spiders and millipedes), birds (my favorites are
pigeons, ducks, geese, and parrots), cute cartoon dinosaurs, and Asian art (including but not limited to Tibet).  I don't, however, like kanji or any writing in a language I don't understand.

**WISHLIST**

ITEMS

+ knitting bag
+ desk lamp for crafting and taking pictures in my dark house
+ toys for my kitten (he loves jingly things, doesn't seem to care for catnip)
+ a usable fish mug
+ sturdy, medium size handbag/purse that I can hang over my shoulder.   Thank you mimiw!
+ embellished t-shirt or long sleeved shirt (size small), stenciled, painted, patched, or whatever with any of my themes
+ something tall and cylindrical to hold all my paintbrushes (I have about 30 of them)
+ soy wax candles
+ something from/inspired by my wist
+ framed fishy art I can hang on my barren walls

SUPPLIES

+ blocking board type thing for knitting
+ non-vegan yarns from your stash (I won't buy wool new, but I love recycling and want to felt and dye SO BAD!  If you have any wool that you are never going to use, I can make a good home for it.)
+ super cool pencils (designing with pen is messy!)
+ Men's ties, none with cartoon characters please.
+ 24" circular needles, size 5 and/or 7
+ issues of Interweave knits pre-winter 2006

KITS

+ wire jewelry making (with instructions and tips please!  I've got pliers and things but I don't know how to use them!)
+ soap-making kit (vegan-friendly supplies only and instructions, please)
+ yarn dying (I'd like to try kool-aid)

YUM (please only send these things if you are 100% certain they are vegan! ask if you have any questions)

+ Chocolate almond clusters (I can't find them here anywhere GRRRR!)
+ Tropical source chocolate bars (mint and crispy rice; they disappeared!  I can't find them anymore!)
+ Awesome popcorn seasonings
+ cool popcorn kernels
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007 11:57:16 AM by fishie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2007 01:37:04 PM »

I claim fishie for
+ embellished t-shirt or long sleeved shirt (size small), stenciled, painted, patched, or whatever with any of my themes

This is my 3rd claim (1 sent, 0 received).  I'm in Virginia, US.

1.  I would sell my soul for a Trasformers Toque http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=197767.0
I know it's a big wish, but I have to put it out there in case some knitter would have fun making it.  It would make absolutely the best Christmas gift, but I couldn't make it myself because I barely know how to do basic knit stitches.

2.  Necklace(s)--I love them, and it's safe for me to wear them at work now, so I'm excited to get some more.  I especially love pendants on chains right now.

3.  Pin(s)!  Love those, too.    Sweater season has started, and I love wearing pins with twinset cardigans.

4.  A funky throw pillow cover.  I'd love something with dark green, deep red, and/or deep goldish-brown.  I'd love something really attractive to replace the old patchwork pillow cover that's falling apart.

5.  A pair of mittens.  I like to wear mittens on top of my gloves on cold days.  PM for measurements.

6.  An attractive, lightweight tote bag with a zip closure at the top.  I'm on a mission to get my mom to carry something a little nicer than the screenprinted promotional freebie bags I've seen her carry the last couple times we've visited.  They look a little out of place when she goes out to eat, but I know she won't buy for herself, and anything I make probably wouldn't look any better.  It needs a strap that's long enough to carry over the shoulder with a heavy coat on, but not long like a messenger bag.  Something rather neutral-ish and not heavily embellished... on the casual side, but not sporty.  Something for a conservative dresser who's not quite retirement age yet, and who wears a lot of sweatshirts.  PM for more info if you want it, because I've probably rambled too long already to the general thread-reading masses.  Smiley

Okay, so I've been claimed for necklaces and pins, but I'm not taking them off--because I can't seem to have enough.  A few years back, all my "jewelry" (in quotation marks, because most of it was absolute junk) was burgled from my home, and I was without any for a while.  Now I'm on a mission to fill that awesomely large jewelry box I bought for $1 at a thrift store. 

Let's see.  I'm vegetarian, and I'm not fond of leather, gelatin, fur, or feathers.  Wool's just fine.  I love all colors, including colors and combinations most people consider odd or ugly.  Not a big fan of neons, and I think I've hit my limit on pink, but any color could find its place with me.  Unless it's for the Transformers Toque, which would be for a gift.  A neon pink Transformers Toque would probably be too far over the edge.  Thanks to whoever picks me!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007 01:48:10 PM by Bigmouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Holliewood
Directions? What directions?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2007 04:24:26 PM »

I claim Bigmouth for some pins and necklaces !

This is my second claim this round with none sent or received.

A little about me I'm 27 and live in Oklahoma with my loving dog Frank!  I've been sewing, crocheting and making jewlery for years but would like to try other crafts too!  I love the out doors (we live on a farm-cats, cows, chickens, a donkey, horses, goats-you get the drift) love to read, craft, and play games.  I love dark colors, earth tones and pinks.  I'm not allergic to anything.

On to my wish list...

--a polymer clay starter kit-any instructions on cane making would be great (big would love you forever wish!!!)

--knitting starter kit

--various colors and types of yarn (darker colors are best but I can use just about anything)

--any craft books or magazines (used is fine)

--any camoflage or toile fabrics of any shape and size

--open stitch markers (or the stuff to make them) Pending Thanks ThreadorYarn

-- fabric paint-sponges

--stencils (would love to make t-shirts and hoodies with odd little out of the way or never heard of resturants/bars on them)

--purse patterns (new-used-whatever)

--thimbles (old, new, funky whatever I collect them) Thanks Calluna More are always apprecieated!

--exacto knife

--anything Sesame Street, OG Mario Brothers, Transformers, or John Wayne would blow me away!

--resin starter kit

--a fun funky pin cushion (see my wists for my style)Pending-Thanks ThreadorYarn

--any yummy homemade soaps (vanilla and lavender are my favorites)

--a needle/hook roll in a fun blue or earthtone print

--a sewing machine cover, in a fun funky print or fabric (pm for dimensions)

Anything from or inspired by my wists!!! http://www.wists.com/hdcase

Thank you in advance to anyone who chooses me!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007 04:40:42 PM by hdcase » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pin.it/-gjpvzo
Pinterest yumminess.

You only live once, if you do it right, once is enough.---Mae West
igobylorib
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2007 07:26:25 PM »

I would love to claim hdcase for
- an exacto knife ( because every crafter MUST have one of these Smiley
- a thimble or two ( I collect them too )
- pin cushion from her wist (the ring or the cactus or both if I can pull them off)

This is my second of 3 claims. One is going tomorrow. I am a 36 year old stay at home mom who LOVES to make things. I love playing with paper and fabric and really appreciate anyone who takes time to craft for me. Here is my wish list in no particular order:

Crafted:
- standard size pillowcases or throw pillow covers (14" or 16" squares) - Black, white and red - I LOVE florals and polka dots - just the covers, I'll add the pillows myself
- pincushion / thread catcher
http://www.kquilts-studio.com/pincushionthread_catcher_tutori.htm
- sewn / embroidered cuff
http://www.savesninedesign.com/products_view.php?page=store&product_id=298
http://www.savesninedesign.com/products_view.php?page=store&product_id=271
- an organizer (made out of fabric) for my felt and floss when I travel. I sew alot in the car on road trips and could something to carry my supplies in.
- screen printed art with birds (I love sparrows and owls)
- a Diego backpack (Rescue Pack) for my son
- handmade pin cushions (I collect them)
- an full length apron in vintage inspired fabric
- knit fingerless gloves to wrist or to elbow in black or charcoal grey
- knit maryjanes for my daughter - she wears a size 10 in toddlers and loves pink
- anything with birds on it, particulary sparrows and owls like a thimble, figurine, stuffie, pincusions, etc
- Anything Nightmare Before Christmas for my 7 year old daughter who collects it
- handcarved stamp- I'd love a bird, house or my name- lorib
- big chunky rings - I wear a size 7- 7.5

Supplies:
- neat office supplies like labels and mini staples (BIG WISH)
- Embroidery patterns of birds, houses, alphabets
- Embroidery hoops - any size in wood or plastic
- chucky buttons that I could use to make into rings
- scraps of fabric to make covered buttons ( vintage scraps would rock)

I really LOVE using vintage things in my art like:
 - buttons with holes (not the ones with shanks)
 - fabric ( florals are my favorites, love 30's feedsacks prints)
 - sewing patterns - anything pre-1970

I am a fabric junkie and love:
- red, aqua, leaf green, black and white
- big and small florals
- cute japanese prints (loves owls and trees)
- polka dots ( I could clothe the world with my current collect and would love more)

I LOVE the work of Beryl Taylor and want to start art quilting. I could use supplies for that like:
- sheer fabrics with glitter or sparklies on it (to layer over other fabric)
- lace trim
- blank or preprinted printable fabric
- cream twill tape with words stamped or printed on it (I can give you suggestions)

I have a pretty hefty wist list and ofcourse would love anything inspired from it: http://www.wists.com/igobylorib

Don't hesitate to pm me with any questions you have. I just love this swap-
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007 07:59:26 PM by igobylorib » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
mimiw
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2007 10:11:07 AM »

I claim igobylorib for: scraps of fabric to make covered buttons ( vintage scraps would rock)and some misc. fabric

This is my 8th claim, 2 sent, 4 received.

I am in Georgia.

My name is Mimi and I am 30 years old.  I just moved yesterday!!!!.   I have 2 dogs, Zuma and Hail, who I treat like my children.  I sew just about every day.  I also crochet, paper craft and paint.  I love nature and nature inspired thingsand I have a ridiculous fabric fetish.  I love blues, greens, browns and reds.  I have a strong dislike for anything pastel.    I love patchwork and scrappy designs. 

Here is my wishlist:

Handmade soaps for my FIL and BILs (3) Christmas present!  I have made them Toiletry Kits and would love to have some yummy smelling soap to put in them!

Decorated (painted, decoupage, etc) single and double light switch plate covers.  We just moved into a 101 year old house and ALL the fixtures are brass or gold colored.  And they are ALL coming down.

Art or something fun to put on my walls

Handmade 2008 Calendar to hang on the wall in my TINY office

Cotton fabric!!  Just about anything is fine as long as it is not childish/babyish.  All colors are good with me!  Thank you  vala_amaris!**But I would love more!!**

Cotton and Cotton Batik scraps (no smaller than 2)  Thank you vala_amaris!

Fun Stitch Markers Thank you Simplyfussfree!

A learn to embroider kit.  I would love to try but I have no clue where to start!  Thank you !b

Embroidered tea towels for my new house!  Anything freehand or random would be great.

A wall organizer for our tiny office with pockets for bills, etc.

A ribbon organizer box like this one http://www.craftzine.com/blog/archive/2007/11/how_to_make_a_ribbon_storage_b.html?CMP=OTC-5JF307375954

Anything with an octopus on it for my brother  Thank you Simplyfussfree!

A fun, funky pincushion and fun pins I always need more!!

An apron something funky!!  I have a patchwork one on my wist that I LOVE or surprise me!  Thank you Kookaloo_Starr

Ceramic bowls or unique pieces in browns and blue Thank you bigmouth!

Anything inspired by my wists:  http://www.wists.com/mimiw
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007 10:35:53 AM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
faerykisses
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2007 06:10:59 PM »

Hello,

I claim mimiw for light switch covers. Please send me some colors and styles you might like Smiley This is my first claim and I have 0 out.

I am 29 and located in Los Angeles, CA with my boyfriend of four years, no kids or pets but we have a lot of fun together. I am originally from Vancouver, BC and have also lived in Seattle, WA. I love fashion, art, lots of diff kinds of music indie, rock, house music, soulful stuff and I am crazy about crafting. I am a beginner sewer but I am very handy with other types of crafts, I am trying to learn how to crochet (just bought my first set of hooks). I like cute stuff but with a twist and a dark sense of humor. I love watching Dexter on Showtime, Greys Anatomy, Heroes(I LOVE HIRO), Ugly Betty and I love anime cartoons. I am also a Bettie Page, Art of Olivia, Pucca, Hello Kitty freak and Amy Brown fairies are my frequent muses since I love making life size fairy wings as a hobby. I am always open to suggestions if you have been dying to try something new or you have a specialty that you think I would like.

Thank-you for reading my post!   

Crafts:
*Anything inspired by my wists, I love surprises!  http://www.wists.com/faerykisses
*Handmade Soaps
*Handmade Christmas Cards
*Wine glass markers for dinner parties a fashion theme in purple or green would be nice.
*Zipper bags in different sizes for storing accessories
*Passport holder for airline ticket and passport for travel.
*Big wish-fingerless gloves to wrist or to elbow- purple/blue
* Crocheted amigurumi- Octopus* Hint, Hint  or Hello Kitty would awesome!
*Tattooed doll like the one in my wists, not too scary no demons unless they are cute!
*Clutch Purse from funky fabric
* Earrings or Necklace or a matching set, imaginative themes are great. Can be beaded or themed I love the zombie bears in my wists, they are cute and a little gross at the same time who could resist?
*I know it's a stretch but I would love a monster messenger bag
*Magnets for my Fridge- Please see my wists for inspiration, Anne Taintor themed would be awesome! Sassier the better
*T-Shirt that says NO I will not love you long time Medium
*Animal Dolls I love Cats something like the white cat in my wists would be fab.
*Reconstructed top size large please pm for sizing
*Fairy Picture to hang on my wall can be postcard size or larger.
*Anything Fairy surprise me, I heart Amy Brown!!!!

Thank-you for in advance for picking me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Faeries are irrational, poetic, absurd and very, very wise" Brian Froud

http://www.wists.com/faerykisses
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...