A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Dino Girl - Image Heavy :)  (Read 907 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MrsGraves
Proud Army Wife!

Yee-Haw!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 30, 2007 05:53:32 PM »

So what do you give your baby sister who is obsessed with dinosaurs for Christmas?  A doll of her in a dinosaur costume of course!

I used Owly's Luke in a dinosaur costume and whipped this up in one night .. the pattern was amazing!  I used an H hook instead of a G but other than that followed it to a tee .. well the colors are different of course but ya know.  I still need to add hair and am debating on a mouth.  Opinions?

And just for fun, the baby sister.  Told ya she was obsessed Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap anything crocheted for a Poppet!

My Blog:  www.livejournal.com/users/MamaCatCrochet
My Wist:  www.wists.com/MrsGraves
perlabella

"It is what it is."

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007 06:12:39 PM »

omg! too cute!! Smiley i love hte spikes!! i'm sure she'll love it!! oh and hair and mouth? i think u can skip 'em because she looks too cute as is Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007 06:33:15 PM »

Ahw how cute I have Owlys' 'Summer in a Skunk Suit' and her patterns are awesome aren't they? I love yours b/c she is camo colored. You weren't kidding about your sister being Dino obssesed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
MrsGraves
Proud Army Wife!

Yee-Haw!

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007 06:49:33 PM »

Ahw how cute I have Owlys' 'Summer in a Skunk Suit' and her patterns are awesome aren't they? I love yours b/c she is camo colored. You weren't kidding about your sister being Dino obssesed.

They are awesome, I'm currently modifying it to make my Hubby a little boy in a Moogle suit Tongue  And I went with camo colored because since her "Big Bubba" is an "Army Man" she is all about the cammo.

She has been dino obsessed since she was an infant .. it came out of nowhere and just stuck for the past 8 years .. she's been a dinosaur for Halloween every year since she was 3 and old enough to voice her opinion on costumes haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap anything crocheted for a Poppet!

My Blog:  www.livejournal.com/users/MamaCatCrochet
My Wist:  www.wists.com/MrsGraves
*Owly*
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007 10:42:10 PM »

Borrowed from Vanillaxlight and the Crochet FAQ:
Borrowed from Melidomi and the knitting board:

COPYRIGHT(thanks ax174)

Is it ok to post a copyrighted pattern here on Craftster?
Only if you wrote it yourself.  If the pattern is already on the web, post a link.  If it's in a book or magazine, post the name and author (and issue if it's a magazine).  You can post an excerpt if you have a question about it, but don't post the whole thing.

Can I sell stuff I made from someone else's pattern?
 Usually no, unless your have author's or publisher's permission.

I'm glad you liked my pattern, and appreciate your business, however I would like to kindly remind you that in the listing for the pattern where it is sold, and included in the actual pattern itself is a statement to the effect that it's greater than great to make these dolls as gifts or for yourself, (which I'm glad that you made it for your sister), but they are not to be made and sold.

Just a quick reminder, this little dinosaur boy and his pattern is not to be copied and reproduced for monetary purposes, I'd love if you made as many as you liked for yourself or to give as gifts, but please do not make them and sell them. Thanks!

Additionally- the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License that is stated on the pattern itself indicates that it is not to be used for commercial purposes.

I'd appreciate if you'd remove my doll pattern from your craigslist offer to make dolls.  http://killeen.craigslist.org/art/468936323.html.  It's disappointing, that my wishes as the designer are being ignored, and frustrating enough that it makes me not want to offer my patterns.  Please respect the wishes of designers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging at Owlishly, photos at Flickr, and all my patterns at Owlishly and my Ravelry store
gnathalie2
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007 04:50:47 AM »

Fantastic dino!! 
Owly has amazing designs!!!
Nathalie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 2/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 19/19
How to Crochet Leaves Part 5/6
How to Crochet Leaves Part 4/6
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 10/19
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...