Swap name: Disposable Camera Swap Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: bethiej78
Sign-up date range: 10/30/07 – 11/7/07
Date to send item by: 11/30/07
Limited to a certain number of people?: 25 (after which I’ll close sign-ups temporarily until I can recruit a co-organizer. If I do get one, I’ll reopen signups).
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
All ages allowed or 18+? All agesSwap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YESAdditional Rules:
1. Please bookmark this thread or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything. I anticipate a large number of participants so I will not send out PMs with updates, I will just post here.
2. PM me and your partner with your DC number when you send. PM me and your partner when you receive, and please thank your partner. You will not receive feedback until after I know your partner has received.
3. The whole point of this swap is to see cool pics of where everyone lives. Thus, posting pictures when you receive is of TANTAMOUNT importance. If you are unable to post pictures, please DO NOT sign up for this swap!!Details of swap:
Want to see new places without leaving your town? Appreciate good photos as art? Perfect. This will be a pretty simple swap. All you need to do is get either a disposable camera or a roll of film (or use your digital camera), and fill it up with pictures of your town/city! Then you send the (1)
undeveloped roll of film or camera with AT LEAST 24 pictures (or email/send CD of the digital files) and (2)
a decorated/reconned picture frame.
It can be totally crafted or bought and decorated, that's totally up to you. We'll be split into two groups, one for digital peeps and one for the film traditionalists.
Now just wait to get your package & go get the pictures developed! The only requirements for the pictures are (1)
that you don't just take pictures of people you know and (2)
that after you receive them, you get a copy on CD (just a couple dollars more) to share in the gallery (or use your scanner to scan in developed pics). And that's it!
NOTE: if shipping to another country, PLEASE mark package "contains film, DO NOT X-RAY" or the film will be ruined.
Sendouts will be Friday, November 30th. This allows for 3 weeks to take one roll of film, which should be plenty of time.If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Disposable Camera Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Do you live in a small town or a big town?
Are you mostly Mountain / Desert / Forest / Lake / Ocean-Beach / Plains / Urban Jungle?
Are there any places (or types of places) you love? (Not a guarantee, but I'll try to match people as close as I can):
Do you use DIGITAL or FILM?
Anything else you'd like to add?IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.LIST OF APPROVED PARTICIPANTS:
* first time swappers! welcome!! GALLERY:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=208385.new#new