A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,073
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "My Country Doesn't Have That" Round 9 Swap Gallery  (Read 4968 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dizzylizzy

dreamers have become an endangered species

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 30, 2007 05:34:38 AM »

Share your goodies here!  Cheesy

LINK TO ORIGINAL THREAD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilylola
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007 02:01:12 AM »

I've never been the first to receive before - I feel honoured. A huge thank you to Yarnisfun who was a fantastic partner, just look at the wondrous things she sent to me. And just to set the seal on her all round loveliness, Yarnisfun was clever enough to get the parcel delivered on my birthday.

I'd asked for tacky Christmas decorations, sweets and anything to do with crochet, jewellery making or dancing (I teach dance for a living) and look, tacky CHristmas decorations, a jewellery kit, an iron on thingy saying dance, a really pretty fat quarter with ballerinas on it, some beautiful yarn, a packet of dance related buttons and stickers and a really cool sewing pattern which I think I'm going to use for Christmas presents

2. Sweets! My children love Tootsie Pops but we can't get them here, look at how many Yarnisfun sent. My daughters would very much like to have you as an Aunty.
My favourite, a big bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I love these things but (maybe fortunately) they're both really expensive and difficult to find here. I'm trying to ration myself but I doubt this bag will still be here tomorrow.
And of course Kool Aid. I keep meaning to dye yarn with it, but every time someone's kind enough to send us some we end up drinking it. We've already drunk three packets this time so it looks like I'll be begging again.

3. My favourite, favourite item

Father Christmas in tropical weather gear with a flamingo. My whole tree theme is going to based around this, I love him to bits.

Also included was a copy of Crochet Today which I'd never seen before, I can't take a photo of it as my sister has stolen it.

Thank you so much Yarnisfun, I couldn't have asked for a better partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did but backwards and in high heels

MY wist
MY ETSY
folksy shop
Yarnisfun
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007 01:26:07 PM »

*blushes*

Wow, I'm so happy you and your girls really loved everything! Thank you for all the lovely comments.

I still can't believe it got there on your birthday. Talk about lucky Grin.

I'm glad you liked the Santa ornament. I saw it and I knew it was perfect. I'd love to see your tree once its decorated Wink.

Sorry to hear that your magazine has been stolen, good luck retrieving it from your sister!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
travelbug
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007 03:31:26 AM »

I just received an awesome package from Octopusinclothing! The outside envelope was decorated with cute Hello Kitty tape, a bunny envelope and doraemon paper. It made me smile when I saw it. I caught a nasty cold on the weekend as was feeling quite yucky when I got home from work but as soon as I got the package I felt ten times better. Better than medicine Smiley

I received an Allure magazine, US Weekly magazine, sour peach rings, sour neon crawlers, jolly rancher candy, licorice and four different types of fabric. Thank you SO MUCH Octopusinclothing, your package is great!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007 05:41:16 AM »

I'm glad you liked it Heather Cheesy

I hope you feel 100% better soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
Yarnisfun
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007 08:46:20 PM »

LizzieMcGuire is my first swap partner from Germany. Here's all the awesome stuff she sent.

She sent me two magazines: A copy of Rebecca magazine in German, and a really cute paper craft magazine. She also included some postcards of what her town looks like.

She sent the prettiest sock yarn, two balls of matching acrylic yarn, some really cool German wool, and a super cute handmade clay pretzel.

She also sent along a bunch of yummy candy and some drink mix.

Thank you so much LizzieMcGuire! I absolutely love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purpleone
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007 05:23:53 AM »

I received a box packed full of American goodies from Yarnisfun this morning and it really felt like Christmas! My family including the cat were crowded around looking at me unpack my goodies Grin

Here we have...
Patterned felt (so cool, wish they sold it here), NEW issue of ReadyMade magazine, cookie cutters, muffin cases, baking stencils (wow these look fun!), darling birdie emboidery transfers, awesome bag making patterns, pom poms, charms, a bracelet, pearl-adorned lace, a thread cutter pendant (been wanting one for ages, this will never leave my neck), lucky charms cereal, reese's pieces which my papa loves, more candy and cookies and fabric!

THANK YOU SARA! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007 04:28:23 PM »

I reveived from Bea today!

Here are a couple pics, sorry about the quality.

Here is a group shot, there's an owl card, some kawaii cloth with sweets on it, some barettes, an octo necklace! some really cute bananna earrings, candy, some little note enelopes, and my favorite, a bunch of printed tape!

Here is a close up

Thanks so much Bea!!!  :)I loved your package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
purpleone
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007 06:45:24 AM »

Yay glad you likey - I had fun making the jewellery and finding kawaii goodies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007 06:47:27 AM »

I received an awesome package from daemonwildcat today!

Sorry about the crappy photo, my camera died!
I got: A Vogue knitting magazine, a Harper's bazaar magazine, 2 skeins of very pretty yarn and lots of chocolate bars!
THANK YOU!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn Hot Cross Buns on Violin
Learn to Play the G Major Scale in Violin
Keeping Elbow Still When Playing Violin
How it Felt to Butcher a 700 Pound Steer
Introduction to Vibrato on Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...