A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: two tops and a t shirt dress  (Read 1791 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thriftrat

"we just want to live, if anyone would let us."

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2007 04:32:05 AM »

hellooo everyone! it's been ages since i posted because i've been so busy with work. but in true craftster spirit, i've somehow managed to find the time to make a few things. everything was made from scratch, i just kinda winged it as i went.

flowery top:

these were taken when i went to the zoo. excuse the face! i couldn't resist goofing off, but anyway. i bought this fabric in malaysia (it's printed with blue flowers, pink berries, butterflies, you get the idea) and couldn't decide for ages what to make out of it. i decided on a simple tank with gathers and fake buttons. you can see the details in the first pic, and what the entire thing looks like in the second.

purple satin top:

i love this one but it's a tad short.  Sad it's a v-neck babydoll with pleats. it flares very nicely, though you can't see it in the picture.

grey t shirt dress:

this was made out of a grey xxl t shirt. i love it to bits but is it abit too plain?? i was thinking of adding a swan applique out of this fabric:

what dyou creative types think?

thanks for the help and for looking! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'd rather be sewing.
rachikus
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007 04:47:47 AM »

I like the purple one. It's very pretty. and how you can wear a plain tshirt dress without looking like a tosser.
I applaud you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stalk me
k8iejane
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007 06:07:46 AM »

wow !!! i love that purple one sooo much.. so cute, i bet that would be sooo hottt with a gray pencil skirt !!...   wow... i would love a blue one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm working on a small collection.. eventually there will be an option to buy on my personal site
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007 08:10:54 AM »

you are adorable! i think alll the things you have made are seriously amazing. the grey shirt dress is really cute. i don't think it's plain at all but i think your idea with the added swan with that fabric would be amazing! haha it's up to you really but i'm sure it'll look fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
hepburnlady
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007 10:00:46 AM »

I like the first top, especially the fabric.  I had a craze of making these kinds of tops too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kratos
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007 10:37:52 AM »

Oooh, I love the t shirt dress!! I think it's simple, not plain, which I really like a lot. But a swan applique would be awesome too. I guess you really couldn't go wrong with that dress. Maybe if you made the applique a pin instead, you could add it to the dress and remove it when the mood strikes you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Wedding Hair Advice
How to Create an 'Up Do' Hairstyle
How to Cut Rounded Bangs
Block Coloring a British (Bob Haircut)
How to Hold Hairdressing Scissors
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...