A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Litter box cake!!!!!  (Read 6176 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 28, 2007 03:29:40 PM »

I made a delicious but disgusting looking cake for halloween last night. It was a big hit with everyone who saw it and it was seriously the best tasting cake I have ever had in my life! The recipe and more details are on my blog. I modified it to make it healthier Smiley

http://peaceloveandcrafts.blogspot.com/2007/10/litterbox-cake-and-revelations-3.html

<3 what do you think?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007 01:42:19 PM by EmilyFlew - Reason: edited to add direct link to blog post » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'appleandtree.etsy.com')

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
QuickFlops
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007 03:51:29 PM »

I love it! I made one years ago and need to make another!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethinAK
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007 03:53:11 PM »

another message board I frequent posted this recipe some time ago, and I never tried it because I heard it was not great tasting - I'm glad to hear that its a matter of taste.

Yours came out EXCELLENT. Really great looking!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewingLori
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007 03:55:42 PM »

That is so oooooooo gross! Ugh! I hope to make it one day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meme555
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007 03:59:53 PM »

I so wanted to make one of these for work but was told it was too gross to hand out to customers.  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daiconharuko
Daikon Eklectik

this daikon is eklectik

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007 04:02:22 PM »

For someone who has had cats all her life... this is sooooo rad!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StookeyDough
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007 04:06:49 PM »

sooo funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmysIntoWishin
Live the Life you Love

Loving New Mommyhood

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007 04:14:55 PM »

Eeeewwwwww.  That is nastilicious.  =oP
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥I LIVE the Handmade Pledge!♥
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007 04:21:17 PM »

thanks guys! it really is pretty nasty looking. my boyfriend helped me make it and he was amazed by how realistic it looked. he said it didn't look like a cake meant to look like a litterbox it actually looked like a litterbox.

i really think it was delicious tasting. i think the vanilla oreos were key. Other sandwich cookies (especially cheap ones) could really affect the taste!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
LillyBaby
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007 04:23:46 PM »

ewww thats soooo gross. but sooooo cool. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that13 gurl13

I Love My Teddy!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007 04:28:43 PM »

i love it!!! i want one!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"'Oh sweet Jesus, a boob! She's making a BOOB!!!'" --InkFaery
"...with every good bye you learn"

"as long as Im alive, imma live illegal" ~ Sublime
Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007 04:59:12 PM »

That's so well done I just threw up in my mouth a little....

I mean that in the very best way possible Grin
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007 05:00:06 PM by Scatter Kincaid - Reason: to add a note of seriousness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesa
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007 07:06:16 PM »

ok, this is by far the coolest cake I have ever seen! I am making one for dh for his birthday next year...or maybe for someone else sooner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Souldier

make mini ramps... not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007 07:59:16 PM »

YES! YES! YEESS!
I have to make this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://souldier.etsy.com
Handbags, trinkets, and oddities that truly allow you to march to your own beat.

http://petsouldiers.etsy.com
A place where pets and their owners can march to their own beat!

http://marching-souldier.blogspot.com/
A place where I vent. Ha!
Mienna
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007 08:08:20 PM »

That is AWESOME!!! I love it, going to blog to get more details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebluegirl
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007 12:00:12 AM »

That is too real looking! I saw the lil mini pic and I was like, that's a cat litter tray. With poop in. Someone on Craftster posted a poop-filled cat litter tray. Hmm and ewww! Gross but great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pepperhem
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007 12:01:53 AM »

oh no you diiin't!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007 12:17:23 AM »

WOW, you know I heard about this kind of "dessert" and my husband didn't believe me! I will have to show him how. I will say I am amazed at how realistic it is. But I am not sure I will be able to eat anytime soon. Please tell me you didn't use the scooper to serve it. Actually i hope you did Smiley UGH, but yeah awesome. Time to take some bonine Smiley

brooke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007 12:39:23 AM »

Well, it makes me want to vomit. But I guess that's the point. In that case, good job. Smiley I hope it tasted better than it looks. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
violentlyknits
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007 01:56:22 AM »

eeeww! that is such a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you take the things you like, and try to love the things you took.
charmcity
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007 02:33:08 AM »

I used to make that all the time.  I haven't made it in years, though.  Not since I made it as a joke for a cat hating boyfriend who took great offense!  Needless to say, that was the end of THAT relationship...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Szecsuanee
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007 04:40:29 AM »

This is hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Movies are like an expensive form of therapy for me.

My blog: http://knotatallblog.blogspot.com
allthatglitters
ready-to-wear is for pussies

Will rob bank for embroidery machine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007 04:43:37 AM »

I was truly thinking "WTF? Cat litter with si- inside... on craftster???" when i saw the thumbnail on the main site.  Grin

This is definately the most vomit enducing cake i've seen so far!!!  Grin

It beats:
- the goatse cake (a marzipan "goatse" as the top layer on a chocolate cake)
- the corpse cake (a trunk shaped cake, with torn limbs and gummy worm veins, iced with lots of strawberry sauce)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...why buy it when you can make it yourself?
alphabits
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007 06:34:52 AM »

Oh my god I have to make one of these for my boyfriend! HAHA!! He HATES cleaning the litter box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HalfBrit
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007 07:32:19 AM »

I made this one year and it was a flop where my husband worked- no one wanted to eat it for fear of ridicule, but then I took it to a pot-luck dinner at the volunteer fire dept dinner and it was a huge hit!  And it really is the tastiest cake. 

I did one thing different- I mixed up a little honey with hot water and put it in a squeeze bottle.  Shook it up and then made some little "wet spots" in the litter and also put a bit on the sides as if a cat had sprayed on it, then threw a few crumbs onto that to stick.  It looked so nasty and so real, we loved it. 

I recommend this project very highly, it's a hoot and makes a huge cake for a party.  Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007 08:22:33 AM »

I was wondering why someone posted a used litterbox...

well done, where might we find the recipe? found where you say it's in your blog
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007 08:58:07 AM by ragdoll193 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
sgr8hse
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007 08:31:30 AM »

Excellent!!! 

I made one last year and everyone took photo. It looked so real I couldn't bear to taste it but I heard it was good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007 09:38:47 AM »

AHHH!!! The honey water to make pee marks is SO CUTE... um by cute I mean utterly gross.

I did serve it with the pooper scooper Smiley

Thanks so much everyone!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree

Happy*Hedgehog
Check me out at Etsy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007 09:59:56 AM »

That is so gross, but so freaking cool. I want to make one of these for my MIL for her next birtday. I love her but she hates cats and she would fing freak. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heathersy

she came to recon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007 10:32:07 AM »

Great gross out gag. I love that you specified a new litter box in your recipe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cats know where my Sharpie went but they ain't tellin'.
savvysister
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007 10:32:41 AM »

uuuuugh!  That is soooo coool and soooo grooosss at the same time.  It just looks too real, I can't even believe it.   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BoredYetCynical
durka durka

Hey, Hey, I wanna be a rock star.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007 10:35:47 AM »

That is definitely a little box that my future brother in law wouldn't mind cleaning out, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is way beyond my remote concern of being condescending"

Baby Sean Born on Nov. 11th 2007
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007 11:44:18 AM »

thanks guys! it really is pretty nasty looking. my boyfriend helped me make it and he was amazed by how realistic it looked. he said it didn't look like a cake meant to look like a litterbox it actually looked like a litterbox.

i really think it was delicious tasting. i think the vanilla oreos were key. Other sandwich cookies (especially cheap ones) could really affect the taste!

Ha   Cheesy  I have been staring at it for a couple of minutes thinking, "This person whom i've never met on the internet is crazy for passing off a litter box as a 'cake' she made! Pff..."  Then I noticed the little 'kitty treats' were a bit too glossy to be real. 

This is definitely disgusting but very awesome!!  I want to make one.  I love cakes that resemble something else.  This is craptastic  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007 12:39:55 PM »

Ha   Cheesy  I have been staring at it for a couple of minutes thinking, "This person whom i've never met on the internet is crazy for passing off a litter box as a 'cake' she made! Pff..."  Then I noticed the little 'kitty treats' were a bit too glossy to be real. 

This is definitely disgusting but very awesome!!  I want to make one.  I love cakes that resemble something else.  This is craptastic  Roll Eyes
Haha...its not a real litterbox I swear!!! You can kind of see the pudding leaking out on the sides...
They are kind of glossy. my boyfriend got really into molding them and carved into them with a knife to give them more texture and make them shine less.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree

Ribble-icious
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007 12:59:34 PM »

LOL...I love this idea!!  Although it grosses me out, but I just might make it for the fun of it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007 02:49:24 PM »

Haha...its not a real litterbox I swear!!! You can kind of see the pudding leaking out on the sides...
They are kind of glossy. my boyfriend got really into molding them and carved into them with a knife to give them more texture and make them shine less.

I just saw your blog and recipe for this. MMM I'm going to make this in a couple of weeks for a going-away-party-cake.  The person for whom I'm making it is a disgusting person and she's always saying that I'm disgusting.   This will prove her right once and for all!

By the way, the tootsie roll poop is great.  Absolutely great.  It really looks like kitty poop.  I'm just in awe of this cake.  So, was the apple sauce better than the oil or can I still use oil?  I have a ton of oil which is why I'm asking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
kelliz
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007 03:09:41 PM »

That is sooooo funny! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007 03:38:09 PM »

so disgustingly beautiful! I love it!

Eve
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
Laylabean

The shadows are just as important as the light.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007 05:51:39 PM »

That is absolutely disgusting and brilliant all at once. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skoo
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007 05:54:14 PM »

That is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!  Awesome! 

Did the cake get eaten at all at the party?  Maybe if a piece was taken out so they could see it was yummy cake underneath... what am i talking about- who cares, more for you right? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bronzfrog
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007 05:56:18 PM »

That is so disgustingly awesome and something I would make.
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com')
Mariaaa
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007 06:03:48 PM »

thats funny
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BreadnBadger

Badgers give me strength

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007 07:09:21 PM »

This is amazing! I saw the pic on the featured page, and had to know what kind of craft involved a dirty litter box.

I can't wait to make one for my crazy-cat-lady sister's birthday!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.breadandbadger.com
Modern hand-etched glass homegoods and pendants

http://www.breadandbadger.etsy.com
Etsy shop for Bread and Badger

http://www.silversquirrel.etsy.com
Discounted handmade jewelry--Home of the Giant Goldfish Pendant!
fiberartist219
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007 07:22:09 PM »

That is so nasty. I was wondering why someone would post a picture of poop on craftster, and then when I read that it was cake, I wanted to throw up. I'm glad it tasted good, but at the same time, it looks so real that I can't imagine anyone eating it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
digitallasagna
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2007 07:33:39 PM »

Haha. That's hilarious. I think I need to make this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethinAK
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2007 08:25:10 PM »

I showed this to my mother who loved it.  This is going to be one dessert option for my parents 50th anniversary party in june (my mother thought it was perfect to serve to my dads relatives, haha) - my nieces and I will make it.  Will be FUN!

We are now searching for other gross dessert options - so keep us in mind if you see anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2007 09:59:20 PM »

As to the oil question- I used applesauce because I didn't have any oil and it is healthier that way. The original recipe called for oil so that should be fine.

Oh and NONE of the cake got eaten at the party. Well thats not true- I ate some of it, but no one else wanted any. I guess it was too gross looking. My mom said  it was probably like green ketchup- you know it will taste good but its just weird to eat. I don't care-- more for me!!! My boyfriend and I already polished off the WHOLE THING!!!! thats how good it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree

montyfull
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2007 09:41:07 PM »

I know this is gross, but I love the little poo hanging off the side. So true to life. *glares at her cat*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Everything in moderation...even moderation. ~

my wists: http://www.wists.com/montyfull
I'm open for personal swaps!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Justin Timberlake Performs in Custom Tom Ford
CMA Awards Best and Worst Dressed
Elevator Makeover - Creating the Perfect Job Interview Look
Elevator Makeover - Dressing for a High School Reunion
Elevator Makeover - Dressing for a Job Search
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...