A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,799
Currently Running With Scissors:
740 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: opinions,pretty please! (pics of display thingy for 1st craft shows)  (Read 2751 times)
Tags for this thread: blanket , display  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 28, 2007 02:14:09 PM »

i'm entering 2 craft shows that are a day apart, and i don't expect to have time to change much when i learn from the first. i've been lurking here and reading posts, and thank you everyone for all the wonderful insight into what to bring!

hmmm... i make baby clothes, stroller blankets, bibs, burp cloths, mei tais (it's a baby carrier)... and i found this weird thing at the salvation army last week. just wondering how it looks to anyone else for displaying stroller blankets. i know for sure i have wall space to lean it on at one show, at the other i may need to affix it to my table. the shows are the beginning of december, so plenty of time to figure that out...

anyway, i'm trying to decide how to put them on the rack thingy...

[these are not color coordinated or anything, i just mean the way they're placed on the rack}

if i do them this way you can see the fur on the other side easily, and there are different colors backing the same pattern blankets, so people would get a better idea of what's there without having to ask. ( i suspect they'd ask anyway(roll eyes)...)

in this picture, it's different on both sides. on the left you can see more of each blanket, but fewer fit. on the right they're tucked in and you can see the least, but it looks neater, and fits more...and as shown on the blanket on the top left, i could display the coordinating burp cloths with their blankets...

i'm kinda leaning toward the right-hand side of the second pic, it seems cleaner to me. but prolly with a more limited color palette...
 the first one seems too messy, even if it was color coordinated more, plus i'd be selling off the rack some of the time, so it wouldn't necessarily stay color coordinated with the fronts and fur backings changing...
 in person i think you can see the fur well enough to tell what's on the back of the one you may be looking at, even tucked in. just wondering what anyone else thinks. life would be easier if only one side mattered...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007 02:34:20 PM by ammasmama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007 12:40:17 AM »

I agree that the second pic looks cleaner.  (I like the look on the right the best.)  People are probably going to want to see and feel the fur side up close, so even if it is displayed you'd still be pulling them off to show people.  Just my opinion.  Smiley  Also, I love the stuff you post on Craftster so hopefully the people at the fair are smart and snap up your items! 
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007 08:23:08 AM »

I agree that the second pic looks cleaner.  (I like the look on the right the best.)  People are probably going to want to see and feel the fur side up close, so even if it is displayed you'd still be pulling them off to show people.  Just my opinion.  Smiley  Also, I love the stuff you post on Craftster so hopefully the people at the fair are smart and snap up your items! 
Good luck!

i think it'll be easy enough to tuck them back in if someone wants to see the fur on one, and i'll have some on the table that they can touch. i just imagine folding them all,and having such a mess, because they're so fuzzy and soft, people will touch compulsively even if they're not buying, i would! it would be such a messy table display!! and thanks, i haven't posted lately, i keep making orders that are things i already made, and making new things i forget to photograph before i ship. silly! i will definitely make a post about how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Circlesofstone
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007 05:48:23 AM »

I like the idea of the second pic on the right since you can get more of your items out, but I also like seeing the coordinating fabric like you show in the first picture. How about a compromise? You could have just the first two hanging at the top with the sides pulled back like in the first pic, but the rest hanging below it like the second pic at the right? I hope that makes sense...

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007 11:52:37 AM »

i makes sense, and it sounds like a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the 3 Best Hairstyles For Fine Hair
How to Go from Long to Short Hair
What Are the Best Layered Haircuts For Thin Hair?
What Are the 2 Best Haircuts With Side Bangs?
What Are the 4 Best Haircuts For Long Hair?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...