A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Discworld Swap Gallery  (Read 8660 times)
Tags for this thread: discworld  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlebluegirl
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2007 10:53:51 AM »

That scarf is one of the most amazing, most beautiful things I have ever, ever, EVER seen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2007 11:09:27 AM »

I'm happy you like your package LauPre and that the shirt fits! My mum saw it and now I will have to make one for her too  Cheesy
I've made a hat like the feegle hat for myself too and I can attest that it's prefect for bad hair day  Cool

Ok and now to the wonderfull package I got from you LauPre. I figured I wouldn't have the time tomorrow to take photos, so excuse the bad after dark photos.

First have a look at the box and imagine that everything was wrapped in the white paper(which also has little fun notes on it):

I was a bit stumped what to write in response to the question what item I really would like to received, but a quick look through my room revealed that what I really could need was a jewellry box. I only had a tiny one before, look where my jewellry will be from now on(instead of dangling from the table lamp or on various surface throughout my room  Roll Eyes):

It's an iconograph! Can't believe it has been your first try at something like that and I can't see any imperfections.

Next is a pincushion hat from Granny and seamstress kit with the guild logo:

Don't the pins look fun? The pincushion idea is just fab!

Oh, and LauPre's daughter helped too and made me this Tiffany Aching puppet, a perfect bookmark if you ask me! I think it's so great you craft with your daughter, tell her I love it!

OMG!!!! No, that wasn't all yet, the best is yet to come. I love screenprinted things, mostly because screenprinting is a mystery to me(and will remain one, I really don't need to add another craft to my list Cool). And again I can't believe that this is a rather new craft to you.
I am a computer science student, so the parts/books Hex is in are some of my favorits. Therefore LauPre quoted Hex and put that not just on this shirt, but also on a great bag:

The shirt fits perfectly, don't worry. It's definately more a small than the medium it pretends to be. Actually since I have hips, I would think that a smaller size would have been to small around the hips. This one is just right!
And the bag already got used today as my new university bag. It's big enough to hold all the essentials of paper, scripts, food, water bottle and lots of candy  Grin

Thanks again LauPre, swapping with you has been lots of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2007 01:16:47 PM »

Phizzy recieved and then got whisked off for a romantic day or two .../ jelous. I'll wait to see if her pics are any better than mine.
(posting so it'll come up again)

I have received, and I love, love, love everything, I'm so sorry I haven't had chance to post! Undecided

I couldn't believe it when I went to the Correos and they handed me such a huge box! Cheesy
I'm going to have to do the photo's in two installments as some of the photo's managed to get lost when I downloaded them so I'm going to take more tomorrow. Prepare for lots of photo's as everything is so incredible and thoughtful! Penlowe has completely outdone herself! Everything had quotes and notes on so it was great fun to open everything and read them all.

So, in these first pictures we have...
A beautifully wrapped parcel! I'm definitely going to put this Egyptian paper to good use, it's wonderful!
There's a wand which came with instructions about making sure I hold the right end and other things to beware of which I am unable to read because the sheet is torn...but they can't be important Wink There's also a bottle of Nanny Oggs Scumble which has so much detail on it that I believe it must be the real thing, it has a seal and everything!

What's inside the wrapping?
Recon'd Luggage! Grin Isn't it beautiful? I love the green so much so I absolutely adore this painted luggage.

And opened up? Thankfully no sharp teeth, but...
The lid has elastic hoops and a magnet to hold things (spools of thread fit very well) and a pincushion, and there are trays for smaller bits and bobs inside. All the inside is beautifully covered, I can't wait to start arranging all my treasures in it! Grin

And inside the box? Well, I'm not going to say what else was in there just now, you'll have to wait for the next pictures tomorrow. But there are amazing things! Ooh, I'm such a tease! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2007 01:41:48 PM »

You ARE a tease! Tease! tease!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
SpottedFrog
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2007 02:17:14 PM »

ah, something let go (it probably fell to the bottom of the box)- the center leopard print section in the lid (the lumpy part) is magnets, for the non-pin stuff to go there : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2007 02:22:00 PM »

Yes, it was in the bottom, the last thing I saw, but it's saved for pics tomorrow Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PandaShrew

Roller derby is the best cult EVER!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2007 04:38:07 PM »

Which book is the Watch slogan from (or is it)?  Even though I know diem is day, and not seize, I keep reading that as "Seize the pink fabric!"  Grin

Can it please mean “seize the pink fabric” l dont know why but that made me laugh so hard
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Also known as Scourge of Quad

Would love to do a personal swap for a Zecora!
lamantin
Procraftinator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2007 11:22:18 PM »

This gallery makes me very very happy and a little bit sad I couldn't join. You people are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hulk angry! Hulk STASH! /  http://procraftinator.wordpress.com
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2007 09:03:12 AM »

And here is the rest of the gargantuan Discworld haul I received from Penlowe! Grin

Highland Lancre Trapped Firefly

Vial of beauty (which is beautifully made), bookmark and stalk scissors

Lovely headbands

ATC's business card style!

Magrat's jewellery & box

and in action:

And dress which is beautifully made and fits me perfectly! Thank you so much Penlowe, as you can see, I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2007 10:20:29 AM »

I got mine today from Phizzy (yay early Saturday mail delivery!!)

Oh....My...God!!! really fantastic package and so much thought put in! If I took pictures of everything individually it would be 5 pages long...

Phase 1:

Shrug! (which I have been wanting one for ever so long!) done in Agnes kNitt style.Great little handbag (Also Agnes'), ATC's in a case that I can also use for business cards, my very own Igor pincushion broch!, some of Perditia's jewelry, his & hers Sam & Lady Sybil note books (my hubby is a Discworld fan too: )) A Cripple Mr. Onion 8 suit deck and instructions!!

Phase 2:

A sleep mask for when I go Borrowing, note cards (actually useable for postcards!)- I think when my kids get in trouble I'm going to whip out the Vetinari ones on them-
Jewelry for my girls! (also from the Watch Evidence lockers) a matched set so there's no arguments!

Evidence bags from the Watch, including: Nobby's verified statement that he is human (hubby tried to keep that!), some Shiny Things (beads, spangles, glittery bits! all of which are very useful), and some more beautiful jewelry, 2 pair earrings and 2 more necklaces!! I'm set, no need to shop for jewelry for me for a while!
Fun stuff from The Boffo Novelty shop in A-M: moustache disguise kit & frogs! (to add to my collection)

Such a fantastic swap- Thank you again to my partner and thanks Esmeralda for being a great organizer!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007 10:30:30 AM by Penlowe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Face Portrait
How to Draw a Domestic Dog
How to Draw a Domestic Cat
How to Use an Airbrush
How to Choose a Paintbrush
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...