A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Trinity Stitch Hat (tons of pix!) *Now with Pattern!*  (Read 89737 times)
Tags for this thread: slouchy_hat , hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tephra
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2008 06:55:16 PM »

Finally have photos of the two I made before the worsted pattern was out.

The first one:

Big hat is Big. Too big, but I still wear it. Smiley

The second:

The band is still be a bit big (and also my first "provisional tail" tubular cast on could have used smaller needles) but it's a better fit. If I make a third I think I'll get it right. But since it's been in the 50s the last couple days I think hat season is over until autumn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2008 08:04:04 PM »

I'm not really sure who I will knit this for.. but it will be knitted!! Oh, and is that actually your tattoo on your arm? Cause that's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
instantkarma
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2008 01:13:15 PM »

I can't knit, but I came in here to both compliment you on your heart and your dragonfly tattoo. The colors you chose for both are very pretty and compliment you well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
subliminalrabbit
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2008 10:03:55 AM »

Decrease 5-into-1:
slip 3 sts (one at a time); *pass 2nd st on right needle over first (center stitch); sl center st back to left needle, pass next st over it;* repeat between *s once more; (P1, K1, P1) into remaining stitch
-----------------
Decrease Row:
Next row (row 1 of pattern): Decrease 5-into-1 (directions above); continue in Trinity Stitch Pattern (starting with K3tog) to next marker; Slip marker; Decrease next 5 sts into 1; continue in this way across the row. (88 sts)

first of all, thank you SO much for a lovely pattern!  i'm in the midst of knitting up this worsted weight version and am struggling quite a bit with the decreases, as the stitch markers seem to end up in the middle of the "repeat between *'s once more" bits so i feel like either 1) i'm doing the decreases totally wrong, or 2) this hasn't been optimized to take into account the stitch marker placement and the fact that this version is being knit right-side out?  i don't know - i'd LOVE some advice!  i keep having to rip out and it's no fun.

thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a little city knitter in a big, big world.

http://www.subliminalrabbit.com
ravelry id: subliminalrabbit
Tephra
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2008 02:59:18 PM »

Decrease 5-into-1:
slip 3 sts (one at a time); *pass 2nd st on right needle over first (center stitch); sl center st back to left needle, pass next st over it;* repeat between *s once more; (P1, K1, P1) into remaining stitch
-----------------
Decrease Row:
Next row (row 1 of pattern): Decrease 5-into-1 (directions above); continue in Trinity Stitch Pattern (starting with K3tog) to next marker; Slip marker; Decrease next 5 sts into 1; continue in this way across the row. (88 sts)

first of all, thank you SO much for a lovely pattern!  i'm in the midst of knitting up this worsted weight version and am struggling quite a bit with the decreases, as the stitch markers seem to end up in the middle of the "repeat between *'s once more" bits so i feel like either 1) i'm doing the decreases totally wrong, or 2) this hasn't been optimized to take into account the stitch marker placement and the fact that this version is being knit right-side out?  i don't know - i'd LOVE some advice!  i keep having to rip out and it's no fun.

thanks so much!

The instructions read okay to me. You slip the marker, then slip the next three stitches one at a time. Then you pass the second stitch on the right needle (stitch 2 after the marker) over the first (stitch 3), then slip that to the left needle and pass stitch 4 over it, slip it back to the right needle and pass stitch 1 over it, slip it back to the left needle and pass the next stitch over and so you have passed stitches 2, 4, 1, and 5 over stitch 3.  Then k, p, k in the stitch. Since it's all happening over the 5 stitches after the marker your marker should remain outside the stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrentKnits
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2008 03:46:57 PM »

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I started a hat with a variation of trinity stitch and wasn't sure how to decrease the stitches.  Your instructions worked perfectly!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rocknrollfun

i live in the church of craft & everyday's sunday.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2008 06:33:05 AM »

Love this pattern, and this stitch is one of my favorites!!  I'm using it for a baby blanket now, and this beret is going on my Christmas knit-list for a friend.  Beautiful work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subliminalrabbit
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2008 05:09:28 PM »

here's a version i knit in nashville on a work trip.  love it!  now if only it was cold enough here in sunny socal so i could wear it.  ><

THIS ROCKS   Logged

a little city knitter in a big, big world.

http://www.subliminalrabbit.com
ravelry id: subliminalrabbit
SugarySweet
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2008 12:19:35 PM »

Oh sweet Wist! This is really pretty. I love the way that stitch looks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Schlieren
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2008 07:47:10 PM »

Great Hat!  I can't wait to cast on my own.
One question though, what does the 'm1' in your directions stand for?
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Assign and Convert Profile
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set Keyboard Shortcuts
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set Color Settings
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set Your Personal Preferences
How to Use the Directional Blur Effect in After Effects
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...