A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,741
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crazy Cat Lady Help?  (Read 967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DogGrrl
« on: October 26, 2007 10:40:08 PM »

Heya!

So, I am going to two parties tomorrow night and didnt have a costume until about an hour ago yikes!  Then it hit me go as the crazy cat lady (think Simpsons)! Comfy, funny and fun!

So, tomorrow I plan on hitting Target for a nightgown, beige half-calf stockings, slippers, ugliest bathrobe I can find, glasses and stuffed cats to safety-pin all over me.  Any additional suggestions?

My big question though is what to do with my hair?  I have medium length blond hair (a color that I assure you has never been seen in nature!  Cheesy). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhino
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007 04:59:44 AM »

what about thrift stores? the robes/gown will be more worn Smiley would stamp cat designs all over the nightie that would be cool.
cover your hair with a wig tatter it spray with spray back comb it and put in  pony tail Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
Out of Habit (Ani Difranco)
http://www.rhino.etsy.com
woahitsmikayla
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007 05:51:56 AM »

you could stamp cat paw prints on your robe?
oh and for your hair, when i think of cat lady, i think of older women. maybe get some gray in it? make it stringy somehow? or you could always throw it up in a messy bun. that's what i think of but i'm not too sure about the simpsons allusion
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethz0r
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007 07:08:41 AM »

Second hand stuff is the way to go, unless you can find something stunningly ugly at the supermarket. I would get that spray-in hair colour to do your hair. The spray makes it look all dry and gross anyway, so it'll help with crazy old lady hair. Just scrunch dry your hair so it's kind of wavy-ish, maybe backcomb a bit and then spray the crap out of it with gray/white temporary spray.

I really want to see the finished costume though. It's an awesome idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FairyWings
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007 08:30:52 PM »

cat hair stauck on the clothing would be a nice addition. when you live with enough cats , nothing is untouched by their fur.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DogGrrl
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007 01:30:49 AM »

Thanks so much guys!

I won first prize at a costume contest tonight!

Yay! I LOVE Craftster!

Oh, btw, Target had NOTHING so I went to the mecca of all things "old lady"...... Sears! 

I was checking out and the clerk actually said, "What a pretty house coat, I have to get one for my mom"!!!!  Sears ROCKS!  Oh and by the way, the housecoat (at Sears they call it a "duster") is so roomy and comfy it just may replace my usual sweats!  Geez, the older I get the more I understand my Grandma!

Seriously, you have to check out the "duster"!!!  Ugly, yeah but when you are crafting who cares? right?.....right?.........umm, yeah, well, sorta...........right?  I just bought three............
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007 01:45:52 AM by DogGrrl - Reason: duster love! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bonsai kitten
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007 05:12:48 AM »

wow, do you have a pic of your costume?
would love to see that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Grayscale Sliders in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Work With Vibrance and Saturation Sliders in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Work With Clipping Warnings in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Adjust Exposure in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Adjust White Balance in Camera Raw 4.0
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...