A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 305,019
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need invite ideas to beat last years invites!  (Read 622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovelyislacey
« on: August 06, 2008 01:39:26 PM »

I know its a bit early but hey it take a lot of planning for a good spooky party!

Anyway last year I did marthas finger invites (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=201905.0  for those who would like to take a look) They were a huge hit with everyone but this year I want to try and do something better but have come up with very little  Undecided

So give me some ideas to top last years invites.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

osseti
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008 10:39:58 AM »

is there a theme to your party?  maybe you could do something along the lines of your theme.  like if you were doing a pirate party you could send out a weathered treasure map.

if you have no theme, how about something like a blood spattered rag?

when my household used to throw its big annual halloween bash, i used to do web site invites, complete with flash introduction and photo pages from previous years.  everybody loved it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
HopeF
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008 10:53:58 AM »

hmm, this is a good question.  I also sent out these type of invites last year(mine weren't as good looking as yours).

How about the message in a bottle invite.  I think they sell those on oriental trading.

Or get the little box or envelope and make little witch brooms.  I've been playing around with making little witch brooms on my blog(http://getsboredeasily.blogspot.com)
maybe with a tag line that says "Fly over to our house on October 23rd for a frightfully good halloween party" or make up your own tag line I'm not very good at them.

A CD with the invite printed on the label with pictures of last years halloween party. The tag could say something like "Come see what all the excitement is about...You're invited to the Johnson's Annual Halloween Party on October 23rd.

A picture of a witch with a picture of your guests face on it...Tag...It wouldn't be a party without you!  Please plan on flying over to our house on October 23rd..

A bag or box full of wiggly eyes that says "Eye think you should come to the annual Halloween party on October 23rd"

A pocket mirror with a tag that says "Open this to see who is invited to our halloween party this year." 

OK, I'm getting a little crazy...but good to get some brainstorming going..

Hope

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Trends: Sleek Ponytails
Brigitte Bardot Hair Tutorial
Bob Hair Trend At 2013 Emmys
Hair Loss In Women, A Growing Problem
Going Brunette: What to Know Before Embracing the Dark Side
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...