A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i can't reclaim my screen!  (Read 742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

capitanjen
« on: October 25, 2007 06:55:15 PM »

i burned my screen yesterday, but when i washed it out, the emulsion didnt turn out right, so i tried to reclaim it... but its not coming off!! a majority of it has already washed right out of the screen when i put on the chemical remover, but there are certain areas where it isnt coming off at all! it might have been because i used old emulsion (10 months old =X). im freaking out because i this is my nicest screen! can anyone please help me? ive used bleach and the chemical remover already. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fght ff yr dmns. crft n yr slp.
DirkDynamo
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007 12:19:56 PM »

once you let the emulsion remover dry in the screen, it is almost impossible to get the emulsion out. most instructions on the emulsion remover say something to this effect. you could try to use emulsion remover again and just keep scrubbing it with a scrub brush, but it might take a half hour or more before it all comes out. so your best option is going to be pressure washing it out. Only pressure wash your screens if they are very durable- they have to withstand the washing, and the tighter the mesh the easier it will come out. You can go to a coin operated car wash place (where you wash your car yourself, not the automated ones) and use the high power plain water setting if you don't have access to a pressure washer around the house. Try not to get pneumonia though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man Book Trailer
Meet Author Stef Penney
Ian Falconer Talks About Olivia Goes to Venice
Gwyn Cready Talks About Aching for Always
Justin Somper Gives Some Answers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...