I know it's a little late to be posting Thanksgiving ideas, but I just found this picture on my computer and thought I'd share.
This is a really easy Thanksgiving decoration that my students did for centerpieces at our school's Thanksgiving feast. I thought this one in particular had a really funny look on its face.
What you need:
How to make it:
1. On card stock draw a head, 2 wings and a tail for the turkey.
2. Cut out the body parts and color the other sides. (Leave a tab on the edges that will go into the apple.
3. Use a butter knife to cut slits into the apple where the body parts will attach.
4. Stick the head, wings and tail into the apple. (Some kids put the tail in vertically so it looks more like a traditional turkey tail.)
5. Put a tooth pick under the wings to keep them sticking out.
6. Put at least three toothpicks on the bottom of the apple (tripod style) to hold the apple up.
7. Voila! You have a weird little apple turkey to stick in the middle of your Thanksgiving table.