A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,673
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Ornament Swap Rnd 3 GALLERY  (Read 20060 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2007 04:17:35 PM »

ok gals, I'll be on vacation from 11/9-11/13 so you probably won't hear from me but please still PM me when you send/receive and I'll update everything when I get back...

if you need something to entertain your Christmas loving selves try making snowflakes - bet you can't make just one  Cheesy

We played with this website a few days ago (after I'd looked it up from last year).  Amazingly, my 4 year old's snowflakes turned out better than mine.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
critterpants
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2007 08:08:37 PM »

I just received two packages today!  From pinokeeo, I got two ornaments--one is an origami star with a button on each side and the other is a cute wreath made from painted wooden beads.  I especially love that one because some of the beads look like little wooden spools!

Here they are together:

Here are some close-ups:

I also received from Avesthel who sent an amazingly crafted tree ornament.  It is made from silver nickel wire that she hammered so it would be extra reflective on my Christmas tree.  I love it and can't wait until the time to hang it up. 

Here is the whole package: (It came in a cute little cloth bag)

Here is a close-up:

I don't know why my pictures are so small...Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007 08:09:55 PM by critterpants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

greybird
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2007 08:48:45 PM »

Oh, I really like that star ornament! 

Yay!  Glad it arrived and that you like it!  Smiley

I took some pictures before I shipped them off, but they didn't turn out very well.  It was hard to get the hammered texture in focus.  Maybe because the light was so bright in the pictures.  Hopefully you can see a bit of the texture here: 

I really really like how the texturing came out, but I wish the other shapes I made had turned out.  One thing I learned when hammering metal... it gets very very thin where the metal overlaps itself  and will break.  Sad  So, the only shape that really turned out well was the tree. 

My hope is that the facets the hammering created will really sparkle and shine when the tree lights hit them.  Smiley  I am going to make one for my tree too.  Cheesy 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007 08:52:25 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

panul
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2007 04:58:51 AM »

It's so much fun to see how creative you all are. I love that origami star - the buttons were a great touch. And that hammered wire is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
straw_holder

still striving for perfection...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2007 08:11:58 AM »

I love that wooden bead one that looks like spools.  That is fabulous!

And that hammered tree is amazing too.

All of the ornaments so far have been gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greybird
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2007 09:53:17 AM »

Aww, thanks! 

Oh, great tip for taking pics without a flash.  I'll try that for sure next time I have something very reflective.  Great link too!  thanks!  Smiley 

I used a soft silver nickel wire, fairly large gauge. (18?).  Then I have a little tiny anvil and a hammer like this:
http://www.jewelrysupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_196&products_id=5219

I bent it into the shape I wanted with pliers, then hammered both sides of the ornament on the anvil.  Randomly to give it lots of little odd facets.  I hadn't thought of trying to bend it after I hammered it.  I'll definitely try that next time.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

keeperrox
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2007 05:20:33 AM »

I'm finally getting a chance to post the ornaments that ollieorange sent.  Daylight Savings Time is really putting a crimp into my picture taking.  By the time I get home from work, it's way too dark!

Anyway, on to the goods:

Here are both of my ornaments, the same cute felted ball that others received, but mine has Christmas trees on it!  Not bad for her first time needle felting, huh?  I also received a pretty blue, green, and clear icicle.  It's so delicate and absolutely adorable!

Close ups:

If you notice, the garland around the tree and the wavy wire around the icicle match.  Thank you ollieorange, I love them both!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007 05:21:26 AM by keeperrox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ollieorange
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2007 05:49:45 AM »

Actually, it's not my first time needle felting- I just used a different technique than I had before on these. I'm really glad everyone like their ornaments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

keeperrox
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2007 06:00:56 AM »

Oh!  When your note said it was your first time making ornaments like these, I thought you meant needle felting all together.  Either way, I still love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoDakHoney
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2007 12:30:41 PM »

Here is my beautiful beaded wreath from Avesthel! I love it and I wish I could start decorating for Christmas...suppose I need to make it thru Thanksgiving first, tho!

My ornaments will be mailed tomorrow. Smiley

Sorry for not such a great picture, but it is really pretty!! Thanks again Avesthel. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:*CAiT
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How To Make Your Own Candy Canes
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie Bites
Pumpkin Pie Birthday Cake Recipe
How to Make Peppermint Ice Cream
How to Make Chocolate Coke Cake with Icing for Two
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...