A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Square-bottomed canvas bucket :: Now with TUTORIAL::  (Read 119724 times)
Tags for this thread: jordy_bag , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShannyAnn

please allow myself, to introduce myself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007 07:43:35 AM »

very cute. you know if you put a layer of plastic in it, it might make a nice cozy to cover a flower pot if you have some plants....now that i think about it, that's what i may do with my indoor plants....thanks! XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have O.C.D. - Obsessive Craftster Disorder!
www.shannyann.etsy.com
lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007 08:06:06 AM »

Oh, MAN!  I need to make some of these!!  My roommate and I are both knitters, and we really need something in the living room to keep our current favorite WIPs in... Oooh, I love!  I think I'm gonna go home and make one this afternoon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007 08:33:45 AM »

I made a round bucket (with a circle bottom) like this to store our video game controllers by the TV in Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
Neeterg
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007 08:45:20 AM »

I hate to be the only dumb one in the crowd but I've got a fog in my brain as to how this is made.  I know we're not supposed to ask BUT.....any chance of a tute?HuhHuh??

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Besosmom2
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007 09:22:42 AM »

That is really cute. I always see bags/boxes kind of like that at car stores. They are to sit in the back of an suv for storage... Yours is much better looking. I guess I never thought of trying to make one, but now that I have seen your construction, I might try. Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kargrrl

Everything is good Crafterall!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007 09:48:45 AM »

Craftster is THE BEST think tank I know!

Great ideas, everyone! My faves so far are:

* making something else (throw pillows, valances, coffee table cloth, etc.) out of the same fabrics and use the bucket as a matching accessory "catch-all"

* inserting a plastic tray and using it as a plant cozy

* filling it with guest room goodies (if only I had a guest room, sigh)

* kid stuff storage!

As for a tutorial, it is so much like the Jordy bag (tute link at bottom), I felt it would be a little redundant, but I could snap some pics of the few modifications I made and throw something together. Give me a day or so. Wink

Jordy's amazing little wonder bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malizindie
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007 10:53:27 AM »

I LOVE this! I would use it in my livingroom to house the rediculous amount of remotes we have Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Neeterg
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007 12:01:19 PM »

Craftster is THE BEST think tank I know!

Great ideas, everyone! My faves so far are:

* making something else (throw pillows, valances, coffee table cloth, etc.) out of the same fabrics and use the bucket as a matching accessory "catch-all"

* inserting a plastic tray and using it as a plant cozy

* filling it with guest room goodies (if only I had a guest room, sigh)

* kid stuff storage!

As for a tutorial, it is so much like the Jordy bag (tute link at bottom), I felt it would be a little redundant, but I could snap some pics of the few modifications I made and throw something together. Give me a day or so. Wink

Jordy's amazing little wonder bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0

Thanks for the link but some of the pictures aren't working so I notified the admin.  A few pics on your modifications and measurements would help a bunch.

Thanks so much,
NeeterG
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelila
geek.

nerd love.

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007 09:18:36 AM »

Yeah, I too would be interested in what measurements you used... I've made a couple jordies, aren't they the best ever? <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
silverfisch
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007 11:19:50 AM »

thank you SO much for the tutorial!! especially for the measurements. I'll try the 6 inches one and then explore other possibilities.

I think I know where I will use it:

use 1. make them fit in my shelve and store some yarn inside, as well as stash fabric and current crochet project

use 2. make them to fit my toilet shelve and store make up and all that small stuff you have just lying around because you don't know where to put it Tongue

as soon as I finish my first crochet octopuss I'll give this a try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Carroms
How to Make Finger Paints
How to Make an Accordion File from Envelopes
How to Make Trinket Melt-and-Pour Soap
How to Make a Paper Wallet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...