A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mrs showmehelen's wedding pics and crafty bits :)  (Read 16879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

showmehelen

*it's nice to be nice

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2007 03:19:57 AM »

Hurrah for weddings!!

My man and I finally tied the knot on the 15th September and it was sooooooo awesome!!
I found it SO stressful sorting everything out, but I can safely say now that it's over that every single second of stress and every tear was completely worthwhile and I honestly had the happiest day of my life!  Grin Grin Grin

I posted up pics of my invites and favours here already:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=186835.msg1956992#msg1956992

Anyhoo - here's the pics:

We had a really small ceremony in a registry office in the morning to sort out all the legal gubbins and then another larger ceremony with all our friends and family in the afternoon. We exchanged rings in the second ceremony.
I always used to wear this necklace that said "Miss Asp" on it, so in the morning ceremony, instead of exchanging rings, Tim swapped my old necklace for an updated Mrs Ward version I made specially for the occasion!:

I made my hat/veil thingy myself that morning with some millenery netting, a corsage and lots of hair grips - I thought it turned out pretty good  Smiley

We all had a change of outfit for the afternoon ceremony, so here's us:

my mum turned out to be some kind of floristry genius and did all the flowers for the whole day. I was so proud of her!:

Thanks a million to LoriHatesOkra for her guest book idea here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193247.0
We had a table in the room for the reception with the guest book on it. I designed printed out loads of extra pages for the guestbook that could be stuck into the book later and had them here with some instructions and loads of coloured pens and stuff. It turned out to be a real hit and everyone loved it! The results are hilarious and it makes me want to cry happy tears every time I read through all the messages!
Here are the pages:

with the table plan:

We were working to a strict budget with our wedding planning and we found this exhibition space near where we live that we could hire out relatively cheaply. The space is a redeveloped old paint factory and needed a whole lot of decorating to give it a party atmosphere. We solved the problem by using these paper balls suspended down from the ceiling from fishing line. We got them for free from Marks and Spencers (large UK chain store) who were using them as Christmas decorations last year. We called around loads of the stores last December and asked if we could have them once they were taken down as they were just going to throw them away. I was so pleased - they worked brilliantly and they didn't cost us a penny!!

Finally, a picture of our wedding rings which we designed and had made by a local designer:

Hope you like seeing all the pics!!
If you want to see the full set, they can be found here:
www.squirecreative. com/weddingphotos

Mrs Ward  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mickncrispy
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007 03:54:33 AM »

Oh yay, I get to be first to say congratulations on your awesome, crafty wedding.  I am totally jealous that you found those decorations for free!  I love the necklace swap idea and the guest book too.  Heck I love it all, including your dress for the afternoon ceremony.  Well done Mrs Ward!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ive got a perfect body, though sometimes I forget
Ive got a perfect body cause my eyelashes catch my sweat
Yes, they do, they do
Whaam
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007 04:09:31 AM »

wow. wow. WOW.  I love the decorations--the second to last picture is my favorite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazykittylady
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007 04:21:02 AM »

Congrats! I'm planning my wedding too! I love your guestbook pages! Is that the largest image you have of them? If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to use them! PM me!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah
=^..^=
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007 05:00:49 AM »

Wow, you are a gorrrrgeous bride!

I can't even choose which thing I like the most!  The free decoration were GENIUS, absolutely genius.  Total kudos to you for that score!  I love your dress and your ring and the necklace...aww...

I'm so happy for you!  Congratulations!

...now to look at the rest of your photos, woohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
shorty3boys

Life is short, JEEP nekid!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007 06:35:47 AM »

Very cool!
I love the pics! nd the rings are awesome!
My maiden name was Ward so I <3 your necklace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it at them hard enough Smiley

MY Wists.....
http://www.wists.com/dirtyjeepgirl75
Myspace.....
http://www.myspace.com/shorty3boys

My Ravelry ID: shorty3boys
neverseenblue
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007 06:56:45 AM »

wow - absolutely beautiful! Everything looks fantastic - the use of color is outstanding!! I'd love to hear more about how you made your headpiece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rylizbeth

I don't remember...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007 07:49:49 AM »

BEAUTIFUL! I'm completely jealous of how much fun your wedding looks. From head to toe you look fabulous, and the decorations are perfect. I love the photographs, the style, the backgrounds...
I am SO borrowing from you for my next wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovefindslove
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007 11:04:53 AM »

Amazing.

Did you make your dress? It is so beautiful, and you are absolutely stunning.

I love the old paint factory you guys had your wedding in and the free decor and the invitations on the other post. And your mom did a great job with the flowers too!

You guys are brilliant.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
showmehelen

*it's nice to be nice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007 11:31:20 AM »

YAY!!

thanks so much everyone for your very kind comments!!
It really was the best day ever  Grin

neverseenblue - My head piece in that first picture was so easy to make!
I bought a two half a metre lengths of millinery netting one in black and one in red and i gathered all the corners together and then a couple of pieces of the edging from each piece and just attached them together with a pin. I bouth the corsage from my local supermarket - (i think it cost 1.50!) and just used the pin from that. then i just used hair grips to hold the whole thing on the top of my head. You can kind of used the hair grips to style the netting into the right shape - really easy and it hardly cost a thing - hurrah!

lovefindslove - Thanks so much for your message! I didn't make the dress myself, it was made by a local dress designer as a catwalk piece. i had been looking for the right dress to buy for aaaaaages and then i unexpectantly stumbled across this at a fashion fair. I won't tell you how much it cost as it'll make you sick - but let's just say that it had 90% off it's original price - i couldn't believe my luck - it was absolutely PERFECT!!

shorty3boys - that's nice to hear!
i am still feeling slightly purturbed about having to give up my old surname, so having a new necklace to wear is definitely helping to soften the blow!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 10/10
How to Crochet a Jagged Chevron Part 4/5
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Jagged Chevron Part 5/5
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 3/10
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...