A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: For my girls, two more *from scratch!* (5img's)  (Read 909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SadieCass
« on: November 07, 2007 11:43:22 AM »

Well, I finally bit the bullet this week and dove into my girls last two home-made Christmas presents!  I wanted to make them some reversible jumpers...but I was making them from scratch...pattern and all.

In 2 hours I drafted the patterns (no template at all, just hand drawn ideas), attached them to the fabric and cut them out.

In 4 hours I pieced them together, stitched them up, and completed them!!

On both, I overcompensated for size, so they are BIG (definitely something to grow into)...but I'm still thrilled with them!!

First, for my older girl...This dress...I wanted box pleats on the skirt, but in a brief brain fart I didn't create a big enough pattern piece for that...so it got straight pleats instead, but I love them as much!!

I prefer the dark side...but I love them all!

And for my younger...

This one needs some adjustments, I made it WAY too wide int he back.  I'm going to tack it so that the straps meet, leaving a pleat in the back.

No action shots...as they don't fit very good...and my girls have been sick (and now I am Tongue).  But I had to show them off!  I'm sooo bloody proud of them...and my no pre-bought pattern self.

Sadie
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007 11:44:52 AM by SadieCass » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Talen05
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007 12:12:34 PM »

You should be proud!  The are gorgeous!  I'm going to have to get around to making something like this for my little girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007 01:54:40 PM »

nice job!  I'm impressed with your pattern drafting and the reversibility is a great idea - two dresses in one  Smiley

I'm also impressed in your ability to make clothing for your kids and then wait for months until christmas to put them into them and take pictures!  I usually forget to cut the last stray threads I'm usually in such a rush to try out new clothes for my monkey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SadieCass
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007 03:49:48 PM »

nice job!  I'm impressed with your pattern drafting and the reversibility is a great idea - two dresses in one  Smiley

I'm also impressed in your ability to make clothing for your kids and then wait for months until christmas to put them into them and take pictures!  I usually forget to cut the last stray threads I'm usually in such a rush to try out new clothes for my monkey.

Thanks!  I'm really proud of them...and I'm SUPER into reversible stuff these days!!!

Truth be told, I usually do put them on...and in fact, I did on these...and while the older girls (horses and flowers) outfit was close to fitting, the younger ones was NOWHERE near.  In my other two outfits (the patchwork dresses, and one knitted sweater for each) I have taken pictures almost immediately Cheesy  So the fact is...the only thing that's caused me pause today is their sickiness paired with mine *G*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to smoke a Bonita Fish
How to Beer Steam Maine Lobster Tails
Chopped Steak Recipe
Crawfish Bisque Recipe
Bison Chili to go with your beer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...