A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The "Which Embroidery Machine Should I Buy?" Thread  (Read 49202 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tamalita
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2012 01:25:43 PM »

Hello, I've been trying to investigate as much as I can about this on my own, but my inexperience has hindered my efforts so far, so I hope someone here may be able to help me...

The company I work for wants to make embroidered polo shirts for their employees, but they asked me to not only look into prices of the shirts, but to also look into acquiring a sub $2,000.00 embroidery machine that could enable us to accomplish this in-house.
This is mostly happening because buying from our local vendors you would think it's like trying to pry out their teeth (late with quotes and delivery/bad quality with high prices, etc).

We really only need the machine to embroider the logo onto polo shirts and eventually some dressier shirts to be worn by the Admin/Sales staff. Also, initially we would be embroidering about 80-100 shirts and after that we would only be doing shirts for new employees or when a shirt needs to be replaced or another big run if the design changes. Also worth noting is that we would mostly use a single color and I am a proficient user in CorelDraw (which I have heard can be used for digitizing)

Is there a machine that would fit that bill or do you think it's not worth going through all of this for company shirts and maybe eventually some promotionals. I have to admit that I asked and got permission to run personal crafts as long as it's not on company time and am always excited to learn how to do something new.

Thank you in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CES
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2013 07:32:59 PM »

Hello.

I have never used an embroidery machine.  I'm a craftster and love anything with a monogram on it, so I thought perhaps this might be a wonderful toy!  Ultimately, I'd love to set up a small business monogramming, after I have a couple of years under my belt!  So, where would you direct me?  Are there classes you took prior to purchasing a machine?  What is a great machine?  I have $1,000 budget.

Any insight you can provide would be very much appreciated!

Thank you,
CES
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monaliza
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2013 12:39:38 AM »

I recently bought a Brother 4500 D,both sewing and embroidery,wonderful machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimlowery86
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2013 12:05:59 PM »

Hi, I was wondering if you got a machine and which one? I am new to embroidery as well and am looking, I have been burned before with a singer futura, I broke the same week I received it. I want a good easy to learn machine that I can monogram and do appliques' for my 18M old! Smiley I'd love some advice. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2013 03:52:45 AM »

I have a Janome 350e that I love. This is an embroidery only machine. I chose this because I had a sewing machine that I love and I didn't want a multi purpose machine. To me, that was just one more thing that could go wrong!

The Janome 350e has two hoops - 5x7 and 4x6. It's super easy to use. It also has a USB port so that you can transfer designs onto the machine. The machine retails for $1600-$1800 new; however, you may be able to find a used machine for $700-$900.

When factoring in costs for the embroidery machine, don't forget that you will need consumables. Needles should be switched every 4-6 projects depending in size. You will also need embroidery thread and stabilizer. Wash away, cloud cover, and a spray adhesive are also very useful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
sullengal

I can not stop creating. I pray I never will.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2014 10:21:19 AM »

Hello all. Looks like the last post was summer of last year.

I am now looking into purchasing an embroidery machine for possible home business-based projects.

I was wondering what the best bang for your buck machine there is currently.

I'd like to be able to upload patterns from my computer and preferably use sizes larger than 5x7.

Thanks!

~Sullengal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/sullengal
My Etsy Store - http://Omphalie.etsy.com
Ongoing Swaps :
New Moon Swap - Sent!
johnita
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2014 07:04:48 PM »

My wife loves her Bernina.  She had a 200 for years and upgraded a couple of years ago to the limited edition.  It is the Cadillac of machines and it does anything she would ever want.  She has a Viking and it just sits there watching her Bernina go to town.

I bought the art program to go with it and between us she has made some incredible presents for family and friends.  As soon as I get enough posts I will show off some.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bethj
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2014 03:43:39 PM »

This butterfly embroidery machine is highly rated and I have used it for my commercial embroidery business for years. http://www.butterflyemb.com/butterfly-single-head-embroidery-machine-b-1501.php I really like how easy it is to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 9/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 8/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 9/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 3/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 11/12
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...