A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 308,140
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The "Which Embroidery Machine Should I Buy?" Thread  (Read 70266 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atomic mary
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005 09:34:35 AM »

I really debated between the 6500 and 8500 and the ULT.  I choose the 6500 because, I didn't think that I would use very many of the built in designs, and for the price difference, I could buy the memery cards that I know I will use.
[/quote]
yeah, that's true. some of the built in designs are nice (except disney- wow it sounds like i have a hate on for disney. i don't or at least i don't think i do, maybe deep down?) but i find that i use free designs i downloaded or i digitize my own. i have seen some beautiful ones on oesd or other sites like that. actually, yeah, i really haven't used too many of the built in ones. do you use PE design?
atomic mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005 11:35:12 AM »

yeah, that's true. some of the built in designs are nice (except disney- wow it sounds like i have a hate on for disney. i don't or at least i don't think i do, maybe deep down?) but i find that i use free designs i downloaded or i digitize my own. i have seen some beautiful ones on oesd or other sites like that. actually, yeah, i really haven't used too many of the built in ones. do you use PE design?
atomic mary

No, I have the Ultimate box, I haven't gotten into digitizing my own designs, I'm a lousy artist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleazy_e
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005 01:26:34 PM »

thanks so much for the quick replies... keep them coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KoriKaos
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005 06:47:27 PM »

what did you decide. i haven't opened mine yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006 06:29:52 AM »

Hi everyone. My hubby and I got $700 for Christmas that we were told to "buy something fun." Well, we were planning on buying a mattress, well, my hubby wonderfully told me that I should get an embroidery machine. Since I've always wanted one, and we never have this much money to do something with. So here is where I need your help.

What do I get?

I am having a really hard time finding information on embroidery machines. Reviews or comparisons or anything.
I will probably have to order it online as I really don't have anything near me besides WalMarts.

I've decided I don't want a White 4400 (I know people with them, and most of the reviews I've read pretty much say not to do it.)

That's the only thing I know or don't know.

Here is what I want. I want an embroidery machine that would preferably do something bigger than 4X4, but if that's all I can get oh, well.

But I also need something I can digitize my own pictures (this is a must! I don't want an embroidery machine if I can't make up my own designs.) And I guess I don't quite understand how I get the digitized thing into the machine, do I need a card writer too?

I have heard of embird, but I can't really tell what programs I would need and how much it would cost etc.. http://embird.com/sw/embird/tutorial/estudio.htm

I have heard of brother PE Software (I know nothing about this)

I'm sure there are others too, that I just don't know about.

What machines and programs work together?? Is everything compatible with each other?

All of this will need to be about $700 US, give or take a bit. I could probably squeeze up to $1000 US if I had to, but would feel forever guilty.

If you have some information, but it is out of my price range, please post it too. I may be able to save for next year or something if I at least have a goal.

Thanks so much!!!

Any and all help, links, opinions, knowledge, etc... is really appreciated.

EDIT:
I think I have found the machine and software I want. I would love your advice though if you have any input.

I like the Janome Memory Craft 300. It is onsale for $800, so I will probably get that. It is an embroidery only machine, which is good, so I can embroider while I sew. Also it takes the same cards as a digital camera which are cheaper and I already have the reader/writer adapter thing.

For software, I've been leaning towards embird. The Janome stuff is just too expensive, and I have a friend whose mom bought the cheaper software from Janome (like $500) and she says it is terrible, she has used the other one ($1300,) and that is nice, but ridiculously expensive. So embird is what seems to be the best buy for the money.

Again advice is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006 06:01:25 AM by Ezri_B » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006 06:35:45 AM »

I just got $700 to get an embroidery machine. I also must be able to digitize. I really don't know much about the stuff available. If you have a machine or software or can give me any advice please help me! Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GloryB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006 07:32:42 AM »

For $700.  You can buy an embroidery machine with a 4 x 4 hoop, and maybe a reader writer box so you can download designs from other sites.  For a machine with a larger hoop,  your looking at a least $1500.  and the digitizing equipment alone is close to $1000.  You can take a look at some machines here www.allbrands.com/index.php?
I really don't mean to be such a downer.  I love the machine that I have.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006 07:54:42 AM by GloryB » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006 08:08:41 AM »

What machine do you have?

You really aren't being a downer, I just want to know what's out there, and if that means I have to save this money till next year when I can get more, I will. It has never even been a possibility for me before, so I just need information more than anything.
Thanks for the link too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GloryB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006 09:10:36 AM »

I have the Brother PC6500 sewing and embroidery machine with a 5 x 7 hoop ($1500.00) and the Amazing Box II reader writer box ($200.00)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SecondHandRogue
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006 07:05:00 AM »

I'd go check out the forums/message board at www.sewing.patternreview.com
--those ladies *really* know their stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: For the Birds
February 22, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ballet Flats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...