A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,655
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The "Which Embroidery Machine Should I Buy?" Thread  (Read 63224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atomic mary
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005 09:34:35 AM »

I really debated between the 6500 and 8500 and the ULT.  I choose the 6500 because, I didn't think that I would use very many of the built in designs, and for the price difference, I could buy the memery cards that I know I will use.
[/quote]
yeah, that's true. some of the built in designs are nice (except disney- wow it sounds like i have a hate on for disney. i don't or at least i don't think i do, maybe deep down?) but i find that i use free designs i downloaded or i digitize my own. i have seen some beautiful ones on oesd or other sites like that. actually, yeah, i really haven't used too many of the built in ones. do you use PE design?
atomic mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005 11:35:12 AM »

yeah, that's true. some of the built in designs are nice (except disney- wow it sounds like i have a hate on for disney. i don't or at least i don't think i do, maybe deep down?) but i find that i use free designs i downloaded or i digitize my own. i have seen some beautiful ones on oesd or other sites like that. actually, yeah, i really haven't used too many of the built in ones. do you use PE design?
atomic mary

No, I have the Ultimate box, I haven't gotten into digitizing my own designs, I'm a lousy artist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleazy_e
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005 01:26:34 PM »

thanks so much for the quick replies... keep them coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KoriKaos
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005 06:47:27 PM »

what did you decide. i haven't opened mine yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006 06:29:52 AM »

Hi everyone. My hubby and I got $700 for Christmas that we were told to "buy something fun." Well, we were planning on buying a mattress, well, my hubby wonderfully told me that I should get an embroidery machine. Since I've always wanted one, and we never have this much money to do something with. So here is where I need your help.

What do I get?

I am having a really hard time finding information on embroidery machines. Reviews or comparisons or anything.
I will probably have to order it online as I really don't have anything near me besides WalMarts.

I've decided I don't want a White 4400 (I know people with them, and most of the reviews I've read pretty much say not to do it.)

That's the only thing I know or don't know.

Here is what I want. I want an embroidery machine that would preferably do something bigger than 4X4, but if that's all I can get oh, well.

But I also need something I can digitize my own pictures (this is a must! I don't want an embroidery machine if I can't make up my own designs.) And I guess I don't quite understand how I get the digitized thing into the machine, do I need a card writer too?

I have heard of embird, but I can't really tell what programs I would need and how much it would cost etc.. http://embird.com/sw/embird/tutorial/estudio.htm

I have heard of brother PE Software (I know nothing about this)

I'm sure there are others too, that I just don't know about.

What machines and programs work together?? Is everything compatible with each other?

All of this will need to be about $700 US, give or take a bit. I could probably squeeze up to $1000 US if I had to, but would feel forever guilty.

If you have some information, but it is out of my price range, please post it too. I may be able to save for next year or something if I at least have a goal.

Thanks so much!!!

Any and all help, links, opinions, knowledge, etc... is really appreciated.

EDIT:
I think I have found the machine and software I want. I would love your advice though if you have any input.

I like the Janome Memory Craft 300. It is onsale for $800, so I will probably get that. It is an embroidery only machine, which is good, so I can embroider while I sew. Also it takes the same cards as a digital camera which are cheaper and I already have the reader/writer adapter thing.

For software, I've been leaning towards embird. The Janome stuff is just too expensive, and I have a friend whose mom bought the cheaper software from Janome (like $500) and she says it is terrible, she has used the other one ($1300,) and that is nice, but ridiculously expensive. So embird is what seems to be the best buy for the money.

Again advice is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006 06:01:25 AM by Ezri_B » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006 06:35:45 AM »

I just got $700 to get an embroidery machine. I also must be able to digitize. I really don't know much about the stuff available. If you have a machine or software or can give me any advice please help me! Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GloryB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006 07:32:42 AM »

For $700.  You can buy an embroidery machine with a 4 x 4 hoop, and maybe a reader writer box so you can download designs from other sites.  For a machine with a larger hoop,  your looking at a least $1500.  and the digitizing equipment alone is close to $1000.  You can take a look at some machines here www.allbrands.com/index.php?
I really don't mean to be such a downer.  I love the machine that I have.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006 07:54:42 AM by GloryB » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006 08:08:41 AM »

What machine do you have?

You really aren't being a downer, I just want to know what's out there, and if that means I have to save this money till next year when I can get more, I will. It has never even been a possibility for me before, so I just need information more than anything.
Thanks for the link too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GloryB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006 09:10:36 AM »

I have the Brother PC6500 sewing and embroidery machine with a 5 x 7 hoop ($1500.00) and the Amazing Box II reader writer box ($200.00)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SecondHandRogue
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006 07:05:00 AM »

I'd go check out the forums/message board at www.sewing.patternreview.com
--those ladies *really* know their stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Being A Writer Helps Me With Depression
The “Right” Way to Fight Book Trailer
The Idolatry of God by Peter Rollins
Sandra Chapman Shares Brain Exercises from Her Book Make Your Mind Smarter
Hoda Kotb on Her New Book Ten Years Later
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...