A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Oxford  (Read 2542 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moecantsew

I am a scientist who crafts or is it the other way

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2007 01:09:53 PM »

So, I am moving to the Oxford area.  I would first and foremost love to meet some craftsters because I will have no friends and I am a sad and lonely person without friends.  Second of all - tell me where to live!!!  I will be working 6 miles outside of the city limits and I need some place good and cheap that will let me have a dog.  Preferably not an apartment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joannaclare
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007 11:56:43 AM »

can't help you with where to live sorry, i only moved here in september. i'm studying at oxford brookes uni. so far all i know is one fabric shop that also sells yarn. I hope that helps, i won't be around for about the next month as i will be back home for christmas but if i can help in any way i would love too
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moecantsew

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007 02:19:50 PM »

This is the one in Mississippi, not in the UK Wink.  Good luck with school!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008 05:11:55 PM »

Hi!  I'm in Tupelo.  I went to the University of MS...I'm sorry I don't know of many places to live that are outside of Oxford that would be either cheap or not apartments, but I'll bet you have found a place by now! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moecantsew

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008 05:30:58 AM »

I am in Tupelo this week!  I actually really like it here, I live in Oxford though, I travel here for work and just stay over so that I don't have to drive back and forth.  What is your fav place to eat?  any good shops besides Hobby Lobby and Hancock fabrics?

Do you know of any knit groups or other craft groups, as I would be willing to drive over here to meet some fun people?!?

thanks! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008 05:05:04 PM »

Yes the area is not too bad.  I grew up here though.  My favorite place to eat would have to be Vanelli's!  It's Italian and Greek.  I also like Fusion 205 it's near crosstown and it's got a little bit of everything including really really good desserts!  Sadly Tupelo isn't too good in the crafty area with shops.  Besides Hobby Lobby and Hancock's the closest yarn shop is in Columbus that I know of.  There used to be one in Oxford but it closed. 
There's not a knit group in Tupelo...yet but hopefully we can get one started on the other thread!  Even if it's a small one to start out!  Are you on Ravelry?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moecantsew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008 06:53:01 PM »

I am on Ravelry, I haven't posted, I am not too familiar with their boards yet but my username is the same.  I don't know where Columbus is (HAHA! I don't know where anything is except for the 32 creeks I have been sampling!)  I have had Vanelli's, it is up the street from the hotel that I have been staying in.  I am up for meeting.  I will be out of town this weekend, but let me know if you want to get together. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008 05:07:52 PM »

Oh okay.  I'm a member over there too.  I've sort of become more active over there actually.  My name over there is icehotels. Columbus is about an hour south of Tupelo...if you go down hwy 45.  I actually have to work my second job this weekend but I am off Monday from both jobs but meeting up would be cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettyinpink26

The best things in life are CHEAP!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011 11:35:06 AM »

I also live in Oxford, but work in Oxford as well.  It would be nice to meet up with new people that are into crafty stuff.  I don't sew b/c I'm really uncoordinated, but I like making home-made gifts (picture frames, paintings, coasters, decorating items, etc.).  I do have a good friend who quilts like a mad woman.  It'd be nice to meet people with somewhat similar interests. 

Oh, I'm Jessica, 24, by the way. 

Where did you find a place to live in Oxford?  My fiance and I are looking for houses to rent in the near future.  Our current apartment is too small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Wear on a Lazy Day
Trend Report - Matchy-Matchy Sets
How To Take Your LBD From Day To Night
Get Summer Music Festival Makeup
Veronique Branquinho Fall 2014 Paris Fashion Week Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...