A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 303,101
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sea shells  (Read 2082 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: April 13, 2004 08:18:36 AM »

Hey - my boyfriend's mom sent me this nice box of shells from the beach in texas - they've been in the box ever since but I'd really like to do something nice with them.  I thought about a curtain, but that really wouldn't go with our house.  Anyone have any ideas?  I would like to use them somehow at home, rather than make a bunch of small things that I give away - basically I wanna keep 'em, but use them for something.

I <3 rock so baby lets rolll..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004 02:23:04 PM »

I'm not really too sure on how to describe my idea but you could get one of those glass top coffee tables and under the glass (it would have to be see-through) you could get a little sement and place the shells into in with maybe a little sand for a cute seaside theme? Or on the top of a small chest of drawers in the bathroom? I don't know really just what I would do, or you could make jewlellary(sp?) or stick little ones onto the toe bit on flip flops! That would be cute and summary..

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004 05:18:02 PM »

this is a further comment on blur's idea instead of a new one, but you could arrange them on a bed of sand in a tray, nightstand, table, etc. and then pour liquid... what's the word?... epoxy? resin? (it's like a hard see-through plastic when it dries) and let it dry for a smooth surface that would protect the shells but still let you see them.

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004 05:23:14 PM »

You could also make a lamp!  You can either glue them onto a lamp, or they also make lamps that are clear and meant to be filled with goodies.  Smiley
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004 10:12:58 PM »

depending on how big they are you can glue themon picture frames or paper mache boxex or even woodend boxes

The older I get, the better I was! ! !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004 09:47:39 AM »

Picture frame for the wall and a candle ring for the table.

I bought a 6" straw wreath, mounted a candle plate in the center (with hot glue) and then hot glued about three rows of shells around the ring.  I then used spray adhesive on a candle and coated it with floral sand about five times.

Maybe you'll want to consider re-decorating a bathroom in an ocean theme. . .
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004 08:42:35 AM »

Grin I have my bedroom done in beach stuff and there are seashells everywhere!! lol but I took some and made a wreath out of some and hung on the wall.  I also took those tall clear glass vases and filled w/ seashells.  I also took some and put in baskets and also took large shells and put in a bowl and sat around.  I also have a set of white distressed shelves on my wall that I found old bottles from yard sales or flea markets for cheap that have pictures of ships or are just plain green or blue glass and then I found some cheap bottles that shells would fit in and filled many jars of all different shapes and sizes and put them on the shelves.  I also made a little fountain out of seashells I took an old fountain and tore it apart and took the pump out and drilled a hole in a large shell and stacked shells all in a bowl and ran the small hose through the hole in the large shell and water comes out of that shell and runs into other shells and cascades down. It's really pretty and wasn't that hard to make.  I also took those glass vases of different heights and filled w/ sand and put those glass colored beads that you see in Beta bowls or vases and put around the top of the sand and put a votive candle in the middle. It's really pretty. There's so many things to do!!!!! I would also like to make a mirror. If i can find an old one at a yard sale and glue seashells around it. That would be beautiful.  The really large vases with seashells and candles are really pretty too. I'm seashell crazy!! Smiley
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004 08:58:08 AM »

try this angel it  was posted else where....
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nicole Richie, Cody Simpson & Keke Palmer Show Us How To Accessorize
Get the Look: Boyfriend Jeans from Day to Night
Twist on a Classic: Jeans and a Tee
Get the Look: Date Night Oufit 3 Ways
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...