A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would material scraps sell?  (Read 754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mienna
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007 04:11:39 PM »

I hadn't thought about donating them, maybe I'll donate the ones I find hard to sort, hehe.

I don't have an IRL venue, I wish! What a dream that would be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thelittlewoman
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007 05:08:12 PM »

It really depends on what it is. I usually wouldn't buy scraps unless it's cotton or leather.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm selling vintage clothes on Etsy! Check out my store at www.bleugreen.etsy. com
javamama
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007 08:28:08 PM »

I hadn't thought about donating them, maybe I'll donate the ones I find hard to sort, hehe.

I have been talking to an elementary teacher of special needs kids (is that what they call it now ?) and she said small scraps or odds and ends are great for craft projects because tactile exploring is great for students who maybe struggle in other areas.  Just another possible donation place. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kelsi.kay
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007 06:52:27 PM »

I LOVE scraps. I take my friend's all the time :]! You could also consider making little scrap packs with a variety of things. Those are always fun :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007 02:09:27 AM »

rather than selling them, you could stamp them with your crafty logo and use 'em for business cards of sorts.  depending, of course, on fray levels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
Mienna
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007 03:04:30 AM »

What a great idea! Thanks to everyone for the great ideas/suggestions! Now I just have to actually sit down and sort them. I'll have to take a picture and show just how much by way of scraps I have, later this morning. People are still giving them to me. I'm thinking the pieces that are too small to sell I'm going to use to stuff things with, I also think I might cut some of them into 2x2 squares (and larger if possible).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscribe
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007 09:57:52 AM »

I know for a while there were tons of Ebay sales for packages of certain sized squares. I haven't looked lately.

There is a particular type of quilt - I think it's called 1,000 squares or something like that. The idea is to make it with 1,000(whatever the number is) different pieces of fabric. I have little doubt you could find someone who would like your stash.

Also you might want to see if a local church makes quilts for the sick or homeless - bet they'd love an infusion of fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007 10:05:29 AM »

I could look there, too. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll sell the Silks and blends and give the cottons away. There are so many places that could use them, which makes me feel kind of bad for selling them, hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plating your Home Style Meatloaf
Finishing your Meatloaf Gravy
How to Finish the Whipped Potatoes
Beginning Meatloaf Gravy
Cutting and Cooking Whipped Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...