A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,741
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday table place cards?  (Read 999 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

msinformation
« on: December 20, 2004 05:53:33 PM »

I could use some inspiration from you always inspired crafters.  I need to make some place cards for our Xmas table (the things that tell people where to sit).  I wanted to do something a bit different than just a plain paper card, but I cannot come up with any simple but beautiful ideas.  (Must be my fuzzy cold-infected brain!)  The only thought I had was to write people's names on some glass ball ornaments, but I have no way to get to a store to buy them between now and Xmas so that's not going to work.  I need to work with what I have around my house and I don't really have the time for anything overly complicated.  Does anyone have ideas?  Is anyone else making place cards?

Thank you so much for your help! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004 06:22:11 PM »

What do you have around the house? Do iyu have glitter glue or Sharpies? Or a paint pen they write on most anything!
>   wrap a tiny box & put the person name on the outside of the box. Just put a little trinket in the the box or maybe a poem or song lyrics that remind you of that person.
>   use the typical tent type cards but write the names in glue & lay yarn over the glue
>   make fortun cookies outof foam & slip a stip of paper in there witht the name on them. 
>   use a picture of that person & embelsih the pic with a drawn on santa hat or something else Christmas-y
>   Some where on here soe oane said they made famous faces ornametns by cutting out pics of celebs from magazines, do that then write family memebers names on them with a fancy pen or marker 
>   an orange with there name written on the skin
>   a little origami star or heart name written on it
>   paper snowflkes name on them
>   if you are breaking out the fancy stem ware (I loved drking iced tea out of wine glasses when I was a kid)  just cut long thin strips of paper curl on end around a pencil or sometihng a lilttle smaller. on the other end write the persons name. Attache the curled end to the stem of the glass.

=)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004 06:31:34 PM by DrewsUSAgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
msinformation
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004 08:46:42 AM »

Ooh, such great ideas!  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookgirl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004 08:17:27 AM »

The cinnamon ornaments are so easy, and you can cut them out in any shape you like (I did snowflakes this year), decorate them and then paint your guests' names on them.  Place card and party favor all in one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aussie

Life is short.......enjoy every day :-}

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004 01:54:43 PM »

Huh

Cut out snow men out off stiff cardboard and colour or paint them and add the name.

Make small holly leaves the same way and put names on.

small bunches of fowers tied with red ribbon with small name tag.

Hope this helps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
decibel
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004 04:05:45 PM »

If you do have time for this you could make large gingerbread cookies and write your guests names on them with icing (right word for it?). Maybe you guys in the US could easily get cookie dough from the local supermarket too, and that way you'd save even more time.

This is really simple and I guess it'd take an hour from dough to cookie - could be worth it. You get really pretty Christmassy themed place cards AND something for the guest to nibble at for dessert! Wink As an extra bonus - the wonderful smell of newly baked spicy cookies, beats any fragranced candle!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Backup Paracord Bracelet
How to Tie a Military Bugle Braid
How to Make Earrings - Advanced Earrings
How to Make Earrings - Basic Earrings
How to Make Earrings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...